Gay rights in Israel

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What is immoral about Israel in your opinion? Aside from gay rights, I mean.

Besides the country's embracement of homosexuality, 50% of the people born in the country of Israel are atheists.

From Wikipedia:

"In Israel, around 50% of Israelis who were born ethnically Jewish consider themselves 'secular' or 'hilonim'"

Most of the other 50% adhere to Judaism. Judaism teaches the rejection of Christ Jesus.

It's a very screwed up nation.

When you factor in the above statistics with the fact that the Jews kicked the Palestinians out of their land, there isn't much good at all to say about the Jews in Israel.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

Perhaps Israel is not all Jewish because they don't acknowledge Jesus. Are there any Christians there? I've got to tell you that I agree with you that being gay is just as bad as eating pork. It says in the Bible that each of these are an abomination. So who has had their bacon for breakfast or their ham for Easter?? Quit trying to come down on each other for those two things. It is really hard to call them both an addiction, but they sure do seem to be. Read your Bible. God calls both an abomination. The only two things He calls an abomination. And He calls having sex with animals 'confusion' but not abomination. Go figure? Life is rough. There's a LOT we have to learn and a LOT that we are learning along the way. I think God loves the people, but not necessarily their actions. I abstain and am asexual, and I try to be a eunuch for God and Jesus. I haven't had sex for years now. I was gay for many years, although I really can't say it was by choice. All I do know was that I was led to a chapter in the Bible about myself saying, "and no man could hear that song, but the 144,000 which were redeemed from the Earth. These are they which were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb withersoever He goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile; for they are without fault before the throne of God." {See Rev. 14:4}

In other words, I didn't pick this gayness for me. It just happened. I had girlfriends too, but we never went 'all the way' because I insisted we be married first. Well, the best girlfriend I had did not want to marry until after sex, so it just never happened. When I asked why I was gay, the Lord guided me to those words. Believe it or not. What does it matter? When Jesus Returns, He will take those whom He Will. Then everyone will find out that being gay is overrated and no big deal. But forcing yourself on someone, whether female or male, is not good whatsoever. That is what the men of Sodom tried to do to the two angels that were visiting Lot. Repugnant, just like rape. That's all I have to say for now.

Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

Last edited:

chair

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Besides the country's embracement of homosexuality, 50% of the people born in the country of Israel are atheists.

50%? According to Wiki, the number of atheists in Israel stands at 15%, which is only slightly higher than US stats.

When you factor in the above statistics with the fact that the Jews kicked the Palestinians out of their land, there isn't much good at all to say about the Jews in Israel.

Did America do any less to its indigenous population?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Gay rights in Israel

How ironic that American conservatives have gone to such great lengths to create a "special relationship" with a nation that contradicts their core position on so many issues.

- LGBT rights

- LGBTs in the military

- restrictions of private gyn ownership

- public healthcare

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The "Palestinians" are not indigenous. They are the descendants of the Arabs who invaded during the Islamic conquest of the 7th century. Guess who was there before that conquest.
BYZANTINE RULE 313-636

- By the end of the 4th century, following Emperor Constantine's adoption of Christianity (313) and the founding of the Byzantine Empire, the Land of Israel had become a predominantly Christian country. Churches were built on Christian holy sites in Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Galilee, and monasteries were established in many parts of the country. The Jews were deprived of their former relative autonomy, as well as of their right to hold public positions, and were forbidden to enter Jerusalem except on one day of the year (Tisha b'Av - ninth of Av)to mourn the destruction of the Temple.

Persian invasion 614

- The Persian invasion of 614 was welcomed and aided by the Jews, who were inspired by messianic hopes of deliverance. In gratitude for their help, they were granted the administration of Jerusalem, an interlude which lasted about three years. Subsequently, the Byzantine army regained the city (629) and again expelled its Jewish population.

ARAB RULE 636-1099

- The Arab conquest of the Land came four years after the death of Muhammad (632) and lasted more than four centuries, with caliphs ruling first from Damascus, then from Baghdad and Egypt. At the outset of Islamic rule, Jewish settlement in Jerusalem was resumed, and the Jewish community was granted permission to live under "protection," the customary status of non-Muslims under Islamic rule, which safeguarded their lives, property and freedom of worship in return for payment of special poll and land taxes.

However, the subsequent introduction of restrictions against non-Muslims (717) affected the Jews' public conduct as well as their religious observances and legal status. The imposition of heavy taxes on agricultural land compelled many to move from rural areas to towns, where their circumstances hardly improved, while increasing social and economic discrimination forced many Jews to leave the country By the end of the 11th century, the Jewish community in the Land had diminished considerably and had lost some of its organizational and religious cohesiveness.

691 On site of First and Second Temples in Jerusalem, Dome of the Rock built by Caliph Abd el-Malik

CRUSADER DOMINATION 1099-1291

- For the next 200 years, the country was dominated by the Crusaders, who, following an appeal by Pope Urban II, came from Europe to recover the Holy Land from the infidels. In July 1099, after a five-week siege, the knights of the First Crusade and their rabble army captured Jerusalem, massacring most of the city's non-Christian inhabitants. Barricaded in their synagogues, the Jews defended their quarter, only to be burnt to death or sold into slavery. During the next few decades, the Crusaders extended their power over the rest of the country, through treaties and agreements, but mostly by bloody military victories. The Latin Kingdom of the Crusaders was that of a conquering minority confined mainly to fortified cities and castles.

When the Crusaders opened up transportation routes from Europe, pilgrimages to the Holy Land became popular and, at the same time, increasing numbers of Jews sought to return to their homeland. Documents of the period indicate that 300 rabbis from France and England arrived in a group, with some settling in Acro (Akko), others in Jerusalem.

After the overthrow of the Crusaders by a Muslim army under Saladin (1187), the Jews were again accorded a certain measure of freedom, including the right to live in Jerusalem. Although the Crusaders regained a foothold in the country after Saladin's death (1193), their presence was limited to a network of fortified castles. Crusader authority in the Land ended after a final defeat (1291) by the Mamluks, a Muslim military class which had come to power in Egypt.

http://contenderministries.org/middleeast/timeline.php
Are we to believe that Palestine that has been continuously settled for the last 1.4 million years was mysteriously left "unsettled" prior to 7thC AD?

Historically, the small Jewish community was treated far better under the Persians and the Arabs than under the Christian Byzantine and Crusader Rule.

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

What I do know is that Israel conquered Canaan initially, with God's approval. The Lord led Joshua to begin conquering Canaan. Soon, God named each part of Canaan that would be Israel's new borders. The Bible reveals each parcel of land that God gave to each tribe of Israel. The borders are still not defined currently. Israel should get the West Bank and Gaza. Look in your dictionary and see what it says about Palestine. It says it = Philistines. Israel has been fighting them for years. The just changed their name to Palestinians because of the stigma they had before for being Philistines. Israel shall get more land before it's over. God will see to it. You'll see what happens as things progress. God caused ten tribes to leave Israel and spread into other countries. They had sex with other nationalities. There are more Israeli blood in England, Scotland, Ireland, Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Russia, etc. But they don't even know they have Israeli blood in them, because they made love and got pregnant with a child and they didn't know that the person they had sex with was of Israeli ancestry. Of course, the Israeli's were horny and spread all over the world soon enough, whether you have to go back a few ancestors, or not. No one realizes what's really going on. You'll find out the truth in the future. God says He will bring Israel back to it's same borders forever.

God's Best For You All,

Michael

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Dear All,

What I do know is that Israel conquered Canaan initially, with God's approval. The Lord led Joshua to begin conquering Canaan. Soon, God named each part of Canaan that would be Israel's new borders. The Bible reveals each parcel of land that God gave to each tribe of Israel. The borders are still not defined currently. Israel should get the West Bank and Gaza. Look in your dictionary and see what it says about Palestine. It says it = Philistines. Israel has been fighting them for years. The just changed their name to Palestinians because of the stigma they had before for being Philistines. Israel shall get more land before it's over. God will see to it. You'll see what happens as things progress. God caused ten tribes to leave Israel and spread into other countries. They had sex with other nationalities. There are more Israeli blood in England, Scotland, Ireland, Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Russia, etc. But they don't even know they have Israeli blood in them, because they made love and got pregnant with a child and they didn't know that the person they had sex with was of Israeli ancestry. Of course, the Israeli's were horny and spread all over the world soon enough, whether you have to go back a few ancestors, or not. No one realizes what's really going on. You'll find out the truth in the future. God says He will bring Israel back to it's same borders forever.

God's Best For You All,

Michael
There has been continuous human settlement in Palestine for approximately 1.4 million years of which there was a Jewish majority for less than 2000 years.

The Jews want the clock turned back an arbitrary 2000 years - but why should that privilege be extended only to them and not to the rest of the world?

In fact, Israel's current boundaries don't correspond to the Biblical ones set out in the Old Testament, which is the source of Jewish and conservative Christian assertions that Palestine was the Promised Land given to God's Chosen People and that this is the fulfillment of prophecy.

Unfortunately, most of those who inhabited Palestine prior to Israeli statehood don't share those beliefs, resent being forced from their ancestral homelands and feel that they have a legal and moral claim to the lands taken from them.

Last edited:

chair

There has been continuous human settlement in Palestine for approximately 1.4 million years of which there was a Jewish majority for less than 2000 years.

The Jews want the clock turned back am arbitrary 2000 years - but why should that privilege be extended only to them and not to the rest of the world?...

So instead, we are supposed to set the clock back 100 years? Is that correct? Do you expect whoever is currently living somewhere to get up and leave if they didn't live there X years ago? What is the magic number X?

The Zionist project started out with Jews simply moving to their homeland. They did not belong anywhere else, and that is where they had come from many generations ago.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
So instead, we are supposed to set the clock back 100 years? Is that correct? Do you expect whoever is currently living somewhere to get up and leave if they didn't live there X years ago? What is the magic number X?

The Zionist project started out with Jews simply moving to their homeland. They did not belong anywhere else, and that is where they had come from many generations ago.
Palestinian Prehistory

1 Lower Palaeolithic Period (ca. 1.4 million years-250,000)
- Acheulian culture - first signs of controlled usage of fire

2 Middle Palaeolithic Period (ca. 250,000–48,000)
- Mousterian culture - human remains of both Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens

3 Upper Palaeolithic Period (ca. 48,000–20,000)

4 Epi-Palaeolithic Period (ca. 20,000–9,500 cal. BCE)
- Kebaran culture (18,000 BCE to 12,500 BCE) - appearance of the bow and arrow
- affinities with the earlier Helwan phase in the Egyptian Fayyum, and cultures spread as far as Southern Turkey.

Natufian Culture (ca. 12,500–9,500 BCE)
- hunter-gatherers
- large community sizes and sedentary lifestyles
- setting the foundations for the Neolithic Revolution

5 Neolithic Period (9,500-4,500 BCE)
- time of the agricultural transition and development of farming economies in the Near East, and the region's first known megaliths (Gobekli Tepe)
- Ghassulian Period - created the basis of the Mediterranean economy which has characterised the area ever since
- economy was a mixed agricultural system consisting of extensive cultivation of grains (wheat and barley), intensive horticulture of vegetable crops, commercial production of vines and olives, and a combination of transhumance and nomadic pastoralism

6 Chalcolithic (Copper) Period (4,500-3,500 BCE)
- involved in large scale, far reaching trade.
- Palestine became the center of three trade routes linking three continents majing it the meeting place for religious and cultural influences from Egypt, Syria, Mesopotamia, and Asia Minor
- increased prosperity leads to a revival of inter-regional and eventually international trade and the growth of villages rapidly proceeds to increased prosperity of market towns and city states, which attract the attention of neighboring powers, who may invade to capture control of regional trade networks and possibilities for tribute and taxation

7. Early Bronze Age (3,500- 2,000 BCE)
- urban development of Canaan lagged considerably behind that of Egypt and Mesopotamia and even that of Syria, where from 3,500 BCE a sizable city developed at Hamoukar
- development of sites like Ebla, which by 2,300 BCE was incorporated once again into an Empire of Sargon, and then Naram-Sin of Akkad (Biblical Accad)
- archives show references to a number of Biblical sites, including Hazor, Jerusalem, and possibly Sodom and Gomorrah
- collapse of the Akkadian Empire, saw the arrival of peoples from the Zagros Mountains, east of the Tigris
- suspected by some arrival in Syria and Palestine of the Hurrians, people later known in the Biblical tradition possibly as Horites.

8 Middle Bronze Age Period (2,000-1750 BCE)

- arrival of "Amorites" from Syria in Southern Iraq, associated with the arrival of Abraham's family from Ur
- the pinnacle of urban development in the area of Syria and Palestine
- the chief state at this time was the city of Hazor, which may have later been the first capital of Israel
- period in which Semites began to appear in larger numbers in the Nile delta region of Egypt

Palestinian History

1 Ancient period
1.1 Proto-Canaanite period
1.2 New Kingdom Egyptian period
1.3 Independent Canaanite, Israelite and Philistine period
1.4 Neo-Assyrian and Neo-Babylonian Empire period
1.5 Achaemenid Empire period

2 Classical antiquity
2.1 Hellenic period
2.2 Restoration of regional self-governance
2.3 Roman Period
2.3.1 Roman Judea
2.3.2 Syria Palaestina

2.4 Byzantine period

3 Middle Ages
3.1 Rashidun, Umayyad and Abbasid Caliphates period
3.2 Fatimid Caliphate period
3.3 Kingdom of Jerusalem (Crusaders) period
3.4 Ayyubid, Mamluk, Bahri and Mamluk Burji period

4 Ottoman era
4.1 Early Ottoman rule
4.2 Decentralization process
4.2.1 Ridwan-Farrukh-Turabay period
4.2.2 Imperial attempts at centralization
4.3 Rule of Acre and autonomy of Nablus
4.3.1 Zaydani period
4.3.2 Jazzari period
4.4 Centralization
4.4.1 Egyptian period
4.4.2 Restoration of Ottoman control

5 Modern era
5.1 British Mandate period
5.1.1 Infrastructure and development
5.1.2 1936–1939 Arab revolt in Palestine
5.1.3 World War II and Palestine
5.1.4 End of the British Mandate 1945–1948
5.1.5 UN partition and the 1948 Palestine War
5.2 Partition of former Mandatory territory
5.2.1 Palestinian governorship in Egyptian-controlled Gaza

Abraham didn't stumble upon an unoccupied land when he arrived in Palestine during the Middle Bronze Age - approximately 1,900 BCE

There are a long line of cultural groups that had preceding his arrival all claiming Palestine as their homeland, many of which have resided there for far longer than the Jews

Jericho, alone, can trace its origins back to 10,000 BCE and its name comes from the Hebrew "Yeriẖo," derived from either the Canaanite word Reaẖ ("fragrant") or another Canaanite word "Yareaẖ" meaning "moon" or the lunar deity "Yarikh" all of which predates Hebrew settlement

For most of Israel's history, the Jews did not even have exclusive control over Palestine, but were forced to share it with other groups (Canaanites, Philistines, Sumarians)

Modern Palestinians are probably an amalgamation of many of these earlier groups and have a legitimate claim to Palestine as their homeland.

Last edited:

chair

Palestinian Prehistory

- Acheulian culture - first signs of controlled usage of fire...
2.3.2 Syria Palaestina[/B]
2.4 Byzantine period

Modern Palestinians are probably an amalgamation of many of these earlier groups and have a legitimate claim to Palestine as their homeland.

Why "Palestinian Prehistory", when the term "Palestine" shows up only in your item 2.3.2 ?

Do Jews who belong to an earlier group have any rights- or only those who are "probably an amalgamation of these earlier groups" have legitimate claims?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear jgarden,

Pinko commie, eh? You just love to argue, right? First of all, I don't believe it's been a "million" years of being inhabited at all. Secondly, the Lord God says He will bring Israel back to her same land He gave her and she shall dwell there 'forever.' That means, she will stay there and not be rooted up again. God got angry with Israel way back when and uprooted ten tribes of her, which He scattered north and throughout the countries, because of these ten tribes sinning. He does say though that, in the latter years, He will bring her back to inhabit the borders that were given to her that is exactly what He is doing. I can give you many scriptural references if you need them, that says what I am saying here. If you need them, let me know. Start with ALL of Zephaniah, chapter 2; also Zech. 10:10; Obad. chapter 1; Ezek. 36:24... Zeph. 2:4, "For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation:, etc."

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Michael

Daniel1769

Tel Aviv is the homosexual capital of the east. That whole country now is called spiritually "Sodom and Egypt."

Nazaroo

Again, we see incredible double-standards applied, mostly to "Jews".

(1) The USA also has a huge problem with atheism, liberalism, pacifism, homosexuality, and other garbage.

So it shouldn't be surprising that they are allies, as they seem to be alike.

(2) Homosexuality isn't a 'Western' problem. Everybody should know that among the dirty Arabs
not only homosexuality is rampant
(as in every primitive culture) but also so is bestiality with sheep,
goats and camels, rape and incestual rape, and most horrific, institutionalized molestation and pedophilia,
as well as open sex slavery, and human trafficking. These 'indiscretions' are the biggest
social and moral crimes in the Middle East, with only their absurd and violent and unjust 'justice-systems'
(amounting to little more than lynching) coming in a close second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z834OxnOdIU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFBBs4es6kE

But what is bestiality compared to Necrophilia? Islam is the only World 'Religion' that allows sex with corpses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er5IHO5oQTw

(3) Tel Aviv is hardly known as the 'most progressive' city in the Middle East. It is rather notorious,
in fact infamous as the PROSTITUTION and HUMAN TRAFFICKING capitol of Israel.
This is, and should be its claim to fame, even with a substantial population of faggots,
who are mostly tourists. If prostitution, and human trafficking of kidnapped children and teens
is progressive, then we can call Tel Aviv progressive; its certainly 'liberal' because all liberals
pay for underage prostitutes and turn a blind eye to kidnapping and child pornography.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBFReHMW4bs

But again, the bad behaviour of Jewish mobsters is trivial compared to the massive large scale
slavery and sex-trafficking operations of the dirty Arabs,
which after over a thousand years, has enslaved and murdered 118 MILLION BLACKS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJhSejBDTPI

(4) You can't make claims about prior occupation based on Evolutionist Mythology:

The whole first half of that post is speculative mythology, with even the so-called 'bronze age'
and 'iron age' etc. now considered an artificial construction without any historical validity.

SPECULATIVE MYTHOLOGY

Palestinian Prehistory

- Acheulian culture - first signs of controlled usage of fire

2 Middle Palaeolithic Period (ca. 250,000–48,000)
- Mousterian culture - human remains of both Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens

3 Upper Palaeolithic Period (ca. 48,000–20,000)

4 Epi-Palaeolithic Period (ca. 20,000–9,500 cal. BCE)
- Kebaran culture (18,000 BCE to 12,500 BCE) - appearance of the bow and arrow
- affinities with the earlier Helwan phase in the Egyptian Fayyum, and cultures spread as far as Southern Turkey.

Natufian Culture (ca. 12,500–9,500 BCE)
- hunter-gatherers
- large community sizes and sedentary lifestyles
- setting the foundations for the Neolithic Revolution

5 Neolithic Period (9,500-4,500 BCE)
- time of the agricultural transition and development of farming economies in the Near East, and the region's first known megaliths (Gobekli Tepe)
- Ghassulian Period - created the basis of the Mediterranean economy which has characterised the area ever since
- economy was a mixed agricultural system consisting of extensive cultivation of grains (wheat and barley), intensive horticulture of vegetable crops, commercial production of vines and olives, and a combination of transhumance and nomadic pastoralism

The above is probably some Ivory tower professor's imagination,
with the only 'evidence' being a few pot sherds and maybe some animal bones
from unknown layers of unknown material from unknown periods.

(5) Israel and the Surrounding areas are at the Crossroads of Trade and War,
and will always be 'prime real estate' for supply lines, transportation industry and trade,
and the control of empires as long as there are empires.

No point in quibbling about who killed who, until the Age of Empire, Imperialism and
Colonialism comes to an end. The fact is, the Book of Daniel predicts the final end of
all Empires
, with the Empire of God replacing all other permanently.

When that happens there will be no "Palestinians" or "Jews" making any claims at all,
except to whatever God grants them with Jesus the Christ on the Throne of the Universe,
co-ruling with the Father, Holy Spirit and Creator of All things.

That new Empire made without hands will be swept into power with the largest
World War ever seen on planet earth, fought by angels and with God only sponsoring
one side, that of the servants of God who died as martyrs and were beheaded for
the name of Jesus the Christ.

Sorry Arabs and Jews, you had best approach the God Most High humbly.

All of men's arrogance will be brought low in the Day of Judgement.

chair

(3) Tel Aviv is hardly known as the 'most progressive' city in the Middle East. It is rather notorious,
in fact infamous as the PROSTITUTION and HUMAN TRAFFICKING capitol of Israel.

Historically we had a serious problem in human trafficking. We've cracked down on it, and things are considerably better now.
The U.S. State Department's "Trafficking in Persons Report, 2012" and "Trafficking in Persons Report, 2013" raised Israel's rank to Tier 1 after having ranked Israel Tier 2 between 2007 to 2011.[1] (A Tier 1 ranking is the highest rating given to a government that "has acknowledged the existence of human trafficking, has made efforts to address the problem." The State Department reports: "The Government of Israel continued to improve its strong protection of trafficking victims over the reporting period."[2]) The State of Israel ratified the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, especially Women and Children on 23 Jul 2008 .[3]​

Nazaroo

Historically we had a serious problem in human trafficking. We've cracked down on it, and things are considerably better now.
The U.S. State Department's "Trafficking in Persons Report, 2012" and "Trafficking in Persons Report, 2013" raised Israel's rank to Tier 1 after having ranked Israel Tier 2 between 2007 to 2011.[1] (A Tier 1 ranking is the highest rating given to a government that "has acknowledged the existence of human trafficking, has made efforts to address the problem." The State Department reports: "The Government of Israel continued to improve its strong protection of trafficking victims over the reporting period."[2]) The State of Israel ratified the Protocol to Prevent, Suppress and Punish Trafficking in Persons, especially Women and Children on 23 Jul 2008 .[3]​

This is a significant improvement, although one may wonder if some of this is cosmetic.

Your data from 2012 supports some kind of crack-down or cleaning up of the problem.

However, consider these 2015 reports and articles on the continuing problem of prostitution,
and especially CHILD PROSTITUTION and RAPE on the streets of Tel Aviv:

Jerusalem Post, June 2015 Opinion:

Culture of prostitution

Walking in my neighborhood was at times unpleasant, but it wasn’t frightening until March 19.

By REBECCA HUGHES \
06/15/2015

ShowImage.ashx
A prostitute waits for customers along a road.. (photo credit:REUTERS)

At least once a week, someone mistakes me for a prostitute.

It started two years ago when I moved to south Tel Aviv. At first I didn’t understand why cars were pulling up alongside me as I walked home, trailing me for a few moments and then driving away. After a few months I casually mentioned this strange behavior to one of my neighbors.

“They think you’re a prostitute,” she stated matter-of-factly.

I must have looked offended, because she quickly added, “Don’t worry, it’s not just you. It happens to me too.”

Eventually I stopped being shocked every time a man stopped me in the street. However, it troubled me that people could perceive a woman walking alone as a woman in prostitution, and it angered me that sex-buyers were permitted to purchase women who lacked my privilege.

Walking in my neighborhood was at times unpleasant, but it wasn’t frightening until March 19.

It was a Thursday morning on the corner of Har-Zion and Salame, less than 100 meters from my apartment. A 37-year-old woman was walking her dog when a man ran up to her, slammed her against a wall, threw her to her knees, pulled down his pants and sodomized her. For 10 minutes she tried to fight him off. She watched people walk by, look and continue along their way. She saw taxi drivers pull up next to where she was kneeling and then drive off. People passed her on their way to work and school. Buses drove by. One person stopped and called the police.

The woman who was assaulted is Israeli, white and Jewish, and the assailant was a man from Ghana, black and not Jewish.

Another story from Sept 2015:

The face of Israeli prostitution

In the aftermath of a sex worker’s suicide, ‘Metro’ takes a look inside the brothels of Tel Aviv.

By SETH J. FRANTZMAN \
09/20/2015

ShowImage.ashx

98 Hayarkon Street, the site of the brothel in which sex worker ‘Jessica’ committed suicide last week,
sparking a protest and calls for reform. (photo credit:SETH J. FRANTZMAN)

‘I don’t believe the story.

They say she was 20 years old and was in the country for 15 years... that she lived and worked at 67 Hayarkon [Street]. I think maybe she had many other troubles with family and money; it happens,” says Jenny (not her real name).

This 40-year-old prostitute has worked for a year and two months at a brothel that is a five-minute walk from where another woman in the world’s oldest profession took her own life last month, sparking a 600-person protest.

The following day, police served the owner with a 30-day closure order, though they claimed it had nothing to do with the sex worker’s suicide and that they had been trying to shutter it for a long time, asserting it is a nuisance that operates at all hours in a residential neighborhood.

On condition that we not reveal where she works, Jenny agreed to sit down with Metro to discuss life in Israel’s sex industry.

ShowImage.ashx

“Some days I only have two customers, others as many as 10,” she reveals. Along with four other women, all in their mid- 30s to early 40s, she works from 10 or 11 a.m. to 7 or 8 p.m. The women watch Russian- language TV and smoke cigarettes on a small patio; another woman works the phones, providing details to the johns: “NIS 200 for half an hour, erotic massage, shared shower.” She advertises the prostitutes’ supposed attributes: “Young girl, hard but large breasts.” Which girl that refers to is not clear, since none of them match the glowing description.

According to estimates, some 15,000 women are involved in sex work in the Jewish state. A recent report found that 1,000 girls under the age of 18 are involved in some form of prostitution here.

The Elem NGO notes there are also underage boys and transgender teens involved.

Reports on prostitution tend to focus on exceptional cases, such as dozens of men arrested for using the services of an underage sex ring in which a 17-year-old boy was accused of procuring teens. Others focus on human trafficking, a phenomenon of the 1990s in which thousands of women were trafficked via Sinai from the former Soviet Union.

Task Force on Human Trafficking / Project 119 /

Fast Facts about Prostitution in Israel

tfhtlogo.png

Fast Facts about Prostitution in Israel

• The 2011 Trafficking in Persons Report, released by the US State Department, classified Israel as a “tier two” country for human trafficking, meaning that a significant amount of human trafficking takes place in Israel. Other tier two countries include Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iraq, India, China, and Russia.
  • Israeli NGOs estimate that between 500-600 women a year are trafficked illegally into Israel for sex.
  • Men in Israel make an estimated one million visits to prostitutes every month.
  • Israel’s prostitution and sex trafficking industry brings in between $500,000,000-$750,000,000 a year.
  • The average age of a “woman” who enters into prostitution in Israel is between 12-13.
  • Since the 1990s, approximately 25,000 women have been trafficked across the Israel-Sinai border to be sold for sex in Israel.
  • Of the women who were trafficked into Israel from other countries ⅓ were told they would be dancers, ⅓ domestics, and ⅓ nannies.
  • Elem – Youth in Distress, an Israeli nonprofit, identified 626 youths, some as young as 12, who were sold for prostitution in 2011. This is compared to the 126 that they identified in 2010.
  • According to 2010 report by the Knesset’s Research and Information Center, the police have opened only two cases against customers of juvenile prostitutes and both of of the cases were closed.
  • The 2010 Knesset Report also showed that between 2000 – 2009 only eight cases were opened for pimping minors and three of them were closed. Additionally, criminal charges were not pursued in 19 of the 35 cases that police opened during that period for commercial exploitation of a minor.