Fox News is not conservative (favors establishment candidate)

lighthouse99

I finally found someone who echos my thoughts and "ponderings" vis a vis Fox News, regarding Election 16

I too have had the thought that if Reagan were running in this election cycle, he would not be endorsed by FNC, just as Cruz is not exactly supported by them (like other candidates)

I also have had many of the same thoughts as the person who wrote this, at this site:

https://pjmedia.com/blog/does-the-g...z-is-a-rino-in-conservative-sheeps-clothing/2

excerpt:

While it may be that Cruz personally grates on the GOP establishment because he challenges them and won't play ball, perhaps its key concern is that it feels that his conservatism is out of the mainstream, thus making him unelectable in a general election. If so, the establishment should make that case to the GOP primary voters — at this writing it should be noted, Cruz falls within the margin of error or better against presumed Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in a general election.

...the burden of proof rests on the GOP establishment to show that its strategy is any better. For it has nominated Mitt Romney and John McCain in the last two presidential elections, and seen many of its candidates successfully primaried.

...Does the party not share the values and principles of its voters? Does the party feel that a conservative president threatens its political power? Does the party fear retribution?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Who does Fox News favor? They've given the most air time to Trump, by a significant margin. He's no establishment candidate. Air time doesn't necessarily mean endorsement or favor, it's probably a ratings thing, but it doesn't seem that Fox News has done much to help any 'establishment' candidates.

lighthouse99

Who does Fox News favor? They've given the most air time to Trump, by a significant margin. He's no establishment candidate. Air time doesn't necessarily mean endorsement or favor, it's probably a ratings thing, but it doesn't seem that Fox News has done much to help any 'establishment' candidates.

they are all individuals there so would presumably vote for whomever they personally favor. But the bosses there probably tell them such things as: "Cool it focusing on Rubio's illegal immigration policy" and

"don't cover Ted Cruz much" and "say negative things about Cruz"

have u noticed there is far more negative commentary directed at Cruz than the others? One regular there even complained about Cruz's VOICE, for crying out loud. That was a long time ago when Cruz wasn't so popular, so maybe now the lovers-of-winners folks @ Fox will back off a little, but only a little

:think: