God Is Love

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
God Is Love

I Jn 2:3-5
3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
I Jn 4:16-17
16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.
I Jn 4:8-10
8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
Rom 8:38-39
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Mark 12:30
30 'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.
I Jn 2:4-5
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
I Jn 5:3
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
John 14:1-3
1 "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 "In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
John 10:1-5
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
2 "But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
3 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
4 "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
5 "Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."
John 10:6-9
spoke to them.
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
9 "I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.
John 10:17-18
17 "Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again.
18 "No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father."
John 10:27
27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
John 12:47-50
47 "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
John 14:15
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
John 3:16-18
16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(NKJ)

eider

God Is Love

I Jn 2:3-5
Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments...........
........... For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

Hi.....
God has given many commandments.
Do you have a full list of his commandments?

For instance, should we all keep this commandment, that a lender should not press a poor person for repayment of a loan?
Exodus {22:25} If thou lend money to [any of] my people [that is] poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury. {22:26} If thou at all take
thy neighbour’s raiment to pledge, thou shalt deliver it unto him by that the sun goeth down: {22:27} For that [is] his covering only, it [is] his raiment for his skin: wherein shall he sleep? and it shall come to pass, when he crieth unto me, that I will hear; for I [am] gracious.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hi.....

For instance, should we all keep this commandment, that a lender should not press a poor person for repayment of a loan?
Exodus {22:25} If thou lend money to [any of] my people [that is] poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury. {22:26} If thou at all take
thy neighbour’s raiment to pledge, thou shalt deliver it unto him by that the sun goeth down: {22:27} For that [is] his covering only, it [is] his raiment for his skin: wherein shall he sleep? and it shall come to pass, when he crieth unto me, that I will hear; for I [am] gracious.

I said
lol I can narrow it down a little for you. Just the new testament.

2Jo 1:9

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol did your hypocrisy kick in. You haven't got one reply that is related to any of the OP's.

Shalom.

Have I been invited to disagree with anything you have said in your OP? I have expressed my disagreement. Do you want to explain more of what you are trying to say or do you want to know what I disagree with. In some cases, everything you have said in your OP. But, we have not talked about it (here). If we are not planning to talk about it in person or by private message I think your thread is the appropriate place to discuss what you have said or to discuss your words. Many would agree (that a thread is the place to voice disagreement, unless everything in the OP should be something to agree with) though some might think that the Matthew 18 process should be followed. Remember, there was a man who was brought aside and taught the way of God more accurately. And, this may be something to consider... Jesus taught His disciples and He taught the crowds.

Shalom.

Jacob

Shalom.

Jacob

eider

I said
lol I can narrow it down a little for you. Just the new testament.

2Jo 1:9

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.

Ok...... just the New Testament...... so iof it's not in the NT, then it is repealed, or does not count any more?

But your quote mentions abiding in the Doctrine of Christ. Now that is surely one huge list of 'dos' and 'donts'? That doesn't look like a 'narrow' doctrine but one huge list of rules, laws and commands?

Truster

Many, if not most people, focus on "Elohim is love". This is because they haven't got a clue as to the operation of His love or who are truly the objects of His love.

"Elohim is Light" not many people understand the relevance of this, because they are to busy with their false view of the former verse. The Almighty has many attributes, but in the warped minds of most people all His attributes, dealings, actions are subject to love. The scriptures are many that prove His love is subject to His justice and that includes the tree at Calvary.

marhig

Hi.....

What if you have plenty and they can't afford to repay? Would you still expect it back?

Would you share what you had with someone in need? Isn't that what Jesus taught us to do?

Luke 6

Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

marhig

Ok...... just the New Testament...... so iof it's not in the NT, then it is repealed, or does not count any more?

But your quote mentions abiding in the Doctrine of Christ. Now that is surely one huge list of 'dos' and 'donts'? That doesn't look like a 'narrow' doctrine but one huge list of rules, laws and commands?
Jesus said this

Matthew 22

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.This is the first and great commandment.*And the second*is*like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.*On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

And Paul said that the laws will be written in our hearts and in our minds.

If we love God with our all, and our neighbour as ourselves then we will establish the laws. Because once we are born of God, he will come first in our lives, and we won't disobeying him, we will do his will. We will be being taught? and guided by the Spirit within our hearts to live right before God.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said this

Matthew 22

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.This is the first and great commandment.*And the second*is*like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.*On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

And Paul said that the laws will be written in our hearts and in our minds.

If we love God with our all, and our neighbour as ourselves then we will establish the laws. Because once we are born of God, he will come first in our lives, and we won't disobeying him, we will do his will. We will be being taught? and guided by the Spirit within our hearts to live right before God.

I said
Good.