God Is Love

eider

What if you have plenty and they can't afford to repay? Would you still expect it back?
It is nothing to do with what I would expect.
It is about Squeaky's OP.

Would you share what you had with someone in need? Isn't that what Jesus taught us to do?

Luke 6

Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

I simply seek a 'Yes' or a 'No' to my question, which was:-
Is this still one of God's commandments...?
Exodus {22:25} If thou lend money to [any of] my people [that is] poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury. {22:26} If thou at all take
thy neighbour’s raiment to pledge, thou shalt deliver it unto him by that the sun goeth down: {22:27} For that [is] his covering only, it [is] his raiment for his skin: wherein shall he sleep? and it shall come to pass, when he crieth unto me, that I will hear; for I [am] gracious.

eider

Jesus said this

Matthew 22

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.This is the first and great commandment.*And the second*is*like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.*On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

And Paul said that the laws will be written in our hearts and in our minds.

If we love God with our all, and our neighbour as ourselves then we will establish the laws. Because once we are born of God, he will come first in our lives, and we won't disobeying him, we will do his will. We will be being taught? and guided by the Spirit within our hearts to live right before God.

Ah..... so there are only two commandments in the New Covenant, and people will establish the laws based upon those two commandments.... is that right?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It is nothing to do with what I would expect.
It is about Squeaky's OP.

I simply seek a 'Yes' or a 'No' to my question, which was:-
Is this still one of God's commandments...?
Exodus {22:25} If thou lend money to [any of] my people [that is] poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury. {22:26} If thou at all take
thy neighbour’s raiment to pledge, thou shalt deliver it unto him by that the sun goeth down: {22:27} For that [is] his covering only, it [is] his raiment for his skin: wherein shall he sleep? and it shall come to pass, when he crieth unto me, that I will hear; for I [am] gracious.

I said
Do you understand that one must choose which covenant to live by. No one can live by both of them. Either go with the old testament or the new testament. Not both. Under the new testament Jesus made a new covenant, changed the law, and annulled the former commandment.

13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need [was there] that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness

eider

I said
Do you understand that one must choose which covenant to live by. No one can live by both of them. Either go with the old testament or the new testament. Not both. Under the new testament Jesus made a new covenant, changed the law, and annulled the former commandment.

13 In that He says, "A new [covenant]," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need [was there] that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron? 12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.

18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the former commandment because of its weakness and unprofitableness

That's clear.
The Old Testament laws, all 613 of them, are done away with,and only the New Testament is valid.
Have I got that right?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
That's clear.
The Old Testament laws, all 613 of them, are done away with,and only the New Testament is valid.
Have I got that right?

I said
Yes to a point. If one is born again. Of the Holy Spirit. Now you need to know that Jesus brought over to the new testament some of the old testament.

eider

I said
Yes to a point. If one is born again. Of the Holy Spirit. Now you need to know that Jesus brought over to the new testament some of the old testament.

Yes..... but he stated those laws which were carried over clearly.... true?
And Paul and others initiated New Covenant Laws as well, true? I'm thinking of everything that Paul said to do or not to do. True?

So the New Covenant has many many rules and laws, I'm thinking?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes..... but he stated those laws which were carried over clearly.... true?
And Paul and others initiated New Covenant Laws as well, true? I'm thinking of everything that Paul said to do or not to do. True?

So the New Covenant has many many rules and laws, I'm thinking?

I said
There is only one law in thinking.

1Co 4:6

Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

eider

I said
There is only one law in thinking.

1Co 4:6

Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.

Ah ha! If I had a £1 for every time that persons told me what a verse in the bible 'means' I could live in a much larger home..... not that I care for one.

And so many challenge and vie one with the other about who is holy, who is with Christ, and who will reach heaven! :)

It's amazing, how many tell others that they are liars and doomed...... as if they have that right.

This, 1 Cor:4-6, is the most valuable 3 verse guidance I have seen in a long time. True!

You mention that this is the only law......... do you mean that with all your heart? Will you ever quote another law to me (or others) ever?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Ah ha! If I had a £1 for every time that persons told me what a verse in the bible 'means' I could live in a much larger home..... not that I care for one.

And so many challenge and vie one with the other about who is holy, who is with Christ, and who will reach heaven! :)

It's amazing, how many tell others that they are liars and doomed...... as if they have that right.

This, 1 Cor:4-6, is the most valuable 3 verse guidance I have seen in a long time. True!

You mention that this is the only law......... do you mean that with all your heart? Will you ever quote another law to me (or others) ever?

I said
There are many laws. That is the one on thinking.

eider

I said
There are many laws. That is the one on thinking.

Alright...... and 'yes', many people tell others about what they think verses mean.

So now I just need to be absolutely sure about all those other laws and commandments. I have been told that there are over one thousand rules and laws for Christians to obey, all written down somewhere in the New Testament.

But, Squeaky, so many Christians seem to just pick the ones they like, and overlook the others. Do you follow and obey every word in the New Testament?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ah..... so there are only two commandments in the New Covenant, and people will establish the laws based upon those two commandments.... is that right?

Basically, yes.

Jesus detailed the two commands in His teachings or gospel.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Alright...... and 'yes', many people tell others about what they think verses mean.

So now I just need to be absolutely sure about all those other laws and commandments. I have been told that there are over one thousand rules and laws for Christians to obey, all written down somewhere in the New Testament.

But, Squeaky, so many Christians seem to just pick the ones they like, and overlook the others. Do you follow and obey every word in the New Testament?

I said
I strive to obey everyone of them in the new testament.