How to stir one another to love and good works?

Jamie Gigliotti

"And let us consider how to stir one another to love and good works." Hebrews 10:24

How do you propose to do this? Or is this not a concern for you?

My thoughts are:

1. Speak the truth in love; that love and good works are necessities to disciples of Christ's and that they are only done through faith and trust in Him and the love He poured out to us through the Holy Spirit and our submission and obedience to Him.

2. Demonstrate the love He poured out into you as best you can to all you come in contact with.

Last edited:

lukecash12

Always lean in to the Holy Spirit for inspiration. There are times when God has something for you to say or do, and it's not at all what you were expecting. Let me give a little example of this blessing in my life:

A long time work friend who has struggled with homosexual tendencies, and confusions with New Age religion, sat down to lunch with me the other day and began to open up. He was angry with God. Why does he have to live with all of this, have to feel shunned, alienated, isolated... self loathing and proud at the same time?

My normal, compassionate but limited Christian mind said that I should basically talk with him about God, why it may not be God's fault and how God genuinely wants him.

But then I felt something I can only explain as spiritual compassion and it hurt, because I was registering not just rationally but spiritually how there was a separation there. God pressed on me that the separation pained Him and told me to ask my friend a different question. So I asked Him instead: "Did you tell Him?"

As soon as it was out of my mouth I couldn't recognize who had asked that question, and later in retrospect it seemed that I could have "asked" other people the same question to no affect. It dawned on me the next time we talked that it wasn't even the words of the question but something between the words that was meant for him in particular. He had gone on his rooftop and shouted at God, finding that he didn't feel quite so dead inside any more.

Jamie Gigliotti

Always lean in to the Holy Spirit for inspiration. There are times when God has something for you to say or do, and it's not at all what you were expecting. Let me give a little example of this blessing in my life:

A long time work friend who has struggled with homosexual tendencies, and confusions with New Age religion, sat down to lunch with me the other day and began to open up. He was angry with God. Why does he have to live with all of this, have to feel shunned, alienated, isolated... self loathing and proud at the same time?

My normal, compassionate but limited Christian mind said that I should basically talk with him about God, why it may not be God's fault and how God genuinely wants him.

But then I felt something I can only explain as spiritual compassion and it hurt, because I was registering not just rationally but spiritually how there was a separation there. God pressed on me that the separation pained Him and told me to ask my friend a different question. So I asked Him instead: "Did you tell Him?"

As soon as it was out of my mouth I couldn't recognize who had asked that question, and later in retrospect it seemed that I could have "asked" other people the same question to no affect. It dawned on me the next time we talked that it wasn't even the words of the question but something between the words that was meant for him in particular. He had gone on his rooftop and shouted at God, finding that he didn't feel quite so dead inside any more.
That's a great example of letting God work through you! He will give us the words! Awesome! May His blessing, and power and love and peace and Joy be upon you in increasing measure for His great love and glory!

OCTOBER23

IN ORDER TO CHANGE THEM FOR THE BETTER,

KICK THEM OUT OF YOUR HOUSE.

They will soon have to build Character by Suffering

and will later thank you .
===============================================
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Jeff Goldblume quoting Frank Einstein

fzappa13

IN ORDER TO CHANGE THEM FOR THE BETTER,

KICK THEM OUT OF YOUR HOUSE.

They will soon have to build Character by Suffering

and will later thank you .
===============================================
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
Jeff Goldblume quoting Frank Einstein

After one or two admonishments, of course ... you mad machinist.

bybee

"And let us consider how to stir one another to love and good works." Hebrews 10:24

My thoughts are:

1. Speak the truth in love; that love and good works are necessities to disciples of Christ's and that they are only done through faith and trust in Him and the love He poured out to us through the Holy Spirit and our submission and obedience to Him.

2. Demonstrate the love He poured out into you as best you can to all you come in contact with.

I am a good neighbor .... so far anyway.:french:

Danoh

My thoughts are:

Ever bearing in mind that some just might interpret said "truth in love" as anything but...

This; due to the personal issues some struggle with that they then tend to project as the other side's being up to something against them - no matter how about the "love" one might be towards them.

Given this reality, such will conclude you their enemy, though you meant well...

Just goes to show why Christ had to die - because one way or another, we're all a bunch of screw ups.

So, speak the truth in love, but hold on to that Sword, lol

Jamie Gigliotti

Ever bearing in mind that some just might interpret said "truth in love" as anything but...

This; due to the personal issues some struggle with that they then tend to project as the other side's being up to something against them - no matter how about the "love" one might be towards them.

Given this reality, such will conclude you their enemy, though you meant well...

Just goes to show why Christ had to die - because one way or another, we're all a bunch of screw ups.

So, speak the truth in love, but hold on to that Sword, lol

There is spiritual opposition to Jesus, and attempts at speaking the truth in love will be met with anger at times.

It's a balancing act for sure, the question comes to mind when faced with opposistion, was I acting in a self righteous judgemental manner? The Devil is always attempting to condemn, trying to stop the love and message of Christ from being spread.

I think it's good advice to listen to the Holy Spirit as best we can and trust He is guiding us, giving us words. We may not deliver the message perfectly, but just try to learn and press on, forgetting what is behind, remembering that the opposition may not have been our delivery, but opposition to Jesus. The Holy Spirit is persuading but people have such a difficult time of letting their pride and wounds go. Prayer no doubt is essential, throughout.. Paul says we are co-workers with God, but taking as much of us out of the equation is always good, our pride just wants to muck things up. We are merely vessels, I have to remind myself of that.