How To Get To Heaven When You Die

xfrodobagginsx

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN? (CLICK 'READ MORE')

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began when the first humans, Adam and Eve were created and God put them in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect to live in fellowship with Him. There was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That's because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won't have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you, But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell. He is the only one qualified because He is the only one ever to live a sinless, perfect life.

3. If you will confess Jesus Christ as Your Lord, place your Faith in Him and Believe in your heart that He died, shed His blood and rose again as a sacrifice for your sins, you will be saved (from hell).

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but your Faith must be in Christ and His sacrifice alone and nothing else, giving your life to Him.

Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ro 10:9,10;13 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved...For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

4. You must submit your life to Jesus Christ and His will in Faith, believing in your heart that He died and rose again shedding His blood to pay for your sins as a sacrifice to God. If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, YOU COULD HUMBLY PRAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO GOD FROM YOUR HEART IN FAITH:

"Dear Lord Jesus I know that I am a sinner and need you to save me. I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead, shedding your blood as a Sacrifice for my sins. I turn to You as the only way of Salvation, I submit my life to you, I submit my will to yours, I place my Faith and Trust in You alone as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have truly placed your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord, submitting your life to Him, you can know that you are a child of God and on your way to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Studying The Bible Is Essential To Christians Growth. Click Here To Walk Through The Bible Verse By Verse From The Beginning, In 25 Minute Lessons:

https://www.lesfeldick.org/

xfrodobagginsx

Faith is key. True Faith surrenders your will to God's will. Those men demonstrated faith through obedience, but it was Faith that saved them. Faith is believing God, submitting to His will. Faith is trust in God.

Right Divider

Body part
Romans 10 is about Israel? Explain...
Just read it. Roman 9-11 is all about Israel.

Rom 9:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)​
(9:1) I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, (9:2) That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. (9:3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: (9:4) Who are Israelites; to whom [pertaineth] the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service [of God], and the promises; (9:5) Whose [are] the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ [came], who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.​
Rom 10:1-3 (AKJV/PCE)​
(10:1) Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. (10:2) For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. (10:3) For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​
Rom 11:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)​
(11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin. (11:2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, (11:3) Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. (11:4) But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal. (11:5) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.​
Rom 11:26-29 (AKJV/PCE)​
(11:26) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: (11:27) For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. (11:28) As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes. (11:29) For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Just read it. Roman 9-11 is all about Israel.

Rom 9:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)​
(9:1) I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, (9:2) That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. (9:3) For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: (9:4) Who are Israelites; to whom [pertaineth] the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service [of God], and the promises; (9:5) Whose [are] the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ [came], who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.​
Rom 10:1-3 (AKJV/PCE)​
(10:1) Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. (10:2) For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. (10:3) For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​
Rom 11:1-5 (AKJV/PCE)​
(11:1) I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, [of] the tribe of Benjamin. (11:2) God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying, (11:3) Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. (11:4) But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to [the image of] Baal. (11:5) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.​
Rom 11:26-29 (AKJV/PCE)​
(11:26) And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: (11:27) For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. (11:28) As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes. (11:29) For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance.
I think what he was wanting you to explain is how this is relevant to the opening post? What difference does it make?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES
ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN? (CLICK 'READ MORE')

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began when the first humans, Adam and Eve were created and God put them in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect to live in fellowship with Him. There was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That's because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won't have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you, But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell. He is the only one qualified because He is the only one ever to live a sinless, perfect life.

3. If you will confess Jesus Christ as Your Lord, place your Faith in Him and Believe in your heart that He died, shed His blood and rose again as a sacrifice for your sins, you will be saved (from hell).

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Heb 9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but your Faith must be in Christ and His sacrifice alone and nothing else, giving your life to Him.

Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ro 10:9,10;13 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved...For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

4. You must submit your life to Jesus Christ and His will in Faith, believing in your heart that He died and rose again shedding His blood to pay for your sins as a sacrifice to God. If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, YOU COULD HUMBLY PRAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO GOD FROM YOUR HEART IN FAITH:

"Dear Lord Jesus I know that I am a sinner and need you to save me. I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead, shedding your blood as a Sacrifice for my sins. I turn to You as the only way of Salvation, I submit my life to you, I submit my will to yours, I place my Faith and Trust in You alone as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen."

If you have truly placed your faith in Jesus Christ as your Lord, submitting your life to Him, you can know that you are a child of God and on your way to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Studying The Bible Is Essential To Christians Growth. Click Here To Walk Through The Bible Verse By Verse From The Beginning, In 25 Minute Lessons:

https://www.lesfeldick.org/
Not a bad rendering of the gospel. There are quite a lot of statements that are somewhat loaded with meaning that an uninitiated person might not notice and your tendency to capitalize certain words like the word 'rose' in "Rose from the dead", for example, is a bit puzzling but that might have just been a typo so I won't make anything out of that. Otherwise, it's certainly sufficient to get someone off on the right foot. Particularly the part about not relying on things like baptisms and "being a good person" for one's salvation. The thing you seem to have left off is a belief in the deity of Christ and it seems to me that there is a little pinch of what tastes like John McArthur-esque "Lordship Salvation" in there, but otherwise, not bad. I've certainly seen far worse!

I wonder whether you'd agree with the following....

I propose the following as a bare bones, base minimum list of what one must believe in order to get saved. Call it the Gospel Proper, if you will....
  • God exists and is the Creator of all things and He is perfect, holy, and just.
  • We, having willfully done evil things and rebelled against God, who gave us life, deserve death.
  • Because God loves us, He provided for Himself a propitiation (an atoning sacrifice) by becoming a man whom we call Jesus Christ.
  • Jesus, being the Creator God Himself and therefore innocent of any sin, willingly bore the sins of the world and died on our behalf.
  • Jesus rose from the dead.
  • If you confess with you mouth, the Lord Jesus Christ (i.e. openly acknowledge your need of a savior and that He is that Savior) and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, YOU WILL BE SAVED.

Right Divider

Body part
I think what he was wanting you to explain is how this is relevant to the opening post? What difference does it make?
My point was that the Romans verses that he quoted are not related to salvation today.

Ro 10:9,10;13 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved...For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."​

We, in the body of Christ, are not saved by "confessing with our mouths".

I would also note that Romans 10:13 is actually quoting Joel 2:32 about the deliverance of the remnant of Israel.

Joel 2:32 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:32) And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.​
Peter also quotes that same verse (and more from that passage) in Acts 2.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My point was that the Romans verses that he quoted are not related to salvation today.

Ro 10:9,10;13 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved...For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."​

We, in the body of Christ, are not saved by "confessing with our mouths".

I would also note that Romans 10:13 is actually quoting Joel 2:32 about the deliverance of the remnant of Israel.

Joel 2:32 (AKJV/PCE)​
(2:32) And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.​
Peter also quotes that same verse (and more from that passage) in Acts 2.
Romans 10 may have been about Israel but it was not speaking to Israel. The book of Romans was written to Romans, which is to say that it was written to Gentiles, not Jews. Paul was not teaching the Gentiles how Israel was saved but said, to his Roman audience...

Romans 10:8 But what does it (i.e. "the righteousness of faith" verse 6) say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”​
Note that it is not the "word of faith which we used to preach" (verse 8) but that "which we preach" - present tense. Note also that he makes a point to indicate that there is no distinction between Jew and Greek (verse 12). That didn't used to be the case! There very much was a distinction and now, in the age of Grace, the distinction is no longer, which was the point of bringing up the Jews in the first place. This entire passage, whether it makes reference to the Jews for the sake of making his argument or not, is Paul's proclamation of the gospel to the Romans (i.e. Gentiles).

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Romans 10 may have been about Israel but it was not speaking to Israel. The book of Romans was written to Romans, which is to say that it was written to Gentiles, not Jews.
Paul was writing to all in Rome; Gentiles and Jews.

Rom 1:15 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:15) So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.​
I freely admit that Paul is the apostle of the gentiles and that gentiles are his main target audience. But I also claim that unbelieving Jews are pretty much relegated to being considered gentiles (i.e., uncircumcised in heart and ears, Acts 7:51).

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Paul was writing to all in Rome; Gentiles and Jews.

Rom 1:15 (AKJV/PCE)​
(1:15) So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.​
I freely admit that Paul is the apostle of the gentiles and that gentiles are his main target audience. But I also claim that unbelieving Jews are pretty much relegated to being considered gentiles (i.e., uncircumcised in heart and ears, Acts 7:51).
Exactly! Verse twelve explicitly states that "there is no distinction between Jew and Greek". I mean, I don't understand how you didn't just concede my point!

By your logic Romans 11 doesn't apply to us either because Paul is talking about Israel throughout that chapter, and Romans 12 and 13 must therefore be a bunch of legalism (meant for Jews??? that makes no sense).

I'm reasonably sure that you are the only individual that I have ever encountered who says that Romans 10 is not Paul tell us how to get saved in the dispensation of Grace. The hang up seems to be on the idea that confession with one's mouth is some sort of meritorious good work, which is just ridiculous. What comes from your mouth is a reflection of what is in your heart, which is a truth and a principle that is taught throughout the bible. The focus being on the heart, not the mouth.
Matthew 15:16 So Jesus said, “Are you also still without understanding? 17 Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 20 These are the things which defile a man, but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile a man.”​
Jesus was talking about being defiled; Paul was talking about being saved; both were talking about the heart and employing the principle so clearly taught in the Proverbs that, "For as [a man] thinks in his heart, so is he."

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Have you listened to Les Feldick? He is the best Bible teacher.
He's certainly the best that is on Christian television - by a mile!

I'm pretty sure he was an Acts 2 dispensationalist, which led to some unavoidable errors, but, leaving relatively minor doctrinal issues aside, he was indeed an outstanding teacher.

I cannot, however, agree that he was the best. Bob Enyart was the best bible teacher I have ever encountered. The only person that I know of that was even nearly as good was his own pastor, Bob Hill.