How Protestants got sucked into the Rapture

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not really.

You have to adhere to "soul sleep" until the rapture/resurrection for your theory to work.

steko has to believe that when he dies his soul floats around in Heaven somewhere without any sort of body waiting for the rapture/resurrection to get his new body. Then he believes that after the rapture/resurrection, he returns back to planet earth with Jesus in his new body when the alleged 7 year Trib is over.

I believe that when we die, we are instantly in the presence of the Lord, and in the Kingdom of God with a glorified body forever, and never come back to planet earth.

Well, there you go talkin' about me behind my back...........................and right to my face.

I'm working on the top of my house, putting a roof on, so I won't be putting much into this.

If the rapture takes place today....I'll have a shorter trip.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm working on the top of my house, putting a roof on, so I won't be putting much into this.

If the rapture takes place today....I'll have a shorter trip.

Are you installing a "rapture hatch"?

rapture-hatch.jpg

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your neighbors will wonder why your clothes are left on the roof.

:chuckle:

You can ask steko, but he said only his soul goes to heaven/paradise until the rapture/resurrection.

Wouldn't that mean his body stays here with his clothes?

Since we're on the subject, do you believe your vile body gets raptured like in the following picture?

d44cf1fb9149945eee96d9e15e4509321bddadde.jpg

Do you believe the Christians just disappear?

Or do you believe only the souls get raptured, leaving a corpse?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I believe our houses from heaven come down with Christ, and the spirits of those in the Body of Christ go up, and meet in the air.

So, if I understand you correctly, your corpse will remain here, and your soul will be raptured and merge with your new body in the air?

However, if you die before the rapture, you're soul sleeps until the rapture/resurrection, and then raises and meets your new body in the air before those alive get raptured?

Do you believe the Christians just disappear?

Or do you believe only the souls get raptured, leaving a corpse?

Doesn't scripture say we will be changed (1 Corinthians 15:52), will put on the incorruptible and be like the first fruits of the resurrection, Jesus Christ, in body? Did the Lord Jesus leave a corpse on earth?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Doesn't scripture say we will be changed (1 Corinthians 15:52), will put on the incorruptible and be like the first fruits of the resurrection, Jesus Christ, in body?

Yes it does.

I'm asking rapture proponents what happens before they are changed from corruptible to incorruptible.

Rapture proponents who die before the rapture have various theories as to what happens from the time they die, until the alleged rapture/resurrection takes place.

Did the Lord Jesus leave a corpse on earth?

No, He ascended to Heaven.

Right Divider

Body part
It doesn't matter that you never literally read anything from John Nelson Darby. You're a Dispensationalist, therefore everything you have been taught has come from John Nelson Darby.

IOW, someone who taught you was taught by someone who was taught by someone who was taught by someone, etc. who was taught by John Nelson Darby.

As I said, you live in denial.
I get my dispensational views from a guy named Paul and a book called the Bible.

Yes it does.

I'm asking rapture proponents what happens before they are changed from corruptible to incorruptible.

Rapture proponents who die before the rapture have various theories as to what happens from the time they die, until the alleged rapture/resurrection takes place.

The spirit of the believer goes to be with the Lord.

Mark 9

2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.
3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.
4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.

2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

Philippians 1

21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
23 For I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better.
24 Nevertheless to remain in the flesh is more needful for you.
25 And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith,
26 that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.

Luke 23:42-43, And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14, But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

I Peter 4:6, For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

I Peter 3:18-19, For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison.

Revelation 6

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

OCTOBER23

Saul Paul Mentioned,

No, some rapture believers are on each side of the debate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

That is because of the Scripture in Revelations ,

Revelation 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him.

And he said unto me, See thou do it not:

I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus:

worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

-- FELLOW SERVANT ???? - Is this an Angel or a former Prophet or Apostle - ALIVE IN HEAVEN ?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

2 Corinthians 12:4 How that he was caught up into paradise,

and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------