I can see Y the un-churched... don't want to be churched

republicanchick

one perusal of this site in the Religion section and...

Whoa...

(the unchurched are probably thinking)

doesn't sound too Christian here... might as well stay outside any church...

that is really sad..

I am reminded of that psg in the bible that speaks of "those who cause others to sin"

This was listed as one of the sins that pitch you into Hell... causing others to sin

causing others to NOT w ant to go to church to hear the word of God... which God knew we needed... is a very serious sin

so why don't we all try some real Christian CHARITY for a change?

"Love others as you love yourself"?????

anyone?
_

keypurr

Maybe the folks who do not go to church left because they did not hear enough of God in the church. Is not that a two way street?

keypurr

You can have a deep relationship alone with God.

But it is nice to join with others in prayer for understanding of his words.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Some of us attend church some do not. The main issue is your relationship with God. I like my church, well, some here do not find what they need in church, yet many do gather together; Bible study for example.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
In some places in the South, to be 'Churched' means to be ostracized from the congregation.

"I got Churched!"

Bradley D

The church are the people of God.

"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them" (Matthew 18:20).

If you have two Christians and a Bible. You have a church.

Churches today are denomination's with doctrines in what they as a organized church believe in. I do not think many know what they believe in. Especially, when it comes to the Bible.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Whoa...

that is really sad..

I am reminded of that psg in the bible that speaks of "those who cause others to sin"

This was listed as one of the sins that pitch you into Hell... causing others to sin

causing others to NOT w ant to go to church to hear the word of God... which God knew we needed... is a very serious sin

anyone?
_

I can see Y the un-churched... don't want to be churched - August 12th, 2015, 01:30 PM

did you read your own posts then look in a mirror ? lol kiddin'
read my whole signature - Colossians 1

John 13:34-35 KJV -

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Martin Luther left the Roman Church because he thought it was a false religion. But he did not wish to do the Roman Curch harm. He wanted to reform it. It cannot be reformed. Nor can the Protestant Churches of today. They cannot be reformed. The unchurched must remain unchurched. For them it is the Wild Walk.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The irony in your post is kind of thick.

Romans 5

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

HisServant

I rarely go to church these days because churches seem to be self obsessed with its own members and are of no value to the communities in which they reside and are supported by.

15 years ago, I went through a huge fight in the church I attended at the time to get them to bolster their 'outreach and community' budget from 5% to 10%.

50% would be the place to start in my book and aim for more. Jesus asked us to be doers of the word and not just hearers.

PureX

Whoa...

that is really sad..

anyone?
_
Few religious Christians realize that their own bad behavior, when excused or justified by their religiosity, turns people away from religion. And yes, the Bible does say that causing others to 'stumble' in this way is a grave sin. Yet it happens all the time, because far too many Christians think their "faith" makes them righteous, when it does not. And that their "works" don't really matter. So they don't work at checking their egos, or their petty resentments, or their lust for superiority and control over others, or their greed, or whatever other sins they commonly engage in. Because they think simply believing they are saved has saved them. And it has not. It has not saved them from themselves, and because it hasn't, they become those stumbling blocks to others that Jesus so gravely warned about.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

Whoa...

that is really sad..

anyone?
_

I said
If one is called while in a church they are suppose to stay. If one is called outside the church they are not to join a church.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Interesting. I can see how it might work out that way.

I said
In the old testament anyone who wanted to become a Jew and join the religion had to get circumcised. That was how they joined the church.
And in the new testament its referring to joining a denomination.
1 Cor 7:18-19
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
(NKJ)

PureX

In the old testament anyone who wanted to become a Jew and join the religion had to get circumcised. That was how they joined the church.
I'm guessing that was a very short line. ;)

Fortunately, Jews don't seem to be much on proselytizing/evangelizing, and as far as I know, do not believe non-Jews need to become Jews. So that's not something that becomes much of an issue for anyone. On the other hand, if not many people convert to Judaism, they must have to intermarry to keep the numbers up.

That explains a few things …
And in the new testament its referring to joining a denomination.
1 Cor 7:18-19
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
(NKJ)
Hmmm … well, if the commandments were given to the Jews, for the Jews, then why would they matter for non-Jews?

See, I think modern Christians have become very confused about the OT because they keep assuming that the thing Jesus said to his fellow Jews were supposed to apply to all Christians. And I don't think that's the case.

I think Jesus was revealing a whole new way of understanding and relating to God, that transcended Judaism, and that could be adopted by Jews or non-Jews alike. And that if one were a Jew, they could remain a Jew, even though they recognized this transcendent spirituality that Jesus was revealing. But if they were not a Jew, they could still recognize and adopt this transcendent spirituality that Jesus was revealing without adhering to Judaism.

And you're probably not going to like hearing this, but I think the spiritual revelation of Jesus, when taken to heart, transcends the need for religious laws and rituals, so that non-Jewish Christians need not concern themselves with the ten commandments. Because the spirit of Christ within them will guide them, instead.

Most modern Christians are quite confused about the relationship between Judaism and Christ, and so think they have to adhere to some Jewish beliefs and traditions, but not to others, and that so does everyone else who calls themselves a Christian. But I think they're wrong. I think Christ is for Jews and non-Jews and for anyone else who accept the spiritual revelation of Jesus.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I'm guessing that was a very short line. ;)

Fortunately, Jews don't seem to be much on proselytizing/evangelizing, and as far as I know, do not believe non-Jews need to become Jews. So that's not something that becomes much of an issue for anyone. On the other hand, if not many people convert to Judaism, they must have to intermarry to keep the numbers up.

That explains a few things …
Hmmm … well, if the commandments were given to the Jews, for the Jews, then why would they matter for non-Jews?

See, I think modern Christians have become very confused about the OT because they keep assuming that the thing Jesus said to his fellow Jews were supposed to apply to all Christians. And I don't think that's the case.

I think Jesus was revealing a whole new way of understanding and relating to God, that transcended Judaism, and that could be adopted by Jews or non-Jews alike. And that if one were a Jew, they could remain a Jew, even though they recognized this transcendent spirituality that Jesus was revealing. But if they were not a Jew, they could still recognize and adopt this transcendent spirituality that Jesus was revealing without adhering to Judaism.

And you're probably not going to like hearing this, but I think the spiritual revelation of Jesus, when taken to heart, transcends the need for religious laws and rituals, so that non-Jewish Christians need not concern themselves with the ten commandments. Because the spirit of Christ within them will guide them, instead.

Most modern Christians are quite confused about the relationship between Judaism and Christ, and so think they have to adhere to some Jewish beliefs and traditions, but not to others, and that so does everyone else who calls themselves a Christian. But I think they're wrong. I think Christ is for Jews and non-Jews and for anyone else who accept the spiritual revelation of Jesus.

I said
Read the last half of the book of Ruth.