God is

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I'm exhausted. I've been up for 22 hours. So please don't misunderstand and think that I am speaking for God here. This post is mostly just my tired brain doing its best to keep me awake for a few more minutes before I go to bed, making me think... Now, with that out of the way.

I don't think I've ever shared a photo of this before. Has been in my family for as long as I can remember, and probably longer. It is an image that has many (though I'm pretty sure not all) of the names of God in it. It now lives in my house, and I plan on passing it down to my children.

PXL_20240310_025020892.jpg

I was looking at it a moment ago while laying on the couch, pondering about a game I play, then my focus shifted and my eyes fell on the center.

"I Am," is what it says.

God said, to Moses, "I Am."

"'I Am'... What?" my tired brain thought.

Good.

Goodness?

Not quite.

"I am good."

"As in, 'good' is not just a quality that I have, I AM GOOD."... is what my brain imagines God saying.

As in, "I am good! The very source of goodness! You know what 'Good' is because I am good. IT IS MY VERY ESSENCE, a fundamental aspect of my being," I imagine God saying.

HE IS GOOD.

And with that, I leave you with a bit of semantic satiation. Cheers! My brain is fried. Back for more tomorrow. Good night!

Bradley D

I think "I Am" includes all the descriptions of God's other names. Theologians seem to have a hard time interpreting "I Am."

Aimiel

He is Holy and He is Love. Everything you thought you knew, observed, felt or did that was love was Him, acting through you and showing you Himself. Everything which is love is God. There are those who follow their own lust or greed or other sins which think they know love. Selfishness is not love. Love is giving. Only what you give, in love, is what you have stored up in Heaven. The sacrifices you make to obey Him and give love when most would seek revenge or just simply hate someone who they perceive has done them wrong or just because they're different in culture, skin color, sexual orientation, politics or any other difference; the humble forgiveness and love you shed upon others is yours, forever. It's God, acting through you that does truly good deeds. Men cannot do these things. It's impossible... it's against our nature. But, with God, ALL things are possible. All good things. He has a name, also, upon His Thigh: And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords. He will be exalted in all the earth. Praise His Holy Name: Jesus.