Freddie Gray – Records Indicate Spinal Injury Pre-existing

This Charming Manc

One the reasons for claims maybe is that the police were brutal?

We sometimes watch that "Cops" show on TV, morbid fascination I guess. It's amazing how often angry prisoners in handcuffs bang their heads repeatedly in the cop car! On bullet proof glass or that cage divider thing between the back seat and the front. Sounds crazy but I can at least see Grey doing that.

Last year Baltimore police paid out something like 3+ million in settlements for people who claimed brutality.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
One the reasons for claims maybe is that the police were brutal?

Sure, other reasons could be people know they can get settlements. If a prisoner fights back or try's to run he may get some bumps and bruises. Cops in Baltimore are protecting blacks from black criminals in these violent neighborhoods.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
or the police three him in the van, didn't restrain him as they should and then drove aggressively to 'shake him up abit'.

I don think the police meant to kill him, but it seems something was not right here.

Another prisoner that rode in the van said it was a smooth ride.

This Charming Manc

I would suggest that police would not be up for payouts if there was not strong evidence.

recent events suggest not that police are being harassed fairly by false claims but are out of control and lacking in accountability.

Sure, other reasons could be people know they can get settlements. If a prisoner fights back or try's to run he may get some bumps and bruises. Cops in Baltimore are protecting blacks from black criminals in these violent neighborhoods.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I would suggest that police would not be up for payouts if there was not strong evidence.

recent events suggest not that police are being harassed fairly by false claims but are out of control and lacking in accountability.

Some of them are macho pricks, they are human and corruptible like everyone else.

The recent events such as Ferguson were a complete lie. But true to form, the same kinds of people broke into the liquor store and stole stuff because that's who they are.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
What did he see? A dead prisoner?

They made a couple stops, I think they had 3 total. It's not clear if Grey was still banging his head by the time they picked up the 3rd guy or if the cops slammed him around some more.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The DA's saying it was a homicide and also indicated that the knife Gray had on him wasn't an illegal weapon.

Tinark

Baltimore's top prosecutor announced criminal charges Friday against all six officers suspended after a man suffered a fatal spinal injury in police custody, saying "no one is above the law."

State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby declared that Freddie Gray's death was a homicide, his arrest was illegal, and his treatment in custody amounted to murder and manslaughter.

"The findings of our comprehensive, thorough and independent investigation coupled with the medical examiner's determination that Mr. Gray's death was a homicide," Mosby said, "we have probable cause to file criminal charges."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/scant-details-gray-death-baltimore-protests-continue-30722120

republicanchick

Why are the African Americans so jumpy and dive into things without investigations?

well, u can't blame them for not trusting ... uh.. Whitey

but on the other hand, if some Blacks want the cops convicted as of ... yesterday

just b/c of history

that is really Neanderthal

2 wrongs don't make justice

____

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
well, u can't blame them for not trusting ... uh.. Whitey

but on the other hand, if some Blacks want the cops convicted as of ... yesterday

just b/c of history

that is really Neanderthal

2 wrongs don't make justice

____

I'd like to take back what I said. That was unfair for me to say that but I do know most of these protesters are like the tea party. For our future sake, we all really need to get the facts before we act like the tea party. As of now, I think think this freddy thing has been ruled a homicide. Looks like the police are guilty in this case.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I'd like to take back what I said. That was unfair for me to say that but I do know most of these protesters are like the tea party. For our future sake, we all really need to get the facts before we act like the tea party. As of now, I think think this freddy thing has been ruled a homicide. Looks like the police are guilty in this case.

But the Tea Party never acted like that, you live in the caricature delusion created by liars.

Tinark

The map and timeline shown here are very telling:

Instead of going directly to the police station after the arrest, the van veers way off (stop 2 and the mysterious stop 3 which the police never mentioned until they got caught by private camera). This lends credence to the "rough ride" scenario. The "depraved heart" murder charge against the driver is also indicative that the DA has evidence that the driver intended to harm Freddie with intentional reckless driving. The failure to put him in a seat-belt may also have been intentional.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Yep, that "depraved" bit jumped out at me too. This whole situation just stinks to holy hell.