God

beloved57

ariel
This work of Jesus is applied to a person through faith (trust in Jesus alone to save us) Eph 2:8-10
What about before Faith ? Are those Christ died for reconciled to God by His death before they believe ?

Arial

ariel

What about before Faith ? Are those Christ died for reconciled to God by His death before they believe ?
No. Romans 10:14,17 14 How then sall they call on Him in whom they have not beleiived? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 17So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

beloved57

No. Romans 10:14,17 14 How then sall they call on Him in whom they have not beleiived? And how shall they hear without a preacher? 17So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
So I see you dont believe that Christs death alone reconciled them He died for to God. But thats what scripture declares Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Arial

So I see you dont believe that Christs death alone reconciled them He died for to God. But thats what scripture declares Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Christ's death did alone reconcile the believer to God. We were enemies of God until we came to faith (trust) in Christ alone to save us. We cannot believe this until we hear it---the gospel. It is believing the gospel, the person and work of Jesus that joins a person to Him. By grace you have been saved through faith and that is a gift of God. We cannot believe something we have never heard of.

beloved57

arial

Christ's death did alone reconcile the believer to God.

Yes indeed, but before they became a believer and while being enemies/unbeliever. Read Rom 5:10

One is not a believer while being an enemy.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Just wondering, why The almighty God must come down and be a man, hide from his creation, get arrested , spat on, kicked around and hanged on tree so he will be able to save these creations from himself??
Was no other alternative?
He is the maker of us. He can fix us when he is right there in heaven no need to come down and act like a man.
Think about it
I've thought about it and I have a question for you.

Do you believe in the trinity?

Arial

arial

Yes indeed, but before they became a believer and while being enemies/unbeliever. Read Rom 5:10

One is not a believer while being an enemy.
A more precise way to say that would be an enemy is not a believer.
For clarification on what is meant in Rom 5:10 see Eph 2:1-10 This is stating the condition of everyone prior to union with Christ through faith. In verse 4 and 5 we see that is God who makes us alive with Christ. And then in verse 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith---and this is not from ourselves, it is the gift of God ...When this happens when we hear the gospel, we believe it.

beloved57

A more precise way to say that would be an enemy is not a believer.
For clarification on what is meant in Rom 5:10 see Eph 2:1-10 This is stating the condition of everyone prior to union with Christ through faith. In verse 4 and 5 we see that is God who makes us alive with Christ. And then in verse 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith---and this is not from ourselves, it is the gift of God ...When this happens when we hear the gospel, we believe it.
You are attempting to explain away truth. Rom 5:10 clearly states that they were reconciled to God by Christs death while being enemies.

Arial

You are attempting to explain away truth. Rom 5:10 clearly states that they were reconciled to God by Christs death while being enemies.
I am attempting to clarify something that you are misunderstanding. You present yourself as Calvinist and everything I have said has come from the proper designation of that theology---Reformed theology. So I do not understand why you are having such a problem with what I point out, but I am not going to belabor the point, but for this one more thing. Everyone before they hear the gospel and believe it is an enemy of God through sin. Jesus did not come to save the perfectly righteous---there are none. He came to rescue those who need rescued. And that is what He did with His life, death, resurrection and ascension.

Arial

arial

You are attempting to explain away a vital truth
What is that vital truth that you say I am attempting to explain away? And don't simply quote the same scripture again. Put some bones and meat on it. I am not denying that Jesus saved those He saves while we were still enemies of God. I explained what that means. What do you think it means?

beloved57

There is nothing to keep up with. You keep referring to part of a single scripture. You don't even actually deal with what I have said and I guess you aren't going to so this has gone nowhere and ends here.
Then this conversation is over.

blackSand

Apparently there was no other way. It took a perfect blood sacrifice to free all from sin who had faith then and now.
>>>Didn’t He said too many times: repent and come back to me and I will forgive you and remember not your sin again???
BTW, did He ever said : his death is the only way to salvation??
Did He ever said: the death of any human is the way to salvation??
Did He ever said the death of any animal is the way to salvation??

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Just wondering, why The almighty God must come down and be a man, hide from his creation, get arrested , spat on, kicked around and hanged on tree so he will be able to save these creations from himself??
Was no other alternative?
He is the maker of us. He can fix us when he is right there in heaven no need to come down and act like a man.
Think about it
Because God isn't the fairy tale magician you seem to think He is.

The simplest answer to your question is this...

Justice

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
>>>your way or the highway. Thank you brother.
B57 thinks you're right! According to him and those who believe the irrational nonsense they believe, they agree with you that God could have done ANYTHING AT ALL but chose, for no reason at all other than that it pleased Him to do so, to have His Son murdered as payment for the sins of the elect. He, according to them, didn't have to do it that way. They believe that He could just as easily spoken a word and rewound time and started over or He could have simply decided to ignore sin entirely. For God, they say, anything goes! Anything He does is just, right and good. Not because those actions meet any actual definition of those terms but simply and only because God did it.

In short, they believe that God is arbitrary and thus grant your premise from the start. If you have this debate with a Calvinist, Catholic or most any other Christian who buys into Augustinian stupidity, you should win every time. Of course that would require you to actually engage in the debate, which, judging by this thread, doesn't really seem to happen much.

Clete

blackSand

Because God isn't the fairy tale magician you seem to think He is.

The simplest answer to your question is this...

Justice
>>>justice??
God already told us:
No one should be punish for the sin of other, this is justice.
Repent and I God will forgive your sins, this is justice.
He hates animal and human sacrifices, and never command such practices.
He never sent his son to die for you and me, but was sent to teach and guide and be respected as he said.
Sometimes we think, we’re more merciful than God .
If your baby who doesn’t know good and evil pushed a glass and got broke, do you punish him and never forget his evil act??
I don’t think so, but you think God will?
For you and others believe the only reason God sent Jesus to die for the sin which Adam did.
Why Jesus never once claim this reason or teach anyone about his real mission or even mention Adam once???