False Prophects of Today

iamaberean

Posted in another forum:

Jesus came to earth to do away with the old and set up the new. Only the Jews and false prophecy teachers do not believe he did. If they did they would not still be teaching judgment day is yet to happen. Judgment of who?, not Christians, for God has already judged us and we have been forgiven. Those that have not believed in Jesus will not be judged because there are no works that could save them, we are not living under the law of works. Is it to judge the Jews? Certainly not if the New Covenant is in force, why would there be a need for the saints of the old testament to continue to wait for their resurrection?
Think about it, false prophecy teachers base everything upon their interpretation of the book of Revelation, and that is symbolic language and can be made to mean anything. For example, "the United States is mentioned in the bible", "A Pope will be the anti-Christ" , "Rome is the whore" on and on it goes. and none of that is confirmed by scripture.

Last edited:

iamaberean

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

chair

Posted in another forum:

Jesus came to earth to do away with the old and set up the new. Only the Jews and false prophecy teachers do not believe he did...

Can you tell us what planet you are from, without revealing too much personal information?

iamaberean

Can you tell us what planet you are from, without revealing too much personal information?

I speak of the the Jews, in general, as one who does not accept the fact that Jesus is their Messiah, not of those who do.

Jacob was given the symbolic name, 'Israel', translated as 'he shall rule as God'. Jesus, according to scripture, is the true 'Israel'. Because of that and the fact that I have been born again, Jesus is my father, making me a child of the King, a Prince and a believing Jew. My brothers are Abraham and all of faith.

A false prophet teaches that Jesus must return again. Not true, he has finished his work.

Let me add this, I worship the same 'LORD God' of the Old Testament Jew.

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Jesus is LORD and the 'Redeemer'.