God's Obsession !

Truster

God's whole being and doing is focussed on His glory. The purpose of the plan of salvation is the glory of God. Let us understand and teach the New Testament plan of salvation demonstrating this overarching truth.

Like many people you use the term "us" universally and this alone means you don't really understand. You are in fact calling on the blind to lead the blind and calling those that have no understanding to understand. You might as well call on pigs to fly.

Epoisses

Truster sees every mention of 'works' in the bible as meaning human works and denies that God is more than able to work thru fallen human beings. Hey Truster, all the saints of the bible were righteous men and women in Christ who produced works of righteousness in fallen human flesh.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God's whole being and doing is focussed on His glory.

God is not narcissistic.

God is love and love is an outgoing concern for others.

"And the glory which You gave Me I have given them that they may be one just as We are one."
(John 17:22)

Now that is love. Yeah, it's glorious.

God's Truth

God's whole being and doing is focussed on His glory. The purpose of the plan of salvation is the glory of God. Let us understand and teach the New Testament plan of salvation demonstrating this overarching truth.

Everything God tells us and wants us to do is good and it is what is best for us.

BoyStan

God is not narcissistic.

God is love and love is an outgoing concern for others.

"And the glory which You gave Me I have given them that they may be one just as We are one."
(John 17:22)

Now that is love. Yeah, it's glorious.

God is more than love. God has several attributes such as being holy, righteous, just, true eternal, omnipotent, omniscient etc. Have you ever heard or thought about God's glorious attributes? You wan't get such teaching in sermons or Bible studies or Christian discussions. You will have to do it yourself. Lazy Christians focus only on love.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God is more than love.

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three, but the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13)

Jesus Christ suffered a horrible death, not for himself, but for us.

"When I passed by you again and looked upon you, indeed your time was the time of love, so I spread My wing over you and covered your nakedness. Yes, I swore an oath to you and entered into a covenant with you, and you became Mine,” says the Lord God." (Ezekiel 16:8)

There is nothing greater or richer than God's love.

God's Truth

God is more than love. God has several attributes such as being holy, righteous, just, true eternal, omnipotent, omniscient etc. Have you ever heard or thought about God's glorious attributes? You wan't get such teaching in sermons or Bible studies or Christian discussions. You will have to do it yourself. Lazy Christians focus only on love.

God is love. His love is holy, righteous, just, true eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, etc.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Lazy Christians focus only on love.

And phony Christians focus on everything except love.

"Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
(Matthew 22:37-40)

BoyStan

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three, but the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13)

Jesus Christ suffered a horrible death, not for himself, but for us.

"When I passed by you again and looked upon you, indeed your time was the time of love, so I spread My wing over you and covered your nakedness. Yes, I swore an oath to you and entered into a covenant with you, and you became Mine,” says the Lord God." (Ezekiel 16:8)

There is nothing greater or richer than God's love.

Jesus was obedient unto death in doing his Father's will.Phil ch 2;1-11
All our focus on man was secondary, but his Father's will was primary in his obedience unto death!

BoyStan

And phony Christians focus on everything except love.

"Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."
(Matthew 22:37-40)

You are quick to condemn someone as phoney! All you hear today from Christians, and the world has caught on to this, is love, love, love. There is far more to God than love, love, love! All God's attributes together!

Hawkins

I think that God's glory is two fold. As part of His attributes, God doesn't swallow insults for no reason. That's why He never left His real name to humans on earth. His name will be given to those who are saved in the end.

Revelation 3:12 (NIV2011)
The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Matthew 12:32 (NIV2011)
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

It by no means says that the name of Jesus is in anyway lesser important than the name of God the Holy Spirit. It only means that Jesus Himself chooses to swallow insults as part of His atonement of human sins.

Second, glorifying God is for humans not to be against the name of God, and not to sin against God. To put it another way, if you don't glorify God, it means that you bear a good chance to speak words against Him as the deadest sin. If you don't glorify God, your own pride will grow. Glorifying God and worshiping God is the way to keep both angels and humans around God. If you stop glorifying and worshiping God, you bear a good chance to sin to leave God in the end. On the other hand, everyone (such as Satan) who left God all started with not glorifying and worshiping God. It all started with not glorifying God that Lucifer's pride grew to the extent that he chose to sin to leave God. Rebellion starts with not loving God, not glorifying God and not worshiping God. Glorifying God is especially crucial when we are talking about living with God in an eternal realm.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus was obedient unto death in doing his Father's will.Phil ch 2;1-11
All our focus on man was secondary, but his Father's will was primary in his obedience unto death!

Jesus put his robe on one sleeve at a time like any other man.

Jesus was a man, not a superman.

We must all fulfill the Father's will, which is that all men be saved.

However, salvation is our choice, God can't choose for us.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You are quick to condemn someone as phoney! All you hear today from Christians, and the world has caught on to this, is love, love, love. There is far more to God than love, love, love! All God's attributes together!

Without love a person is dead spiritually.

Jesus loved others and set an example we must follow.