He cannot be resisted or rejected.

Truster

About 14 years ago I was discussing salvation with a woman and she made one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. She told me that she had been saved late in life and that it had taken so long, because she had “resisted”.
What she was insinuating was the Eternal Almighty was powerless to save her, because she had resisted both His will and power.

It was immediately obvious to me that she had never experienced the power in the evangelism directed at and in her. The power that raises the dead, opens the eyes of the blind and allows to deaf to hear. It is a power that cannot be resisted or rejected nor does it cease in power.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People that want to go to hell are welcome to do, against the will of God. Who wills all be saved and come to the knowledge of truth.

Epoisses

About 14 years ago I was discussing salvation with a woman and she made one of the most ridiculous statements I have ever heard. She told me that she had been saved late in life and that it had taken so long, because she had “resisted”.
What she was insinuating was the Eternal Almighty was powerless to save her, because she had resisted both His will and power.

It was immediately obvious to me that she had never experienced the power in the evangelism directed at and in her. The power that raises the dead, opens the eyes of the blind and allows to deaf to hear. It is a power that cannot be resisted or rejected nor does it cease in power.

Yes the Holy Spirit can be resisted you ignoramus and delusional!!!

Quench not the Spirit. 1Thess. 5:19

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. Acts 17:51

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Heb. 12:4

Those who are weak or new to the faith go thru terrible struggles often because they believe false ideas about Christ and the gospel. This is why a correct understanding of the gospel is so important.

Jerry Shugart

Here we read about some Jews who resisted the Holy Spirit:

"Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Spirit: as your fathers did, so do ye" (Acts 7:51).​

The gospel comes in power and in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5) and if someone does not believe the gospel they are resisting the Holy Spirit. So it is entirely possible that the woman was right.

Robert Pate

Banned
"Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds (Calvinist) reprobate concerning the faith" 2 Timothy 3:8.

Truster

People that want to go to hell are welcome to do, against the will of God. Who wills all be saved and come to the knowledge of truth.

"So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of Elohim that sheweth mercy". Romans 9:16

"And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy." Exodus 33:19

"Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of Elohim". John 1:13

Repent and trust.

Truster

Here we read about some Jews who resisted the Holy Spirit:

"Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Spirit: as your fathers did, so do ye" (Acts 7:51).​

The gospel comes in power and in the Holy Spirit (1 Thess.1:5) and if someone does not believe the gospel they are resisting the Holy Spirit. So it is entirely possible that the woman was right.

"The fact that they resisted the Holy Spirit is obvious, but why did they "resist"? The OP stands.

"And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate," Isaiah 6:9,10,11

This commision still stands and was referred to by Messiah and Paul.

Jerry Shugart

"The fact that they resisted the Holy Spirit is obvious, but why did they "resist"? The OP stands.

"And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate," Isaiah 6:9,10,11

Why did some believe and others didn't?

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God"
(Jn.3:17-21).​

It was because of their own sins that some resisted the gospel which comes in the Holy Spirit. Not that the LORD willed that they would not believe!

Truster

"Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds (Calvinist) reprobate concerning the faith" 2 Timothy 3:8.

Again the question has to be why did they resist Moses. The answer is simple.

"For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth".

The "resistance" itself was and is in accord with the will of the Eternal and through the power of the Holy Spirit. These men loved not the truth and so they were subject to a powerful delusion. Sent by the Almighty.

Truster

They didn't believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

This term "believe" causes so much confusion.

Only those that have been subjected to the power in the evangelism can trust. Once converted they trust and not before, while in sin and under the dominion of Satan.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

You really are a calvinist !!!

Jerry Shugart

"For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God"

It was because of their own sins that some resisted the gospel which comes in the Holy Spirit. Not that the LORD willed that they would not believe!

Jerry Shugart

This term "believe" causes so much confusion.

You are obviously confused. Do you not know that life comes as a result of believing?:

"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:30-31).​

Truster

You are obviously confused. Do you not know that life comes as a result of believing?:

"And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name" (Jn.20:30-31).​

Believe and faith and both inherent in man and are simply a psyching up of the mental attributes. Trust is the spiritual endowment and a gift received at regeneration. Trust is the abandonment of self into the care of another.

Truster

You can only see and take comfort from the doctrines of the kingdom when you are regenerate. Denial of the Sovereignty of the Almighty is proof, that despite, your theology, you are judicially blinded and have not found the strait gate.

Truster

You really are a calvinist !!!

I knew and understood the power of Sovereign grace at the point of regeneration. I needed no man to point out the fact that I had done absolutely nothing. While at the same time I knew that something had happened. The revelation was one of a helpless man had been saved.

I stumbled across Calvinism two years later and suffered under their preaching of the law for a few months. It was snare, but grace prevailed and brought me out. I am in fact a survivor of Calvinism and not a follower.
I might add that I also suffered under Arminianism for a few months as well while at college.

Truster

PS

The sovereignty of divine grace, displayed in the revelation of Messiah to my soul was the first saving truth that ever Elohim made known to me: and, as I could not find one person in a thousand that had ever seen or felt the same power, it confirmed to me still more that what Elohim had done for and in me was a sovereign act.
I have since been further confirmed in this truth, because it was revealed to me who never sought it and never expected it and is withheld from thousands who are working hard to get it.

glorydaz

This commision still stands and was referred to by Messiah and Paul.

Yet the remnant heard, and the Gentiles heard. :readthis:

This blindness in part happened to Israel. Rom. 11:25