How Jesus is God?

glorydaz

Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is our Lord.

1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.​

God sent his Son.

1 John 4:9
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.​

To claim that God did not send His Son is to call God a liar.

1 John 5:10
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.​

The Lord our God is one Lord. Get that figured out and you're good to go.

genuineoriginal

The Lord our God is one Lord. Get that figured out and you're good to go.
The verse does not really say what you think it says.

In the Hebrew, the verse states that Jehovah יְהוָה is one אֶחָֽד.

Deuteronomy 6:4 YLT
4 `Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God [is] one Jehovah;​

The KJV (and others) have mistranslated it.

Deuteronomy 6:4
4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:​

glorydaz

Greetings glorydaz,The concept of "name" in the Scriptures is used in two different senses. Firstly the actual name and secondly the import or ideas behind the name and character revealed. Most Trinitarians quote Matthew 28:19 to prove that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are represented by the One Name, sometimes known as the Trinity. Could you please explain what is the "Name" referred to in Matthew 28:19?

Kind regards
Trevor

Father, Son, Holy Spirit. One God.

Inseparable....try as you may, it cannot be done. They are ONE.

Where the Father is the Son and Spirit are.
Where the Son is the Father and Spirit are.
Where the Spirit is the Father and Son are.

TrevorL

Greetings again Idolater,
You misunderstand the authentic Trinity doctrine /teaching. It makes zero sense to say "three Gods in One." The Father is God, the Son is God, and the Spirit is God. Three Persons, One God. "Cosubstantial."
Yes, I do not understand "The Trinity", but I do understand that there is One God the Father, and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lol Three different Spirits in three different places all at the same time.

[Luk 3:21-22
[21] When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened.
[22] And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said

[21] When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened.
[22] And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased."

You're starting to get it squeaky.

Matthew 28:19 New King James Version (NKJV)
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

TrevorL

Greetings again glorydaz,
I asked what is the Name of God, but you replied “Father, Son, Holy Spirit”. This is not a name, but Father and Son are titles revealing their relationship. The apostles were to preach and baptise into the One Name, and hence this would result in the salvation of those who believed. How do you account for the one Name when in the following it does not say the Name of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit but the Name of Jesus.
Acts 4:7-12 (KJV): 7 And when they had set them in the midst, they asked, By what power, or by what name, have ye done this? 8 Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel, 9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole; 10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. 11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner. 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
The Name “Jesus” incorporates the Name “Yahweh” and is the development of this Name, the One Name, the family Name. I suggest that there is a beautiful detailed picture or mural on the wall, but you come along and paint over it in whitewash, obliterating the detail, and then you write in large letters “The Trinity”.

Kind regards
Trevor

glorydaz

Greetings again Idolater,Yes, I do not understand "The Trinity", but I do understand that there is One God the Father, and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Kind regards
Trevor

Oh, you mean .....

The One who created all things?

The One who was before all things, and by Him all things consist?

The One upholding all things by the word of his power,

But you cannot confess Him as your Lord God and Saviour?
That, dear reader, is the great problem of the natural man of the flesh.
He cannot understand spiritual things.
Clearly it is is written, yet he cannot see.

glorydaz

I said

Nope....ONE Holy Spirit.

glorydaz

Again, (according to Jesus) who gave Jesus the permission and authorities to say or do anything at any time?

Again, you must distinguish between our Lord's DEITY and His HUMANITY.

As God, He sent, and as Man He spoke the words of God.

Read the Scripture. It's buried treasure that must be sought after.

John 8:14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Oleander

John 8:14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

>>> So, when he raise the dead he is God, when he doesn't know something, then he is a man!!
I see him as clay in your hands, you shape him the way you want?
You claim Jesus was 100% God. And 100 % man.
We know the man side, he looks like a man, he walk like a man he eat like a man....ect.
When he was 100% God depend only on himself as true God?
When he stop depending on his God?
When he stop taking orders from his God?
Thank you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is our Lord.

1 Corinthians 1:9
9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.​

God sent his Son.

1 John 4:9
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.​

To claim that God did not send His Son is to call God a liar.

1 John 5:10
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.​

I said
LORD GOD ALMIGHTY AND ALSO Lord JESUS CHRIST=LORD Lord

Ps 110:1

1 The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool."

(Matt)
Matt 25:1-12
1 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2 "Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 "Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them,
4 "but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 "But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept.
6 "And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'
7 "Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps.
8 "And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.'
9 "But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'
10 "And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut.
11 "Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!'
12 "But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.'
Luke 13:25-27
25 "When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'
26 "then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'
27 "But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
Matt 7:21-23
21 "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
Luke 6:46
46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do the things which I say?
Matt 25:31-46
31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats.
33 "And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 'for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
36 'I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'
37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink?
38 'When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You?
39 'Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Luke 13:28
28 "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.
Heb 10:10
10 By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Rom 14:9
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
Rom 14:11
11 For it is written: "As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God."
Jude 1:4
4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Matt 11:27
27 "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.
(NKJ)

XXXXX Lord is a title of spiritual authority over the earth. The LORD God held it alone until Jesus proved Himself to God the Father. Then God the Father gave the title of Lord to Jesus when Jesus received His Ministry. God is the title of spiritual authority over the universe which only God the Father holds. But even Jesus will hold that title at His second coming. God gave Jesus the title of Lord, not LORD. There is only one LORD, and there is only one Lord. And the Father is the only God.

[Rev 17:14
14 "These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those [who are] with Him [are] called, chosen, and faithful."

JESUS SAID THE FATHER IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD

[Jhn 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Nope....ONE Holy Spirit.

I said
lolol I showed you they are all separate, and I showed y0u with the scriptures. And all you can come up with is Nope. You should start looking inside yourself and find out where your thoughts are coming from.

[Luk 9:55
[55] But He turned and rebuked them, and said, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of.

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned
I do not believe that the authentic Trinity teaches specifically regarding authority between or among the Persons. The Father is not the Son, nor is the Father the Spirit; and the Son is not the Spirit. The Father generates the Son, and the Spirit proceeds from the Father, and from the Son.

The Son "proceeds" from the Father.

And Yes, Jesus is God, God the Son

TrumpTrainCA

BANNED
Banned

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypostatic_union

Hypostatic union (from the Greek: ὑπόστασις hypóstasis, "sediment, foundation, substance, subsistence") is a technical term in Christian theology employed in mainstream Christology to describe the union of Christ's humanity and divinity in one hypostasis, or individual existence.[3]

The most basic explanation for the hypostatic union is Jesus Christ being both God and man. He is both perfectly divine and perfectly human.

The Athanasian Creed recognized this doctrine and affirmed its importance, stating that "He is God from the essence of the Father, begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity. Although he is God and human, yet Christ is not two, but one. He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself. He is one, certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person. For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypostatic_union