I Give Unto Them Eternal Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry Shugart

There is a false teaching being spread about on this forum which says that no one received eternal life until after the Lord Jesus died on the Cross and was resurrected from the dead. However, the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken before the Cross prove that eternal life was given to believers before the Cross. The Lord said the following about His sheep who follow Him:

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:27-28).

The Greek word translated "give" is in the Greek present tense, which is defined in the following way:

"The present tense represents a simple statement of fact or reality viewed as occurring in actual time. In most cases this corresponds directly with the English present tense." (Blue Letter Bible).

If no no one received eternal life until after the Cross the Lord Jesus would have told his sheep; "And I will give unto them eternal life."

But that is not what He said. Perhaps this information will result in a cessation of the false teaching that no one received eternal life until sometime after the Cross.

Last edited:

OZOS

The "false teacher" is you.

"And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death,for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance. For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator."

You fail to comprehend a promise to the sheep, who will receive eternal life. No one received eternal life until AFTER Jesus died on the cross for their sins, and was raised for their justification.

UNTIL you learn to stop pulling verses out of the Bible apart from the whole counsel of God, you will continue to spread your doctrines of demons to others. Thankfully, the vast majority of people who believe in Jesus know that you are a false teacher.

1. You fail to understand what eternal life is.
2. You fail to understand how someone receives eternal life.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." Rom 8:9

"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life."

"...who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life."

"He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Your foolish heresy claims that men have eternal life apart from having the Spirit of God in them. Blasphemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.