Guns!

Eric h

Every holiday I have enjoyed, was knowing that nobody is armed. I can go to church and walk around town, knowing that it is a criminal offence to carry any weapon, including a knife. In my 74 years of living in the UK, I have never once carried or needed a weapon.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Every holiday I have enjoyed, was knowing that nobody is armed. I can go to church and walk around town, knowing that it is a criminal offence to carry any weapon, including a knife. In my 74 years of living in the UK, I have never once carried or needed a weapon.

Eric h

Of course there is violence in the UK, and I confront it often, but withour any weapons, or self defence.

I prefer risk with freedom.

I have freedom, but I honestly don’t want the freedom to carry a weapon, because I know this will give everyone else the freedom to do the same. I don’t want that to happen. I probably take more risks than most people do. How often do you walk in the middle of angry drunken fights, knowing that you are the weakest person there? I do on many occasions with no weapons, and no self defence.

Eric h

if it saves just one life to eliminate gun free zones,

People with guns kill thousands every year. Ignore the thousands who die, rather recognise the sake of the 'One' who could be saved with a gun.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
People with guns kill thousands every year.

Overwhelmingly young black and male.
And as you know, even more overwhelmingly, they are suicides.

And out of the 48 thousand gun deaths in 2022, I didn't look at the breakdown, but if history's any guide, c. 32 thousand of them were suicides, and then eight thousand were young Black men who were killed by another young Black man, in a city. This is according to historical FBI homicide data, so I'm assuming the homicide data roughly correlates to gun deaths.

Ignore the thousands who die, rather recognise the sake of the 'One' who could be saved with a gun.
You just don't think things through enough. Rights: exist. You'd autocratically deny them their due, just because you stubbornly and ignorantly refuse to listen to anybody else but yourself.

You must be lonely. Does anybody care what you think outside of online social media?

Right Divider

Body part
A gun is the weapon most commonly used in domestic homicides.
A gun is the weapon most commonly used in self defense.
In fact, more than six times as many women are murdered by guns used by their current or former intimate partners than are killed by male strangers’ guns, knives or other weapons combined.
So you believe that people do not have the right to self defense because some people use guns wrongly?

Is there any chance that domestic murderers would use some other method if a gun was not available?

Eric h

So you believe that people do not have the right to self defense because some people use guns wrongly?
It's probably fair to say, most people buy a gun with the thought of self defence. You probably can't go into a gun store and say, I want a gun to kill people.

We will never agree, but I am so pleased I live in the UK.