He cannot be resisted or rejected.

Truster

This message is hidden because glorydaz is on your ignore list.

I have no need for the cunning deceits of an atheist.

glorydaz

"So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of Elohim that sheweth mercy". Romans 9:16

"And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy." Exodus 33:19

"Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of Elohim". John 1:13

Repent and trust.

That's funny how Truster uses Moses here to show how God shows mercy to whomever He chooses, since Moses argued with God and got Him to change His mind three times.

Truster

glorydaz

Oh dear, Bluster got his knickers in a knot when I reported him. :sigh:

Now he's playing hard to get. :sigh:

That's okay, I don't have to worry about hurting his feelings this way. :banana:

Truster

I have no need for the cunning deceits of an atheist and perverter of truth. Those that have some truth are blind guides and moral atheists. They are more dangerous than immoral atheists, because they come as wolves in sheeps clothing with a pretence of piety.

glorydaz

PS

The sovereignty of divine grace, displayed in the revelation of Messiah to my soul was the first saving truth that ever Elohim made known to me: and, as I could not find one person in a thousand that had ever seen or felt the same power, it confirmed to me still more that what Elohim had done for and in me was a sovereign act.
I have since been further confirmed in this truth, because it was revealed to me who never sought it and never expected it and is withheld from thousands who are working hard to get it.

Such a one of a kind guy! :mario:

I know many believers who have undergone the "operation of God", and they all give the credit for their salvation to hearing the Gospel. That's the way scripture tells us it's done.

Some think it's because they obey (like God's UNtruth)...some think it's because God grabs them up by the scruff of the neck (like Bluster).

Some might claim they weren't seeking God...their pride wouldn't allow them to admit they needed anything. I knew a guy who got drunk and went out behind the bar and laid his head on a train track that ran there. He was depressed...had a fight with the wife....his life sucked. Then he heard a train coming from the distance, and he decided he had nothing to live for...he might as well just lay right there. As the train came nearer, he didn't move. A moment later, the train went past (turns out there were two tracks), and he heard a voice say, "Jim, you're on the wrong track." He jumped up and went home to his wife. The next day they went to church. God is able to draw man in so many different ways, but all of them know they need a Saviour.

Bet someone wishes he had that story to add to his repertoire.
Too bad I'm on ignore. :chuckle:

glorydaz

I have no need for the cunning deceits of an atheist and perverter of truth. Those that have some truth are blind guides and moral atheists. They are more dangerous than immoral atheists, because they come as wolves in sheeps clothing with a pretence of piety.

Yep, he's still mad I had to report him. :baby:

glorydaz

I knew and understood the power of Sovereign grace at the point of regeneration. I needed no man to point out the fact that I had done absolutely nothing. While at the same time I knew that something had happened. The revelation was one of a helpless man had been saved.

I stumbled across Calvinism two years later and suffered under their preaching of the law for a few months. It was snare, but grace prevailed and brought me out. I am in fact a survivor of Calvinism and not a follower.
I might add that I also suffered under Arminianism for a few months as well while at college.

With all that suffering under false teaching, it's no wonder he's not well grounded in the word, itself.

It is a bit fishy that he has all the Calvinist verses so close to hand. :think:

I haven't yet seen any evidence of Arminianism, though, so that's a bit suspicious, too.

glorydaz

Why did some believe and others didn't?

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God"
(Jn.3:17-21).​

It was because of their own sins that some resisted the gospel which comes in the Holy Spirit. Not that the LORD willed that they would not believe!

Yep, their deeds were evil. There are lots of folks who think they have to give up all the fun things in life, so they resist...heels dug into the ground, and often have to be brought to their knees before they turn to God. It's a sad thing to see how hard people fight against their long suffering Creator.

Truster

"And said, O Yah Veh Elohim of our fathers, art not thou Elohim in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?" 2 Chron 20:6

This is He who saved me. This is He who sustains me. This is He, Yah Veh Elohim, in whom I trust.

Truster

Behold, he taketh away, who can hinder him? who will say unto him, What doest thou? Job 9:12

This is He who saved me. This is He who sustains me. This is He, Yah Veh Elohim, in whom I trust.

Truster

"But He is unchangeable; who can oppose Him? He does what He desires." Job 23:13

This is He who saved me. This is He who sustains me. This is He, Yah Veh Elohim, in whom I trust. Unto Him who hath love us* and washed us from sin. Unto Him be the glory forever, amen.

us* The redeemed , regenerate and repentant sinners.

Truster

"That they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, till thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will". Daniel 4:25

Truster

"But He is unchangeable; who can oppose Him? He does what He desires". Job 23:13

This is He who saved me. This is He who sustains me. This is He, Yah Veh Elohim, in whom I trust. Unto Him who hath love us* and washed us from sin. Unto Him be the glory forever, amen.

us* The redeemed , regenerate and repentant sinners.

Truster

Let us follow the scripture to its inevitable conclusion and put the boot on the foot of the Eternal Almighty you bunch of unregenerate wimps that worship an idol of your own imagination:

"But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, Elohim resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." James 4:6

All men are born in sin and therefore born proud.

Truster

Peter agrees with James:

"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for Elohim resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble." 1Peter 5:5

Yet again you people take that prerogative, which belongs solely to the Almighty, and lay it at the throne of human free will. I do look forward to witnessing the day that you come face to face with Him.

chair

Some Christians think that their beliefs are obvious and natural, that the Spirit is out there telling everybody to believe. And thus- anybody who doesn't believe the same as they do is "resisting" or "rejecting".

This is a delusion. Your beliefs are not obvious or natural, though they may seem so to you. Non-Christians are rejecting or resisting anything at all. There simply is no reason for an outsider to accept your teachings. And the "Spirit", to the outsider, is completely in your heads.

Truster

"Reprobate silver shall men call them, because Yah Veh hath rejected them". Jeremiah 6:30kjv

If any man is found to resist or reject it is because the man is reprobate and has been rejected.

In a nutshell a man wears the pretence of either, but it is only a show, an act, given to the high and mighty man of pride. How swift shall be his fall.

To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste. Deut 32:35

Pride of man is indeed a slippery place:

"Surely thou didst set them in slippery places: thou castedst them down into destruction". Psalm 73:18