How do you know you are saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How do you know you are saved.

Go ahead, give your theories.

Much of what people believe about that is nothing more than presumption.

Test it here.

LA

None so far yet have told how they know they are saved.

Gods word, the Bible, being true does not make one saved even if you believe it is true.

LA

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Let's say for the sake of discussion that Jesus Christ is sinless and that he has forgiven us our sins. If he forgives our sins do we still have them? If so, what was the point of forgiveness?

Paul said, "There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:1)

If, perchance, you have been made free from the law of sin and death why would you continue to sin?

The scriptural context of the word "perfect" refers to spiritual maturity. The kingdom is only for the spiritual mature. That is the point of the parable of the ten virgins. Some were not ready when the bridegroom came but some were. Those who were ready went with him and the marriage door was shut. There is only one bride so when the marriage door is shut that is it and the door will not open again.

Be ready spiritually. Be mature spiritually.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Let's say for the sake of discussion that Jesus Christ is sinless and that he has forgiven us our sins. If he forgives our sins do we still have them?

My goodness.

I think you need to read Jesus' word.

No wonder you are pro-military.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No wonder you are pro-military.

Yes, it is sometimes referred to as serving one's country. Many people ignore those who sacrificed life and limb by presuming freedom is free. I served so that you and others including myself might have freedom of religion and speech.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. The military requires heartbeats.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." (Jack)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." (Jack)

You should quote Jesus' word, not mere man's.

Your faith is worldly friend, using men's wisdom. It is called humanism. Your faith must be centered with Jesus' word, not any man or society.

Do you understand what Jesus is saying with "His followers are not of the world, as I am not of it"?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"There are some people who think you have to hate them in order to shoot them. I don't think you do. It's just business." (James Mattis, U.S. Secretary of Defense)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
"There are some people who think you have to hate them in order to shoot them. I don't think you do. It's just business." (James Mattis, U.S. Secretary of Defense)

there you go quoting another man.

1)Do you know Jesus says His followers are not of the world?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You should quote Jesus' word, not mere man's.

Your faith is worldly friend, using men's wisdom. It is called humanism. Your faith must be centered with Jesus' word, not any man or society.

Do you understand what Jesus is saying with "His followers are not of the world, as I am not of it"?

When I went into the military my faith at the time corresponded to Secretary Mattis's quote: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

I was eighteen when I enlisted.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
When I went into the military my faith at the time corresponded to Secretary Mattis's quote: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

I was eighteen when I enlisted.

Why do you refuse to answer my questions?

they are all Jesus' teaching related.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Are you pro-military too, 1M1S?

Matthew 19

25When the disciples heard this they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”…

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do you refuse to answer my questions?

they are all Jesus' teaching related.

It's simple, when I enlisted I was not Christian and had no desire to be.

Life is simpler when anything goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.