GoFundMe Shuts Down Camapign for Christian Bakers Asked to Pay $135,000 Fine.....

quip

BANNED
Banned
So you don't really have a problem with oppression ...as long as it's against those you disagree with.

Got it.

I don't believe you have.

It's an illustration of karma...my opinions have little to nothing to do with it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't believe you have.

It's an illustration of karma...my opinions have little to nothing to do with it.

IF we left it up to karma, penalties (such as fines) would not apply.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Then gather a group and publicly denounce these above. Otherwise, stop complaining ....the people have spoken, as its supposed to be in America.

You missed the point, they are claiming they shut it down because they were convicted of a crime. Yet there are loads of people raising money for money for fines and representation to appeal their convictions of crimes.

They didnt say they stopped it because gays complained (which clearly is the real reason)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
That'd be fine, but that's not what they said their reason is. They said their reason is that they broke an Oregon law but they keep up other funds for people who broke laws. Seems to be inconsistent unless I'm missing a piece in this.

Exactly.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
This gets even more mindblowing, it was a competitor to that business who raised the complaint to gofundme:

According to Jay Richards, "A competitor of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, Lisa Watson of Cupcake Jones, contacted GoFundMe to alert the crowd-funding company that the Klein's had violated the terms of service," as a result of which they disabled the campaign.

This is what Watson wrote to GoFundMe: "This business has been found GUILTY OF DISCRIMINATION and is being allowed to fundraise to pay their penalty. The GoFundMe terms of service address hate speech, bigotry, criminal activity and sexism among other things in their campaign … The amount of money they have raised in a matter of a few hours by thousands of anonymous cowards is disgusting."
http://www.christianpost.com/news/s...re-being-attacked-at-an-alarming-rate-138198/

shagster01

You missed the point, they are claiming they shut it down because they were convicted of a crime. Yet there are loads of people raising money for money for fines and representation to appeal their convictions of crimes.

They didnt say they stopped it because gays complained (which clearly is the real reason)

Can you provide another example of someone using it to pay their fine for breaking the law?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Can you provide another example of someone using it to pay their fine for breaking the law?

Stop being retarded. Thats not what they said they pulled it for, they said they pulled it because they had been convicted of criminal activity and were raising funds in connection to that.

So are many other criminals, but that seems to be ok.

They showed they are hypocrites.

This is the last time i intend to humor your trolling. :wave2:

Stop being retarded. Thats not what they said they pulled it for, they said they pulled it because they had been convicted of criminal activity and were raising funds in connection to that.

You need to use one syllable words for shagster01.

shagster01

Appealing is trying to prove that you didn't commit a crime. That is what others are doing.

I guarantee that if the child molester was raising money to pay retribution it would also get pulled immediately too.

You putting your fingers in your ears and pretending your made up discrimination is somehow real does not make my presenting of facts trolling.

Nothing to see here folks. Just more victim cards being played.

shagster01

Also, I will say that I support the bakery's right to deny service.

I also support gofundme's right to deny service.

But somehow people around here think two wrongs will make a right.

I drank what?

Better be ok with gay, or else.

no kidding

chick_fil_a_mrgriffy09_instagram.jpg

pretty soon they will just send guido around to break your kneecaps

welcome to progress :)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Appealing is trying to prove that you didn't commit a crime. That is what others are doing.

I guarantee that if the child molester was raising money to pay retribution it would also get pulled immediately too.

You putting your fingers in your ears and pretending your made up discrimination is somehow real does not make my presenting of facts trolling.

Nothing to see here folks. Just more victim cards being played.

After Bakers’ Fundraising Campaign Shut Down, Florist Who Rejected Same-Sex Wedding Faces Same Fate

Less than 48 hours after the crowdfunding website GoFundMe shut down a campaign setup for Sweet Cakes by Melissa, GoFundMe yanked a similar fundraiser for a 70-year-old Washington florist facing seven-figure financial penalties for violating her state’s anti-discrimination law.

The campaign, created for Barronelle Stutzman, a Christian florist who refused to make flower arrangements for a gay couple’s wedding, had been operating on GoFundMe for over two months.

And she hasn't been convicted yet or cited a fine yet and hers is to offset legal costs. (you know that you claim is "different" than paying fines...)

Seems like something to see here to me.

Lon

Also, I will say that I support the bakery's right to deny service.

I also support gofundme's right to deny service.

But somehow people around here think two wrongs will make a right.
That is where affirmative action has gotten us. We think we have a right to 'every cake.' As long as there is an equitable cake (which was the black/white fountains and restrooms etc.) these should be served on a case by case basis. If someone can show that it isn't 'fair' (by fair, that they are denied equitable resources), then okay. Otherwise :nono: "Take your case somewhere else please." The problem really is religious. I don't have a problem with someone 'lawfully' exercising their religious convictions. I think I agree with you on that. We need to dial down Affirmative Action and get back to a place where we evaluate a person's claim on an individual basis as to equitability. We don't have a right to 'every' cake imho. I sure don't have a right to 'kosher' beef. If someone has a legitimate religious reason for denying me service, I'd be taking away 'their' right, if I demanded that.

My right should not overtly demand over another's. There needs to be equitability with all our rights, as much as possible. That, I think, is what our Constitution guarantees.

shagster01

That is where affirmative action has gotten us. We think we have a right to 'every cake.' As long as there is an equitable cake (which was the black/white fountains and restrooms etc.) these should be served on a case by case basis. If someone can show that it isn't 'fair' (by fair, that they are denied equitable resources), then okay. Otherwise :nono: "Take your case somewhere else please." The problem really is religious. I don't have a problem with someone 'lawfully' exercising their religious convictions. I think I agree with you on that. We need to dial down Affirmative Action and get back to a place where we evaluate a person's claim on an individual basis as to equitability. We don't have a right to 'every' cake imho. I sure don't have a right to 'kosher' beef. If someone has a legitimate religious reason for denying me service, I'd be taking away 'their' right, if I demanded that.

My right should not overtly demand over another's. There needs to be equitability with all our rights, as much as possible. That, I think, is what our Constitution guarantees.

I agree. The one place I'd say that no discrimination or denial of service should be, however, is anything funded with tax payer dollars.

Lon

I agree. The one place I'd say that no discrimination or denial of service should be, however, is anything funded with tax payer dollars.
Yes, but also, if there is an equity, not necessarily 'that' particular one. I'm not sure what that'd apply to, however.

I didn't mean to single out just religion either. There might be other reasons someone is convicted of something important. For the private business sector, they are actually 'losing' business to say 'no.' It seems weird that they then have to pay a fine for 'losing business.' Seems like their choice. What would be weird is, if someone said 'no' because I'm Republican or Democrat. How would they be able to discriminate?

Business owners know they need to have customers to stay in business. If enough people boycott a business, they too have the right to help put it out of business. We need to let private squabbles stay more private in my mind.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Yes, but also, if there is an equity, not necessarily 'that' particular one. I'm not sure what that'd apply to, however.

I didn't mean to single out just religion either. There might be other reasons someone is convicted of something important. For the private business sector, they are actually 'losing' business to say 'no.' It seems weird that they then have to pay a fine for 'losing business.' Seems like their choice. What would be weird is, if someone said 'no' because I'm Republican or Democrat. How would they be able to discriminate?

Business owners know they need to have customers to stay in business. If enough people boycott a business, they too have the right to help put it out of business. We need to let private squabbles stay more private in my mind.

:thumb: