GUNS!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have two uppers and one lower. I originaly bought it with A2 sights because they are simple and I know how to use it. Then I bought an upper with the flat top, and put an EOTech on it. I want a lower for the A2 upper.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I have two uppers and one lower. I originaly bought it with A2 sights because they are simple and I know how to use it. Then I bought an upper with the flat top, and put an EOTech on it. I want a lower for the A2 upper.

Ah....How do you like the EOTech? :think:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And to answer the question directly, I am new to it. I think it works exactly as they designed. The EOTech. You shoot with both eyes open, greatly reducing long term strain. It is ideal for those that kick in doors, or shooters on a PSD.

Last edited:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
And to answer the question directly, I am new to it. I think it works exactly as they designed. You shoot with both eyes open, greatly reducing long term strain. It is ideal for those that kick in doors, or shooters on a PSD.

:think: It's kind of funny...I always shoot with both eyes open because although I'm right handed I'm left eye dominant. This being the case it's very easy for me to use iron sights with both eyes open, in fact I would say it's more natural than trying to shoot closing one.
I guess it's one of those things that you would assume to be a handicap but winds up being an advantage.

Either way Attero Arms came up with a reflex sight mount for Kalashnikovs which I would actually see myself using. There have been numerous attempts made to develop optic mounts for these weapons and I have never liked a single one yet....except this. *meh* Maybe I'll get it one day....for now I'll stick with my ghost ring set-up. ;)

http://www.atteroarms.com/products.html

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That looks like the same design as the L3 product. There are other red dot sights. I was looking at one already mounted (not mine). The ACOG. Besides being a grand, it is an actual scope that you get close to. I like the EOTech design better.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
That looks like the same design as the L3 product. There are other red dot sights. I was looking at one already mounted (not mine). The ACOG. Besides being a grand, it is an actual scope that you get close to. I like the EOTech design better.

I like the holographic design better myself. I think for an AK platform it would definitely be better considering the distance between the eye and the optic mount which would be necessary. :plain:

bybee

I like the holographic design better myself. I think for an AK platform it would definitely be better considering the distance between the eye and the optic mount which would be necessary. :plain:

Okay, as a rank beginner in the firearm arena. I received my "Permit to purchase a firearm" from the County Sheriff's office.
Now I wish to purchase a small pistol for self defense. I shall take a gun safety course before I ever put a bullet into the chamber!
My son says you need something big enough to be a deterrent. But, I don't want to kill my neighbors in the next condo as well as an intruder!
So, my question is "What do you suggest is a good pistol for an elderly lady who is really scared of guns?".
:confused::help::AoO:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Okay, as a rank beginner in the firearm arena. I received my "Permit to purchase a firearm" from the County Sheriff's office.
Now I wish to purchase a small pistol for self defense. I shall take a gun safety course before I ever put a bullet into the chamber!
My son says you need something big enough to be a deterrent. But, I don't want to kill my neighbors in the next condo as well as an intruder!
So, my question is "What do you suggest is a good pistol for an elderly lady who is really scared of guns?".
:confused::help::AoO:

My personal favorite for beginners (as well as what I'm carrying at the moment):

image010.jpg

Smith & Wesson J-Frame

I carry mine; so it has a short (2") barrel and a shrouded hammer so it doesn't get hung up on clothing. It also has an aluminum alloy frame so it is lighter:

sw638.jpg

Basically, I would say any good quality .38 Special revolver is a good starter. Revolvers are very simple weapons to master and the .38 Special is a very adequate defense round.

You may also look into possibly a .357 Magnum Revolver. This would be similar to the .38 Special revolver but is built on a heavier/larger frame. You can shoot .38 Specials out of a revolver chambered for .357 Magnum and there would be less recoil. The weapon itself would be heavier though so this is a matter of personal preference. If you did choose this route though you could always move up to full power .357 Mag. loads if you became more proficient and comfortable with the weapon.

In the end it is going to be what you are comfortable with. I would suggest going to a local shooting range and trying out some rental guns with someone who is familiar with handguns and would be able to move you toward a weapon you would be comfortable with.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I received my "Permit to purchase a firearm" from the County Sheriff's office.

You should move to America.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

bybee

You should move to America.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Well, I may be in the Twilight Zone but I'm definitely an American citizen living in Minnesota.
I went to the gun shop and bought a "Smith and Wesson" 5 shot revolver.
I'm going to sign up for Gun Safety classes before I use it.
It is a real production for law-abiding citizens to purchase a gun.

bybee

My personal favorite for beginners (as well as what I'm carrying at the moment):

image010.jpg

Smith & Wesson J-Frame

I carry mine; so it has a short (2") barrel and a shrouded hammer so it doesn't get hung up on clothing. It also has an aluminum alloy frame so it is lighter:

sw638.jpg

Basically, I would say any good quality .38 Special revolver is a good starter. Revolvers are very simple weapons to master and the .38 Special is a very adequate defense round.

You may also look into possibly a .357 Magnum Revolver. This would be similar to the .38 Special revolver but is built on a heavier/larger frame. You can shoot .38 Specials out of a revolver chambered for .357 Magnum and there would be less recoil. The weapon itself would be heavier though so this is a matter of personal preference. If you did choose this route though you could always move up to full power .357 Mag. loads if you became more proficient and comfortable with the weapon.

In the end it is going to be what you are comfortable with. I would suggest going to a local shooting range and trying out some rental guns with someone who is familiar with handguns and would be able to move you toward a weapon you would be comfortable with.

Thanks, I appreciate the in put.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Well, I may be in the Twilight Zone but I'm definitely an American citizen living in Minnesota.
I went to the gun shop and bought a "Smith and Wesson" 5 shot revolver.I'm going to sign up for Gun Safety classes before I use it.
It is a real production for law-abiding citizens to purchase a gun.

Thanks, I appreciate the in put.

:e4e: No problem.....

You really move fast. :plain: