Guns!

Gary K

Banned
We have a reprint of a 1908 copy of a Montgomery Ward's catalog and the guns section is neat but you could buy dynamite through the mail.
Yeah. That I knew. It's interesting that both the restrictions on dynamite and automatic weapons came about by media campaigns. The media have been against liberty for a long time, and they've never been careful about being honest in their campaigns.

Gary K

Banned
This guy is hilarious!

I don't find him funny. I find him evil. He will lie at the drop of a hat. This is what I was referring to the other day when I said that the devil has a lot of control already. The dishonesty is so rampant, which God said is an abomination to Him, it takes effort to find truth. Our government and media are nothing but sources of lies anymore.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Here's an interesting article on artillery owned by private organizations.

Remember when Sarah Palin got absolutely savaged by the retards on the left whose understanding of Paul Revere's ride had stopped at what they'd been fed as third graders?

ok doser

I don't find him funny. I find him evil. He will lie at the drop of a hat. This is what I was referring to the other day when I said that the devil has a lot of control already. The dishonesty is so rampant, which God said is an abomination to Him, it takes effort to find truth. Our government and media are nothing but sources of lies anymore.
I meant the aussie guy

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I have never heard or read of any restrictions. I'll have to research it again, but I believe I remember some wealthy individuals owned cannons very early in the US. Not sure though but it sticks in my head that it is true.
Battleships---battleships full of cannon.
As far as I can remember there were no regulations against automatic weapons until the days of Dillenger, Bonnie and Clyde, and the like.
1934. National Firearms Act, or NFA. Federal. To this point you could legally purchase what would pass for a machine gun, (a Thompson) today (but is in fact a submachine gun because it fires pistol rounds instead of rifle rounds*). Without any special background check or permit.

* But even automatic AR patterns like the military's M4 or M16 selective-fires, is still not a machine gun, a machine gun is basically a squad automatic weapon or SAW, it's an automatic rifle made especially heavy duty, to withstand the wear, tear and heat of continuous firing. SAWs are typically belt fed, although some are fed with magazines with a larger capacity than the normal 20, 30, 45 for a sidearm like the smallarms mentioned above and the AK patterns out there.

This is distinguished from another category of machine gun, that is mounted because it's too big for a man to wield. An M2 would be an example, fed with .50 caliber rifle rounds. These are like five times larger than a .30 caliber round like the NATO 7.62 (civilian .308 roughly the same size), based on volume. You can shoot a semiauto .50 BMG rifle offhand, but I doubt anyone could handle it in bursts or in full auto. You'd have to be like the size of a bear.

ok doser

If the left can have sanctuary cities to protect illegal immigrants from federal laws concerning illegal immigration then the right can have sanctuary States to protect the citizens from federal laws concerning infringements upon the 2nd amendment.

ok doser

Because a forward vertical grip, is the most lethal thing on a gun. It's a threat multiplier.

And I'm kidding of course.
It's funny - people are buying up these loophole weapons and components faster than you can imagine. And they all seem to be losing them in boating accidents at the same rate.

Hilltrot

It's funny - people are buying up these loophole weapons and components faster than you can imagine. And they all seem to be losing them in boating accidents at the same rate.
Every gun is being bought up and ammunition is scarce and expensive if you do find it.

I can't find the 22 rifle I'd like to get because 5.56 ammunition is nearly a dollar per round.

Idolater

Yes but, this is only a Bandaid. The folks who cleverly do this aren't always thinking about what happens once they die? Then their kin have the weapons, and they're off-book, and so the ones doing this to avoid being irresponsible, need to pass on their methods of keeping these things, and keeping them off-book, to their surviving kin, and that has to continue endlessly for as long as they as a family possess the weapons, or until we rightly defeat the gun control laws that are incompatible with and repugnant to the Second Amendment.

Idolater

The article ends with, "...45 mass shootings in the space of a month means that we have a problem in this country. A problem that our government needs to find ways to address."

OK fine, agreed, as far it goes. But we can never morally infringe human rights to fix any societal problem. That is never morally acceptable. We are compounding the problem, to invade human rights.

Besides, it's Unconstitutional anyway, but that's apart from it being immoral /wicked /wrong /evil, which is much more important.

Hilltrot

The article ends with, "...45 mass shootings in the space of a month means that we have a problem in this country. A problem that our government needs to find ways to address."

OK fine, agreed, as far it goes. But we can never morally infringe human rights to fix any societal problem. That is never morally acceptable. We are compounding the problem, to invade human rights.

Besides, it's Unconstitutional anyway, but that's apart from it being immoral /wicked /wrong /evil, which is much more important.

I believe all of these have one thing in common pistols.