and one of you is a devil?

Matthew 16:23
But he turned, and said unto Peter,
Get thee behind me, Satan:
thou art an offence unto me:
for thou savourest not the things that be of God,
but those that be of men.

Is Satan the devil whom Jesus referred to Peter
or was Jesus referring to Peter as Satan the devil?

Epoisses

Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Matt. 18:22,23

We can sin 490 times until God turns his back on us. I know I was close.

Or maybe it has something to do with the prophecy of Daniel 9 when sin is forever removed from the hearts and minds of God's people.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Peter denied Jesus 3 times.
That means Peter
lied 3 times that he
did not know Jesus.

It is written...

Matthew 10
32 Whosoever therefore shall
confess me before men,
him will I confess also
before my Father
which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall
deny me before men,
him will I also deny
before my Father
which is in heaven.

Will Jesus honor His word
and deny Peter to God His Father?

John 6:70
Jesus answered them,
Have not I chosen you twelve,

Christ was referring to Judas Iscariot. What church or denomination are you affiliated with anyway?

Word

BANNED
Banned
Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times? 22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven. Matt. 18:22,23
The children of God
and the children of the devil.

Who is your brother?

theophilus

Luke 22: 31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.

34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the **** shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

*Jesus was praying against the "flesh" (Satan) IN Peter. He knew Peter was His and that the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

John 21: 15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

*Peter's reatoration and forgiveness AND commission.

Ye do err, [MENTION=16946]Word[/MENTION], in your accusation against Peter, twisting the words of our Lord to suit your own confusion and implying that any child of God could be snatched from His hand.

John 17: 9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost,
but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Judas was the son of perdition, not Peter.

Word

BANNED
Banned
Luke 22: 31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.

34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the **** shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest me.

*Jesus was praying against the "flesh" (Satan) IN Peter. He knew Peter was His and that the Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

John 21: 15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

18 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, When thou wast young, thou girdest thyself, and walkedst whither thou wouldest: but when thou shalt be old, thou shalt stretch forth thy hands, and another shall gird thee, and carry thee whither thou wouldest not.

19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Ye do err, [MENTION=16946]Word[/MENTION], in your accusation against Peter, twisting the words of our Lord to suit your own confusion and implying that any child of God could be snatched from His hand.

John 17: 9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost,
but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

This person accuses me or error
and accusations against Peter
because I believe word for word
the accusation that Jesus accused
Peter of being Satan in the flesh.

I ask you...
now who is truthfully in error?

If I recall correctly
Jesus called Peter, Satan
and Judas, friend.

Am I right?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
This person accuses me or error
and accusations against Peter
because I believe word for word
the accusation that Jesus accused
Peter of being Satan in the flesh.

I ask you...

If I recall correctly
and Judas, friend.

Am I right?

:nono:

theophilus

I ask you...

You. :)

If I recall correctly

And He was addressing the same spirit that filled Judas:

Matt. 26: 45 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

46 Rise, let us be going: behold, he is at hand that doth betray me.

47 And while he yet spake, lo, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people.

48 Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he: hold him fast.

49 And forthwith he came to Jesus, and said, Hail, master; and kissed him.

50 And Jesus said unto him, Friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus and took him.

John 13: 25 He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?

26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly

28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

29 For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

30 He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.

and Judas, friend.

Am I right?

Jesus called Judas "friend" because that is what he had been for the last three years; a friend, a confidant, chosen, to fulfill all prophecy and chosen by our Sovereign God to fulfill His good pleasure.

In the scriptures you have posted you are "right" in your proof-texts.

You are wrong in that you miss the forest for the trees.

There is forgiveness; even for you.

:)

Word

BANNED
Banned
You. :)

And He was addressing the same spirit that filled Judas:

Matt. 26: 45 Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

47 And while he yet spake, lo, Judas, one of the twelve, came, and with him a great multitude with swords and staves, from the chief priests and elders of the people.

48 Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he: hold him fast.

50 And Jesus said unto him, Friend, wherefore art thou come? Then came they, and laid hands on Jesus and took him.

26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly

29 For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.

Jesus called Judas "friend" because that is what he had been for the last three years; a friend, a confidant, chosen, to fulfill all prophecy and chosen by our Sovereign God to fulfill His good pleasure.

:)

How come you just refuse to believe Jesus?

Why do you believe Jesus is a liar?

Word

BANNED
Banned
Now the devil was more subtil
than any spirit in the Christian churches.
And he said unto the Word, Yea, hath Jesus said,
unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan:
And the Word said unto the devil, I believe Jesus word for word.
And the devil said unto the Word,

He was addressing the same spirit that filled Judas:

27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

and Judas, friend.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

theophilus

Psalm 91: 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Your wings.

Deuteronomy 32:11 Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, That hovers over its young, He spread His wings and caught them, He carried them on His pinions.
[MENTION=16946]Word[/MENTION],

By your "reasoning" these scriptures means God is like a giant chicken.

Jesus called Judas friend because he had been His friend.

Jesus called Peter Satan because Peter was speaking for Satan.

:think:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Num 22:21 And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ***, and went with the princes of Moab.
Num 22:22 And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary[satan] against him. Now he was riding upon his ***, and his two servants were with him.

adversary- Hebrew = satan

In Num 22:22 the angel of YHVH is called 'a satan/an adversary', not the person, Satan.... obviously.

I believe that in Mat 16:22, the Lord Jesus is merely calling Peter 'an adversary', because he is opposing Christ's mission to the cross. I don't believe that the Lord is calling Peter, 'Satan, the person'. Peter is not two persons.

Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Word

BANNED
Banned

Christ was referring to Judas Iscariot. What church or denomination are you affiliated with anyway?

Word

BANNED
Banned

Num 22:21 And Balaam rose up in the morning, and saddled his ***, and went with the princes of Moab.
Num 22:22 And God's anger was kindled because he went: and the angel of the LORD stood in the way for an adversary[satan] against him. Now he was riding upon his ***, and his two servants were with him.

adversary- Hebrew = satan

In Num 22:22 the angel of YHVH is called 'a satan/an adversary', not the person, Satan.... obviously.

I believe that in Mat 16:22, the Lord Jesus is merely calling Peter 'an adversary', because he is opposing Christ's mission to the cross. I don't believe that the Lord is calling Peter, 'Satan, the person'. Peter is not two persons.

Mat 16:22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

God's Truth

Peter denied Jesus 3 times.
That means Peter
lied 3 times that he
did not know Jesus.

It is written...

Matthew 10
32 Whosoever therefore shall
confess me before men,
him will I confess also
before my Father
which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall
deny me before men,
him will I also deny
before my Father
which is in heaven.

Will Jesus honor His word
and deny Peter to God His Father?

John 6:70
Jesus answered them,
Have not I chosen you twelve,

Jesus reinstated Peter.

John 21:15-19

Jesus Reinstates Peter
15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?”

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”

16 Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.”

17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep. 18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”

Word

BANNED
Banned

Psalm 91: 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Psalm 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye; Hide me in the shadow of Your wings.

Deuteronomy 32:11 Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, That hovers over its young, He spread His wings and caught them, He carried them on His pinions.
[MENTION=16946]Word[/MENTION],

By your "reasoning" these scriptures means God is like a giant chicken.

Jesus called Judas friend because he had been His friend.

Jesus called Peter Satan because Peter was speaking for Satan.

:think: