how can you handle 1 Peter 3:21 ?

DAN P

It treads , the like figure whereunto ( even ) baptism doth also save us ( not the putting away ) of the filth of the flesh , but the answer of a good conscience toward God ) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ .

On this other site , is hard to believe how many believe that baptism saves .

There is an answer , if you check what the Greek word for baptism is ?

Check Rom 6:3 and 4

what say you ?

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
It treads , the like figure whereunto ( even ) baptism doth also save us ( not the putting away ) of the filth of the flesh , but the answer of a good conscience toward God ) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ .

On this other site , is hard to believe how many believe that baptism saves .

There is an answer , if you check what the Greek word for baptism is ?

Check Rom 6:3 and 4

what say you ?

dan p
Right division

Bradley D

I see baptism as symbolic of dying to the old self and arising the new self/Christian. Of course it has to be in your heart to do so.

DAN P

I see baptism as symbolic of dying to the old self and arising the new self/Christian. Of course it has to be in your heart to do so.
I say that when you see the word BAPTISM / BAPTISO it does not always mean WATER .

Here is just one 22 times when it does not mean WATER !

Read 1 Cor 10:2 that reads , And all were BAPTIZED // BAPTISO unto Moses in the CLOUD , and in the SEA .

If then believe in WATER BAPTISM how were ABOUT THOUSAND of Jews baptized unto Moses ?

And how do you BAPTIZE a cloud ?

And how do you BAPTIZE a SEA ?

So , the words CLOUD and the word SEA are a FIGURE of SPEECH , so what do the words CLOUD and SEA then represent ?

dan p

Bradley D

I say that when you see the word BAPTISM / BAPTISO it does not always mean WATER .

Here is just one 22 times when it does not mean WATER !

Read 1 Cor 10:2 that reads , And all were BAPTIZED // BAPTISO unto Moses in the CLOUD , and in the SEA .

If then believe in WATER BAPTISM how were ABOUT THOUSAND of Jews baptized unto Moses ?

And how do you BAPTIZE a cloud ?

And how do you BAPTIZE a SEA ?

So , the words CLOUD and the word SEA are a FIGURE of SPEECH , so what do the words CLOUD and SEA then represent ?

dan p
As I wrote it is symbolic. Some denominations do not have the complete water baptism. Dying to the old self and becoming a new person is from the heart. Just like the Old Adam and the New Adam.

DAN P

As I wrote it is symbolic. Some denominations do not have the complete water baptism. Dying to the old self and becoming a new person is from the heart. Just like the Old Adam and the New Adam.
And is Mark 16:16 symbolic , and reads , He that believeth and is Baptized shall be saved and the Greek shall saved , it says the baptism saves ? is this symbolic also ?

the Greek word shall be Damned // katakrino is in the Greek future tense , passive voice , and in the indicative mood , which means it is a fact and is in the singular .

By the way , the words shall be saved // sozo are also in the Greek , future tense also .

what say you ?

dan p

Bradley D

And is Mark 16:16 symbolic , and reads , He that believeth and is Baptized shall be saved and the Greek shall saved , it says the baptism saves ? is this symbolic also ?

the Greek word shall be Damned // katakrino is in the Greek future tense , passive voice , and in the indicative mood , which means it is a fact and is in the singular .

By the way , the words shall be saved // sozo are also in the Greek , future tense also .

what say you ?

dan p
John the baptist tells us that the Lord will baptize us with the Holy Spirit. Baptism by water is an outward showing of salvation. The main thing is that the heart accepts it. Someone may get baptized at church. But does the person baptized really mean accept or just doing it for show? I got baptized at a ceremony at church when young. My heart did not accept Christ till I nearly died of alcoholism at the age of 40 years old.

DAN P

John the baptist tells us that the Lord will baptize us with the Holy Spirit. Baptism by water is an outward showing of salvation. The main thing is that the heart accepts it. Someone may get baptized at church. But does the person baptized really mean accept or just doing it for show? I got baptized at a ceremony at church when young. My heart did not accept Christ till I nearly died of alcoholism at the age of 40 years old.
And is Mark 16:16-18 wrong as it is in the Future Tense , so is that passage just " symbolism " ??

are you avoiding that verse ?

dan p

Bradley D

Many people do... but that's one of the myths of Churchianity.

Nowhere in scripture can you find this "symbolism".
Symbolism is the idea that things represent other things.

ATS Bible Dictionary
Baptism
The holy ordinance by which persons are admitted as members of the Christian community. It is administered in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost; and is a visible and public profession of faith in Christ and his salvation, of vital union with him, of the obligation to live a new life according to his precepts and in his service, and of the expectation of sharing in his glorious and heavenly immortality. It is not by any means to be regarded as a regenerating ordinance, though significant of regeneration. It was established in the Christian church by Christ and his apostles, and is binding on his followers to the end of time. The use of water in this ordinance is grounded in part on its qualities as the great element of purification, and on the rites of the ancient dispensation, in which "water and blood: were the divinely appointed symbols of moral renovation and atonement.

DAN P

ATS Bible Dictionary
Baptism
The holy ordinance by which persons are admitted as members of the Christian community. It is administered in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost; and is a visible and public profession of faith in Christ and his salvation, of vital union with him, of the obligation to live a new life according to his precepts and in his service, and of the expectation of sharing in his glorious and heavenly immortality. It is not by any means to be regarded as a regenerating ordinance, though significant of regeneration. It was established in the Christian church by Christ and his apostles, and is binding on his followers to the end of time. The use of water in this ordinance is grounded in part on its qualities as the great element of purification, and on the rites of the ancient dispensation, in which "water and blood: were the divinely appointed symbols of moral renovation and atonement.
Here is my last post for today !!

I Acts 2:38 it say to repent and let each of you be Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins , and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit .
Then why was Jesus baptized by John the baptizer // which means the Baptisma ??

Jesus did repent , in Gen 6:6

And why did all priests have to Wash hands and feet to perform their ministry ?

And why did Matt 3:Matt wrote , saying Repent ye for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand .

That is why baptism came to Israel , for the Kingdom of Heaven is coming and is their midst .
dan p

Right Divider

Body part
Duh. Thanks so much. 😖
ATS Bible Dictionary
Baptism
Yes,I fully understand how the myth came to be.

Bradley D

Here is my last post for today !!

I Acts 2:38 it say to repent and let each of you be Baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins , and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit .
Then why was Jesus baptized by John the baptizer // which means the Baptisma ??

Jesus did repent , in Gen 6:6

And why did all priests have to Wash hands and feet to perform their ministry ?

And why did Matt 3:Matt wrote , saying Repent ye for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand .

That is why baptism came to Israel , for the Kingdom of Heaven is coming and is their midst .
dan p
"Then why was Jesus baptized by John the baptizer // which means the Baptisma ??"

That was Jesus' start of His mission. God spoke "and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased” (Luke 3:22).

"Jesus did repent , in Gen 6:6"

That was Yahweh (Father) and He was sad because of how man had become wicked.

"And why did Matt 3:Matt wrote , saying Repent ye for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand ."

The coming of the Messiah was near and He came. Christ will return again.

DAN P

"Then why was Jesus baptized by John the baptizer // which means the Baptisma ??"

That was Jesus' start of His mission. God spoke "and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased” (Luke 3:22).

"Jesus did repent , in Gen 6:6"

That was Yahweh (Father) and He was sad because of how man had become wicked.

"And why did Matt 3:Matt wrote , saying Repent ye for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand ."

The coming of the Messiah was near and He came. Christ will return again.
Many do not recognize who Melchisedec is and represents Jesus Christ

In Heb 7: 1-3 Melchisedec priest of the most high God , verse 3 without , mother , without descent , having neither beginning of days , nor end of LIFE , but made like unto the Son of God abideth a priest continually .

The answer is that Melchisedec represent Jesus Christ in and Heb 5:6 says , as he saith also in another place , that , Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchisedec

and since all males of Israel will be kings and priests in the Millennial kingdom , as written in Ex 19:6 and also in Rev 1:6

dan p