Honoring Old Love vs Medical Tyranny

elohiym

I see--so she deteriorated quickly (yet could somehow still could consent in your opinion), and now you seem unclear as to whether they had sex or not (seems clear they did).

It's irrelevant. The facility and doctor were not experts in Alzheimer's and did not do adequate testing. They made decisions that were not evidence-based or medically indicated according to the Alzheimer's experts in the article. But don't let the facts deter you from acting like a moron.

1PeaceMaker

What kind of guy dummies up, conveniently forgets what he did, and then throws out his wife's underwear?

An old guy. Who was probably just putting her to bed because there was no evidence they had sex that day on it. It's easy to confuse an old, grieving man.

elohiym

I wonder why sex is listed BEFORE dementia ... :think: Entertainment first, caring for the *supposed* loved one last.

Priorities, priorities.

You'll have to ask the Alzheimer's experts that wrote the article.

1PeaceMaker

I wonder why sex is listed BEFORE dementia ... :think: Entertainment first, caring for the *supposed* loved one last.

Priorities, priorities.

So that's why you have to quote Granite. You better just keep quoting him. That was so dumb.

Granite

Hall of Fame
An old guy. Who was probably just putting her to bed because there was no evidence they had sex that day on it. It's easy to confuse an old, grieving man.

If he's this easily confused one would think it's a safe bet to question his judgment.

elohiym

Wrong, and wrong, and wrong again.

What kind of guy dummies up, conveniently forgets what he did, and then throws out his wife's underwear?

Calm down and drop your high and mighty hysteric routine.

They gave her a rape test. It was negative. There is no evidence that sexual intercourse occurred. The claims of an old person imagining what they heard behind a curtain, what they were most likely told to "watch out for" isn't evidence in this case because no sex occurred according to scientific testing.

Do you want to continue to embarrass yourself? Read the article again because you obviously missed a lot.

1PeaceMaker

I see--so she deteriorated quickly (yet could somehow still could consent in your opinion), and now you seem unclear as to whether they had sex or not (seems clear they did).

I said rapidly and unevenly. But don't let the facts get in your way.

And I'm not unclear that they had a sexual relationship. I am now more clear, thanks to your article, that they probably didn't even have sex when they were alleged to.

Granite

Hall of Fame
They gave her a rape test. It was negative. There is no evidence that sexual intercourse occurred. The claims of an old person imagining what they heard behind a curtain, what they were most likely told to "watch out for" isn't evidence in this case because no sex occurred according to scientific testing.

Do you want to continue to embarrass yourself? Read the article again because you obviously missed a lot.

...except the husband said he had sex with her.

Oh, but wait--is he confused now? Or lying about this, for some reason?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

It's much easier to confuse someone on the internet as compared to the patient who was ACTUALLY there. In hearing distance. So is your hearing better than hers or just conveniently agenda-driven?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Also, where is the consideration for the OTHER patient this woman was sharing her room with?

In this case, the sex was NOT private. Picky patient.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
1. There is absolutely nothing with a man and his wife having sexual relations.

However:

2. The ability of an alzheimer's patient to consent to sexual intercourse is...probably nil. Depending on how late stage the disease is, the ability of the patient even to express his or her approval or disapproval of such things in words is...probably nil (many of them lose the ability to talk).

3. The fact that he may have done it in a room with another patient present is sketchy at best.

All of that said: Alzheimer's disease is an extremely difficult disease. As difficult as it is for the patient, it takes a massive emotional, physical, etc. toll on the family, and especially on the spouse, and if you haven't lived through it (especially as the spouse of an Alzheimer's patient...I haven't, but my grandmother did), then I don't think that you really know what you're talking about, and you should probably keep your opinions and personal indignation to yourself. You just don't understand.

In my view, the guy in question probably shouldn't be behind bars. Did he make a bad judgment call? Probably. Did he do something which, in his precise circumstances, he should be legally punished for? Probably not.

1PeaceMaker

Not surprisingly, you make no sense.

You've been hiding behind Granite rather than responding directly to me a lot lately. Want me to post the locations where you did that, like on this thread and at least one other? You are just filling thread space mostly with attaboys and then you just put up the dumbest original thought in your head - that an article was titled "sex and dementia" because the Alzheimers experts who wrote that article MUST have been sexist, sex obsessed individuals.

Are things making more sense? Arguably it wasn't all your fault you didn't understand me the first time. But now you should know.

PS, I don't care if you post on my threads; I actually appreciate it. You never cease to amaze me and you certainly add to the entertainment factor.

Granite

Hall of Fame
1. There is absolutely nothing with a man and his wife having sexual relations.

However:

2. The ability of an alzheimer's patient to consent to sexual intercourse is...probably nil. Depending on how late stage the disease is, the ability of the patient even to express his or her approval or disapproval of such things in words is...probably nil (many of them lose the ability to talk).

3. The fact that he may have done it in a room with another patient present is sketchy at best.

All of that said: Alzheimer's disease is an extremely difficult disease. As difficult as it is for the patient, it takes a massive emotional, physical, etc. toll on the family, and especially on the spouse, and if you haven't lived through it (especially as the spouse of an Alzheimer's patient...I haven't, but my grandmother did), then I don't think that you really know what you're talking about, and you should probably keep your opinions and personal indignation to yourself. You just don't understand.

In my view, the guy in question probably shouldn't be behind bars. Did he make a bad judgment call? Probably. Did he do something which, in his precise circumstances, he should be legally punished for? Probably not.

Stop the presses, I agree with Trad.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is absolutely EVERYTHING wrong with any couple having a sexual encounter when it is not in one's own home OR in a place where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

NURSING HOME. Ill individuals receiving medical care. This wasn't the "Love Shack" or a motel room.

While it is certainly possible that the husband has dementia as well that doesn't mean he gets a pass to use the hospital for his own personal whims.

1PeaceMaker

It's much easier to confuse someone on the internet as compared to the patient who was ACTUALLY there. In hearing distance. So is your hearing better than hers or just conveniently agenda-driven?

Her story fits a tangible agenda by the daughter and bigoted medical staff to keep them apart. She later changed her story, though, did you notice that?

Also, I do think my hearing is better than hers (duh) and my reading comprehension is sufficient to understand this whole situation is a witch hunt against an old couple who loved each other.

And did you notice that they actually moved her into a shared room to prevent them from being able to have romantic alone time? Read that article Granite posted.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
While it is certainly possible that the husband has dementia as well that doesn't mean he gets a pass to use the hospital for his own personal whims.

As I said. If you haven't lived it through it, if you haven't cared for an Alzheimer's patient, then you don't know what you're talking about.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Her story fits a tangible agenda by the daughter and bigoted medical staff to keep them apart. She later changed her story, though, did you notice that?

Also, I do think my hearing is better than hers (duh) and my reading comprehension is sufficient to understand this whole situation is a witch hunt against an old couple who loved each other.

And did you notice that they actually moved her into a shared room to prevent them from being able to have romantic alone time? Read that article Granite posted.

...funny how you keep ignoring the facts in that article that make your own assumptions inconvenient.:yawn:

1PeaceMaker

There is absolutely EVERYTHING wrong with any couple having a sexual encounter when it is not in one's own home OR in a place where there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

NURSING HOME. Ill individuals receiving medical care. This wasn't the "Love Shack" or a motel room.

She was literally kidnapped from his care when she could have just had care provided in-home with staff located at her place. Living in a nursing home should not prevent sex, anyway. It is not normal to block relations in their place of residence.

She had a private room but they wanted to deprive them of privacy, so they moved her where she was forced to share her marriage with a stranger living in the same room with her. That's like stealing her sex life and independence.

And you don't think her old single neighbor wasn't jealous of their love? Really???