Foolish Conversations

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Great Scripture. Should I obey God? Yes. Should I obey Jesus? You do say that I should serve Him, and I should. I do know that I am a servant of Christ.

I said
that is a lie. Servants of Christ do not teach the old testament law. Or even the old testament. Servants of Christ believe what He told them. Jesus said All who every came before Me are thieves and robbers.

[Jhn 10:1, 8 NKJV]
1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
that is a lie. Servants of Christ do not teach the old testament law. Or even the old testament. Servants of Christ believe what He told them. Jesus said All who every came before Me are thieves and robbers.

1 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ...
8 "All who [ever] came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.

I don't see anything wrong with teaching the old testament, if you are a Christian. If you are a Jew or a Christian you can teach the TaNaK. Jesus taught from the TaNaK. I don't think there was an old testament yet. I don't know when the TaNaK was given its name. I also don't know Greek.

CherubRam

There Are To Many Foolish Discussions
2 Tim 2:14
14 Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers.
Titus 3:10-11
10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition,
11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.
Titus 3:9
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
2 Tim 2:23-26
23 But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife.
24 And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient,
25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
26 and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.
Eph 5:3-4
3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints;
4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
Gal 3:2-3
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
Rom 10:17-21
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
18 But I say, have they not heard? Yes indeed: "Their sound has gone out to all the earth, and their words to the ends of the world."
19 But I say, did Israel not know? First Moses says: "I will provoke you to jealousy by those who are not a nation, I will move you to anger by a foolish nation."
20 But Isaiah is very bold and says: "I was found by those who did not seek Me; I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me."
21 But to Israel he says: "All day long I have stretched out My hands to a disobedient and contrary people."
Rom 11:5
5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 12:16-21
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
18 If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.
20 Therefore "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
(NKJ)
XXX God doesnt ask us to get in or start fooiish discussions. All He ask us to do is believe what the scriptures say. I dont see alot of questions in scripture, but I see alot of foolish questions leading people off on tangents. consuming their thoughts and leading them away from the truth. God says to avoid questions about the old testament.

Titus 3:9
9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless.
(NKJ)

During the ministry of the disciples the faith was established; afterward people crept in and twisted the scriptures. And that is why Christians are divided today.

CherubRam

I said

The festivals and priesthood is what was changed. The moral commands and the Sabbath is what remains in the New Covenant.

An example of ENTERING some other way would be Islam.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I don't see anything wrong with teaching the old testament, if you are a Christian. If you are a Jew or a Christian you can teach the TaNaK. Jesus taught from the TaNaK. I don't think there was an old testament yet. I don't know when the TaNaK was given its name. I also don't know Greek.

I said
lol I have discovered there is a lot you don't know. What percentage of your income do you give to the poor? How much do you give to the Government? And How much do you give to the church?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The festivals and priesthood is what was changed. The moral commands and the Sabbath is what remains in the New Covenant.

An example of ENTERING some other way would be Islam.

I said
Sorry but keep the Sabbath is not in the new testament.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
During the ministry of the disciples the faith was established; afterward people crept in and twisted the scriptures. And that is why Christians are divided today.

I said
So you don't think God had something to do with that?

[Rom 9:16-21
16 So then [it is] not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.
17 For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."
18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.
19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"
20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed [it], "Why have you made me like this?"
21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol I have discovered there is a lot you don't know. What percentage of your income do you give to the poor? How much do you give to the Government? And How much do you give to the church?

I do not know if or that I have an income. If I do it is for my room and food and living with or by. I have tithed to my Rabbi, Rabbi Robert Benbow, who is of Levi. You can choose who you want to tithe to. But with not being disabled and having SSDI and paying for where I am, was, staying, I was no longer able to do so. I used to tithe at church or from home. But I am a Jew, of Israel, Jewish, an Israelite, and I have chosen the tribe of Levi. Even so I am not exempt from tithing, but I have not chosen my living arrangements as far as I know. You asked about a percentage of my income. Tithing is not only income or may not involve income if it does. There are different kinds of income too. I used to help the homeless with my time or efforts or leadership. I don't give to the Government. However, I have paid taxes though now I am of Israel. I have said about how I have been required to report my insurance when filing my taxes, even with no work or income in a year that I am not even observing, meaning that I did not observe. I did not always tithe to the church, from childhood. But, at least 10 percent, 10 percent, or my giving (giving to God).

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I do not know if or that I have an income. If I do it is for my room and food and living with or by. I have tithed to my Rabbi, Rabbi Robert Benbow, who is of Levi. You can choose who you want to tithe to. But with not being disabled and having SSDI and paying for where I am, was, staying, I was no longer able to do so. I used to tithe at church or from home. But I am a Jew, of Israel, Jewish, an Israelite, and I have chosen the tribe of Levi. Even so I am not exempt from tithing, but I have not chosen my living arrangements as far as I know. You asked about a percentage of my income. Tithing is not only income or may not involve income if it does. There are different kinds of income too. I used to help the homeless with my time or efforts or leadership. I don't give to the Government. However, I have paid taxes though now I am of Israel. I have said about how I have been required to report my insurance when filing my taxes, even with no work or income in a year that I am not even observing, meaning that I did not observe. I did not always tithe to the church, from childhood. But, at least 10 percent, 10 percent, or my giving (giving to God).

I said
Well then you are sinning. You owe 12% of your income to the poor. Again you are self condemning. If you sin in just one point of the old testament law your guilty of all the sins.

[Jas 2:10
10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point], he is guilty of all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Well then you are sinning. You owe 12% of your income to the poor. Again you are self condemning. If you sin in just one point of the old testament law your guilty of all the sins.

10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point], he is guilty of all.

Interesting. Where in Torah do you get that from?

It is true that if you have stumbled in one point of the law you have broken the law, you are guilty of all. If you keep the whole law but stumble in one point you find out that now you have not kept the whole law beyond your that point of your transgression, your sin.

I have a school loan to pay.

If I am to be The President of The United States of America it needs to be paid.

A President does not have a job or work the same way that some other people do who work. The same with a Rabbi, unless he is also an Engineer. Vocation. Occupation. Ministry. Minister. What about a Teacher? When you aren't working for money, as I have done over the years, and which I do not do now, there is no income tax. However, not having a job means a person can be or become a Rabbi or the President of the United States of America. Both of which I would love to do. I would love to Teach HaAm (?) Yisrael and serve the American People, the People of the United States of America. Even Gentiles need to learn Torah, God's Word, and about our / the Messiah.

Why 12%?

I was involved with a class at my church called Helping Wisely. I know not to just give a poor person money. You are talking about the genuinely poor, or not using these those words. I have given money I think, but I have given food, a meal, or helped the homeless with a meal at church. However, remember that pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is to visit orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world. Religion is practice. This is not about the Christian Religion, Judaism, or Catholicism. It is one way to understand the word religion here. In James. Chapter 1.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Interesting. Where in Torah do you get that from?

It is true that if you have stumbled in one point of the law you have broken the law, you are guilty of all. If you keep the whole law but stumble in one point you find out that now you have not kept the whole law beyond your that point of your transgression, your sin.

I have a school loan to pay.

If I am to be The President of The United States of America it needs to be paid.

A President does not have a job or work the same way that some other people do who work. The same with a Rabbi, unless he is also an Engineer. Vocation. Occupation. Ministry. Minister. What about a Teacher? When you aren't working for money, as I have done over the years, and which I do not do now, there is no income tax. However, not having a job means a person can be or become a Rabbi or the President of the United States of America. Both of which I would love to do. I would love to Teach HaAm (?) Yisrael and serve the American People, the People of the United States of America. Even Gentiles need to learn Torah, God's Word, and about our / the Messiah.

Why 12%?

I was involved with a class at my church called Helping Wisely. I know not to just give a poor person money. You are talking about the genuinely poor, or not using these those words. I have given money I think, but I have given food, a meal, or helped the homeless with a meal at church. However, remember that pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is to visit orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world. Religion is practice. This is not about the Christian Religion, Judaism, or Catholicism. It is one way to understand the word religion here. In James. Chapter 1.

I said
This is about the Torah.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
This is about the Torah.

The question is what is the whole law, the Torah?

You say the verse is about the Torah.

What is the Law or The Law?

What is The Torah?

What are The Five Books of Moses?

What is the Pentateuch?

What is the TaNaK, the TaNaKh, or the Tanach?

What is the book of the law? What is this book of the law? What is the or this book of the covenant?

What is the Law of Moses? Is it the Law? Is it the Torah? Is it the Mosaic Law? Is it the Ten Commandments? Is it what Moses wrote down? Is it the Pentateuch? Is it the Five Books of Moses?

CherubRam

I said

[FONT=&quot]Matthew 12:8[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark 2:27[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mark 2:28[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Luke 6:5[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Then Yahshua said to them, “The Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Man, as in mankind. It does not say the Sabbath was made for the Jew, but mankind. The seventh day is Yahshua’s Sabbath.[/FONT]

CherubRam

I said

[FONT=&quot]Sabbath and the law[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 3:31. KJV[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Romans 3:31. NIV[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do you uphold the law by keeping the Sabbath?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are the laws of God, and there were the laws of the Pharisees. It was the laws and traditions of the Pharisees that Christ spoke against. Knowing the commands of God is a good teacher for living in the spirit of love.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 John 5:3.
In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 John 1:6.
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Look, the ones keeping the commandments are the ones getting into heaven.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 12:17.
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Yahshua Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:12.
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Yahshua.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Revelation 22:14.
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Christ and the disciples preached the keeping of the commands of God, but yet many who call themselves Christian seem to be teaching another message.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Grace:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (In the Christian belief,) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]God's grace does not mean that you are to keep sinning by breaking God's commands.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Matthew 4:4.
Yahshua answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8.
“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.[/FONT]

CherubRam

I said

[FONT=&quot]Matthew 12 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lord of the Sabbath [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1. At that time Yahshua went through the grain fields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and began to pick some heads of grain and eat them. 2. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to him," Look! Your disciples are doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4. He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6. I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Day of The Lord is Saturday according to scripture, and the disciples were not harvesting the field, but getting something to eat. Jesus said they were innocent of breaking the Sabbath commandment. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gleaning is harvesting what is left over. The disciples were passing through the field, and they took only what they were to eat then, and nothing more. For more would have been to be harvesting the field for the gleanings.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Exodus 20:8.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Revelation 10. On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11. which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ezekiel 20:11. I gave them my decrees and made known to them my laws, for the man who obeys them will live by them. 12. Also I gave them my Sabbaths as a sign between us, so they would know that I the LORD made them holy.
13. " 'Yet the people of Israel rebelled against me in the desert. They did not follow my decrees but rejected my laws—although the man who obeys them will live by them—and they utterly desecrated my Sabbaths. So I said I would pour out my wrath on them and destroy them in the desert. 14. But for the sake of my name I did what would keep it from being profaned in the eyes of the nations in whose sight I had brought them out. 15. Also with uplifted hand I swore to them in the desert that I would not bring them into the land I had given them—a land flowing with milk and honey, most beautiful of all lands- 16. because they rejected my laws and did not follow my decrees and desecrated my Sabbaths. For their hearts were devoted to their idols. 17. Yet I looked on them with pity and did not destroy them or put an end to them in the desert. 18. I said to their children in the desert, "Do not follow the statutes of your fathers or keep their laws or defile yourselves with their idols. 19. I am the LORD your God; follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 20. Keep my Sabbaths holy, that they may be a sign between us. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Isaiah 8:16. Bind up the testimony
and seal up the law among my disciples.
17. I will wait for the LORD,
who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob.
I will put my trust in him.
18. Here am I, and the children the LORD has given me. We are signs and symbols in Israel from the LORD Almighty, who dwells on Mount Zion. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deut 6:6.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
6:8. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][Frontlets between your eyes, is your forehead, where your memory is.][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

And so we have the commandments as a sign on our right hand, and in our foreheads. This being the seal or mark of God, His commandments, then what is the mark of that beast [nation] in the right hand and forehead? The right hand symbolizes works, and in the forehead is our memory of what we think.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Matthew 12:3. He answered, "Haven't you read what David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4. He entered the house of God, and he and his companions ate the consecrated bread—which was not lawful for them to do, but only for the priests. 5. Or haven't you read in the Law that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple desecrate the day and yet are innocent? 6. I tell you that one greater than the temple is here. 7. If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent. 8. For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath." [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Since the disciples were only getting something to eat, and not harvesting the field, then they were innocent. I also see scripture that says that they went to the synagogue or each other’s house on the seventh day. And Paul after preaching on the seventh day also instructs Christians to gather on the first day to do some work. So where can I find this Sunday commandment? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Romans 9:6. It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7. Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham's children. On the contrary, "It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned." 8. In other words, it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring. 9. For this was how the promise was stated: "At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son." [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ephesians 2:11. Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called "uncircumcised" by those who call themselves "the circumcision" (that done in the body by the hands of men)— 12. remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Ephesians 3:2. Surely you have heard about the administration of God's grace that was given to me for you, 3. that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5. which was not made known to men in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God's holy apostles and prophets. 6. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

John 19:28. Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." 29. A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. 30. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
31. Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath[s.] Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on the crosses during the Sabbath[s,] they asked Pilate to have the legs broken and the bodies taken down. 32. The soldiers therefore came and broke the legs of the first man who had been crucified with Jesus, and then those of the other. 33. But when they came to Jesus and found that he was already dead, they did not break his legs. 34. Instead, one of the soldiers pierced Jesus' side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of blood and water. 35. The man who saw it has given testimony, and his testimony is true. He knows that he tells the truth, and he testifies so that you also may believe. 36. These things happened so that the scripture would be fulfilled: "Not one of his bones will be broken," 37. and, as another scripture says, "They will look on the one they have pierced."

The Burial of Jesus
38. Later, Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jews. With Pilate's permission, he came and took the body away. 39. He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds. 40. Taking Jesus' body, the two of them wrapped it, with the spices, in strips of linen. This was in accordance with Jewish burial customs. 41. At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had ever been laid. 42. Because it was the Jewish day of Preparation and since the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Luke 23:55. The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56. Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The first day of the week is Sunday, but the first day of the week after the Sabbath is Monday. In keeping that commandment they did not go to attend Yahshua's grave on Sunday. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Before the lunar calendar was introduced in 167 BC, the Feast of Bread was always on the first day, Sunday. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The Feast of Bread. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Levticus 23:7.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

CherubRam

What is The Torah?

What is the Pentateuch?

What is the book of the law? What is this book of the law? What is the or this book of the covenant?

What is the Law of Moses? Is it the Law? Is it the Torah? Is it the Mosaic Law? Is it the Ten Commandments? Is it what Moses wrote down? Is it the Pentateuch? Is it the Five Books of Moses?

[FONT=&quot]Colossians 2:16-17
New International Version (NIV)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When the disciples stopped participating in those things they were unfavorably judged. The followers of Yahshua stopped those practices after the stoning of Stephen. The "shadow of the things that were to come" is the "Pharisees yeast." The "reality found in Christ" is this:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Daniel 9:27[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He will confirm a covenant[/FONT] with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ [FONT=&quot]he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The followers of Christ continued to keep the seventh day Sabbath at each others house.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[FONT=&quot]Acts 11:19[/FONT]
Now [FONT=&quot]those who had been scattered by the persecution that broke out when Stephen was killed[/FONT] traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, spreading the word only among Jews.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 5:42[/FONT]
Day after day, in the temple courts and from [FONT=&quot]house to house[/FONT], they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 8:3[/FONT]
But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from [FONT=&quot]house to house[/FONT], he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 12:12[/FONT]
When this had dawned on him, [FONT=&quot]he went to the house of Mary[/FONT] the mother of John, also called Mark, [FONT=&quot]where many people had gathered[/FONT] and were praying.

[FONT=&quot]Acts 16:32[/FONT]
Then [FONT=&quot]they spoke the word of the Lord[/FONT] to him and to all the others [FONT=&quot]in his house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Acts 20:20[/FONT]
You know that I have not hesitated to [FONT=&quot]preach[/FONT] anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from [FONT=&quot]house to house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Romans 16:5[/FONT]
Greet also [FONT=&quot]the church that meets at their house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 Corinthians 16:19[/FONT]
The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does [FONT=&quot]the church that meets at their house.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Colossians 4:15[/FONT]
Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters at Laodicea, and to Nympha and[FONT=&quot] the church in her house.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
[FONT="]Colossians 2:16-17
New International Version (NIV)
[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black][FONT="]
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

[/FONT]
[FONT="]When the disciples stopped participating in those things they were unfavorably judged. The followers of Yahshua stopped those practices after the stoning of Stephen. The "shadow of the things that were to come" is the "Pharisees yeast." The "reality found in Christ" is this:[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=black][FONT="]

[FONT="]Daniel 9:27[/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT="]He will confirm a covenant[/FONT]
with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ [FONT="]he will put an end to sacrifice and offering.[/FONT][/B]

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][FONT="]The followers of Christ continued to keep the seventh day Sabbath at each others house.[/FONT]
[FONT="]

[B][FONT="]Acts 11:19[/FONT]

Now [FONT="]those who had been scattered by the persecution that broke out when Stephen was killed[/FONT][/B] traveled as far as Phoenicia, Cyprus and Antioch, spreading the word only among Jews.

[B][FONT="]Acts 5:42[/FONT]

Day after day, in the temple courts and from [FONT="]house to house[/FONT][/B], they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

[B][FONT="]Acts 8:3[/FONT]

But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from [FONT="]house to house[/FONT][/B], he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison.

[B][FONT="]Acts 12:12[/FONT]

When this had dawned on him, [FONT="]he went to the house of Mary[/FONT][/B] the mother of John, also called Mark, [B][FONT="]where many people had gathered[/FONT] and were praying.

[FONT="]Acts 16:32[/FONT][/B]
Then [B][FONT="]they spoke the word of the Lord[/FONT]
to him and to all the others [FONT="]in his house.[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT="]Acts 20:20[/FONT]

You know that I have not hesitated to [FONT="]preach[/FONT][/B] anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from [B][FONT="]house to house.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Romans 16:5[/FONT][/B]
Greet also [B][FONT="]the church that meets at their house.[/FONT]

[FONT="]1 Corinthians 16:19[/FONT][/B]
The churches in the province of Asia send you greetings. Aquila and Priscilla greet you warmly in the Lord, and so does [B][FONT="]the church that meets at their house.[/FONT]

[FONT="]Colossians 4:15[/FONT][/B]
Give my greetings to the brothers and sisters at Laodicea, and to Nympha and[B][FONT="] the church in her house.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT="][/FONT]

I do not know how to respond to you.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

What is The Torah?

What is the Pentateuch?

I said
Everything up until John the Baptist was the old testament law.

Luk 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets [were] until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
[Mat 11:12
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[FONT="]Sabbath and the law[/FONT][/B]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Romans 3:31. KJV[/FONT]
[FONT="]Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Romans 3:31. NIV[/FONT]
[FONT="]Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, [B]we uphold the law.[/B][/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Do you uphold the law by keeping the Sabbath?[/FONT][/B]
[FONT="]There are the laws of God, and there were the laws of the Pharisees. It was the laws and traditions of the Pharisees that Christ spoke against. Knowing the commands of God is a good teacher for living in the spirit of love.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]1 John 5:3.
In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]2 John 1:6.
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[B][FONT="]Look, the ones keeping the commandments are the ones getting into heaven.[/FONT]
[FONT="][/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Revelation 12:17.
And [B]the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God[/B], and have the testimony of Yahshua Christ.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Revelation 14:12.
Here is the patience of the saints: [B]here are they that keep the commandments of God[/B], and the faith of Yahshua.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Revelation 22:14.
[B]Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life[/B], and may enter in through the gates into the city.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Christ and the disciples preached the keeping of the commands of God, but yet many who call themselves Christian seem to be teaching another message.[/FONT]
[B][FONT="]Grace:[/FONT]
[FONT="] (In the Christian belief,) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.[/FONT]
[FONT="]God's grace does not mean that you are to keep sinning by breaking God's commands.[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Matthew 4:4.
Yahshua answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="]Exodus 20:8.
“Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.[/FONT]

I said
Doesn't that tell you something. You had to go to Exodus to find a verse that says remember the Sabbath.
Now don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with keeping the Sabbath. But in the new testament it is not required.

[Rom 14:4-6
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike]. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes [it] to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe [it]. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Everything up until John the Baptist was the old testament law.

Luk 16:16
16 "The law and the prophets [were] until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
[Mat 11:12
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 "For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

This might not be referring to the Law and the Prophets.