and shall be exalted.
As many were astonished at you --
his
appearance was so marred, beyond human resemblance,
and his form beyond that of the children of mankind—
so shall he sprinkle many nations;
kings shall shut their mouths because of him;
for that which has not been told them they see,
and that which they have not heard they understand.

Isaiah 52:13-15 ESV

Last edited:

oatmeal

Yes, he was

He was bruised for our iniquities and wounded for our transgressions.

Last edited:

oatmeal

Behold, my servant shall act wisely;
he shall be high and lifted up,
and shall be exalted.
his

That truth alone proves that the shroud of Turin is not what some people claim it to be.

Zeke

So beaten flesh that can't inherit the kingdom was beneficial for what? Sounds like a requirement of the god of Mt Sinai the sons of Hagar bow to, in fear. Plus in Revelations it tells you the city of crucifixion was Spiritual before what?

WatchmanOnTheWall

Behold, my servant shall act wisely;
he shall be high and lifted up,
and shall be exalted.
his

Isaiah 52:14 (Interlinear)
as which they were desolated over you many ones so ruined from man appearance of him and shape of him from sons of human.

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/isa52.pdf

Take that as you will..

WeberHome

-
Matt 27:45 . . From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land.

What do you suppose went on during those three hours of thick darkness around the cross? Well; I'll tell you what went on because I'm not authorized to keep it a secret. The things that the Romans did to Christ were merely a warm up for the main event. When the darkness came; that's when God stepped into the ring; and the gloves came off.

When the darkness lifted, people saw a Jesus so beaten and bloodied beyond recognition that they could scarcely tell he was the same man.

Isa 52:14 . .There were many who were appalled at him— his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man, and his form marred beyond human likeness.

Isa 53:10 . . But The Lord was pleased to crush him, putting him to grief

I have to wonder how ever a father could do something like that to his own son; especially do that for a world that wouldn't even appreciate that the injuries God personally inflicted upon His own son were for their benefit.

If God would do that kind of damage to His own son, what do you suppose He has in store for skeptics in this day and age who mock Jesus and make remarks about him? Well . .that's not too hard to figure out is it? Fair's fair. At the very least, they will be beaten and bloodied beyond recognition, same as he was.

NOTE: Mary Magdalena was in the audience that day and saw everything (John 19:28). Well; it's no mystery to me that she didn't recognize Christ right away in the cemetery seeing as how the last time she saw him he was an ashen corpse, beaten and bloodied beyond recognition, crowned with thorns (John 19:2), and virtually stark naked (John 19:23). The last person on earth that Mary expected to encounter out at the cemetery was her master all cleaned up, fully clothed, and alive and well because that was definitively not the way she remembered him.

/