ECT False Preachers in the Church

Why are so many linked to various " Pentecostal movements" ?
My personal opinion, it is an outgrowth of the Pentecostal Movement. This is not to condemn Pentecostals at all. But false teachers (wolves) have crept into the church. It started with Azusa Street and false Faith Healers, and now includes all Christian churches not just Pentecostal.

I am and others very grateful Charles Stanley received a salary when he began to teach Gods words some 50 years ago. Very, very grateful.

First Corinthians 9:14 gives the church clear instruction: “The Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.” We pay people to prepare and serve our physical food; shouldn’t we also be willing to pay those who see to our spiritual food? And, honestly, which is more important—physical food or spiritual food—based on Matthew 4:4?

Full time Ministry in most cases requires money.

Mercy Ships. Floating hospitals for Jesus. Just their fuel cost for one ship, is about $ 100,000 daily. The doctors, neurosurgeons, Nurses, deck, engine crew, and officers work for free and pay for their own food and lodging aboard the ships. They operate on primarily on children in the most impoverished places on earth. Treating diseases that we scoff at. And maiming s and disfigurements.
Google: Mercy Ships pictures. Google Mercy Ships videos.
They are always needing Gods people. Gods people who do not care for self. As Jesus lived and gave. I highly recommend the book " Is That really you God". How Mercy Ships got started. Without a paddle. Because a man with a heart for Jesus, took the leap. left his wife and children for Jesus. As Moses did. Moses a sheep tender, listened to Gods voice, and obeyed, facing the most fiercest army on earth. With a " stick". As did the Apostles. Yes, these people of God are leaving all they have right now.

I am not in favor and deeply troubled by those who have 50 MILLION dollar jet's, 30,000 Sq. feet of house, many mansions, and drive Bentley's.
They are in deep trouble. The deepest.

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord to be salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard lest, being carried away by the error of unprincipled men, you fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.
I don't have a problem with Charles Stanley but I do disagree with him on some issues. None of this should be directed at him.

Matthew 13

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

Matthew 13

33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

rougueone

Do you always justify someones blantant sin and disregard for Paul's teachings when you feel like it?

I and others are very grateful Charles Stanley received a salary when he began to teach Gods words some 50 years ago. Very, very grateful.

First Corinthians 9:14 gives the church clear instruction: “The Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.” We pay people to prepare and serve our physical food; shouldn’t we also be willing to pay those who see to our spiritual food? And, honestly, which is more important—physical food or spiritual food—based on Matthew 4:4?

Mercy Ships. Floating hospitals for Jesus. Just their fuel cost for one ship, is about $ 100,000 daily. The doctors, neurosurgeons, Nurses, deck, engine crew, and officers work for free and pay for their own food and lodging aboard the ships. They operate on primarily on children in the most impoverished places on earth. Treating diseases that we scoff at. And maiming s and disfigurements.
They are always needing Gods people. Gods people who do not care for self. As Jesus lived and gave. I highly recommend the book " Is That really you God". How Mercy Ships got started. Without a paddle. Because a man with a heart for Jesus, took the leap. left his wife and children for Jesus. As Moses did. Moses a sheep tender, listened to Gods voice, and obeyed, facing the most fiercest army on earth. With a " stick". As did the Apostles. Yes, these people of God are leaving all they have right now.

I am not in favor and deeply troubled by those who have 50 MILLION dollar jet's, 30,000 Sq. feet of house, many mansions, and drive Bentley's.

Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, 15 and regard the patience of our Lord to be salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard lest, being carried away by the error of unprincipled men, you fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Show where I " justify someones blatant sin and disregard for Paul's teachings". Paul taught on many issues. 14 of the 27 Books of the new Covenant are probably Paul. So which of the 14 did I disregard ? Be specific and use Scripture this time.

Last edited:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Charles Stanley is the exception. He is the "light" as I referenced to.

He said he was going to step down if his wife left him. His wife left him and he did step down. Then greed kicked in and he stepped right back up the pulpit and preached agianst his own word and God's word. Then his son left him cause of that. Now his wife left him, his son left him and God left him. You ought to leave him too and become a calvinist.

HisServant

I and others are very grateful Charles Stanley received a salary when he began to teach Gods words some 50 years ago. Very, very grateful.

Show where I " justify someones blatant sin and disregard for Paul's teachings". Paul taught on many issues. 14 of the 27 Books of the new Covenant are probably Paul. So which of the 14 did I disregard ? Be specific and use Scripture this time.

Its the term we get honorarium from... which is a voluntary offering after someone speaks.

The apostles would be horrified if someone received a salary because they are no longer putting their trust in the Lord for their physical needs. The fact that we have elevated pastors and teachers beyond the respect and accord they should have has done more damage to Christianity than anything else... since most are false teachers (Charles Stanley included.. he was most definitely false). He was wrong and many many doctrines and kept teaching them and no one asked him to repent because he was not accountable to them.

rougueone

Its the term we get honorarium from... which is a voluntary offering after someone speaks.

The apostles would be horrified if someone received a salary because they are no longer putting their trust in the Lord for their physical needs. The fact that we have elevated pastors and teachers beyond the respect and accord they should have has done more damage to Christianity than anything else... since most are false teachers (Charles Stanley included.. he was most definitely false). He was wrong and many many doctrines and kept teaching them and no one asked him to repent because he was not accountable to them.

From that entire post I made, you focus on Charles Stanley. Then condemned him......... Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

I know Stanley from His " very good fruits".

This is " honorarium" yes..... First Corinthians 9:14 gives the church-Gods people, clear instruction: “The Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel.”

And in ( Matthew 10:10 ) ( Luke 10:7 Luke 10:8 ) it is an order and appointment of his that his ministering servants, who labour in preaching his Gospel, should be sufficiently taken care of.

We sow into Gods people who are committed to God by the Ministry God gave them. We honor God by offering back to God --into Gods people, using discernment, the money God gave us to begin with, to give back to God and glorify God by this fruit.
And I asked you to use Scripture to validate your the position you were going to make. You steered around the entire context.

I would like a child who just recovered from surgery aboard Mercy Shops to knock on your front door. And there that child is, with a huge smile, using leg's for the first time in their young 9 years. or a child smilingly brightly who could not smile ever as the childs face was deformed by war, animal mauling, or birth defect. And they hug you and say , Thank You " HIS SERVANT" for giving, as now I can smile, I can walk, and play with my new friends.

Last edited:

HisServant

Know I know your heart. :wave:

My heart is for Jesus... no one else. All humans are flawed and have their dark secrets... all of them. Even after they accept Jesus.

Charles has his, just as much as you have yours and I have mine... no one is except.

The issue that gets me is when people like you refuse to measure people according to the standards set forth in scripture for purely emotional reasons and let logic fly out the window.

musterion

Was?

revpete

False Preachers in the Church

You'll have to outside of the Church to find one of those. Unless genuine believers can be that biblically ignorant. This is an answer to #7

Pete 👤

rougueone

My heart is for Jesus... no one else. All humans are flawed and have their dark secrets... all of them. Even after they accept Jesus.

Charles has his, just as much as you have yours and I have mine... no one is except.

The issue that gets me is when people like you refuse to measure people according to the standards set forth in scripture for purely emotional reasons and let logic fly out the window.

I am glad I have emotions that God gave that are compassionate, and sympathetic to those who need help. I hope a child does not meet you with a hurt arm. Because you stated" refuse to measure people according to the standards set forth in scripture ( INDEED) ,...for purely emotional reasons"

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Anyone that gets paid from the offering plate is a false teacher... period.

1 Timothy 5:17-18
Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”

1 Corinthians 9:9-14
For it is written in the Law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain.” Is it for oxen that God is concerned? Does he not speak entirely for our sake? It was written for our sake, because the plowman should plow in hope and the thresher thresh in hope of sharing in the crop. If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it too much if we reap material things from you? If others share this rightful claim on you, do not we even more? Nevertheless, we have not made use of this right, but we endure anything rather than put an obstacle in the way of the gospel of Christ. Do you not know that those who are employed in the temple service get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in the sacrificial offerings? ...

1 Corinthians 9:14
In the same way, the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel.

Philippians 4:16-19

Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit. I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

There is a difference in paying a pastor a salary so that he can live and support his family and pastors who take advantage of their positions out of greed.

Ideally a pastors salary is equivalent to the average range of pay of the congregants for the area - so they can support their families if the congregants want a full time pastor.

Do you suggest they starve and have no families while being on call 24/7 to the needs of their congregants?

rougueone

Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer deserves his wages.”

For it is written in the Law of Moses, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain.” Is it for oxen that God is concerned? Does he not speak entirely for our sake? It was written for our sake, because the plowman should plow in hope and the thresher thresh in hope of sharing in the crop. If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it too much if we reap material things from you? If others share this rightful claim on you, do not we even more? Nevertheless, we have not made use of this right, but we endure anything rather than put an obstacle in the way of the gospel of Christ. Do you not know that those who are employed in the temple service get their food from the temple, and those who serve at the altar share in the sacrificial offerings? ...

In the same way, the Lord commanded that those who proclaim the gospel should get their living by the gospel.

Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once and again. Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to your credit. I have received full payment, and more. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

There is a difference in paying a pastor a salary so that he can live and support his family and pastors who take advantage of their positions out of greed.

Ideally a pastors salary is equivalent to the average range of pay of the congregants for the area - so they can support their families if the congregants want a full time pastor.

Do you suggest they starve and have no families while being on call 24/7 to the needs of their congregants?

Holy Spirit through Angel4Truth, speaks. AMEN !!!!

HisServant

Holy Spirit through Angel4Truth, speaks. AMEN !!!!

Except they didnt do their homework and obviously have no clue about what those verses are actually talking about.

Very disappointing that people doom themselves to ignorance.... satan has won with you two,

A pastor is an elder with the temporary gift of teaching.., and must abide by the requirements of eldership.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Except they didnt do their homework and obviously have no clue about what those verses are actually talking about.

Very disappointing that people doom themselves to ignorance.... satan has won with you two,

A pastor is an elder with the temporary gift of teaching.., and must abide by the requirements of eldership.

You haven't answered my question. I know i would rather have a pastor who has the time to be on his knees in prayer and the time to be all into the word of God and time to minister to his congregants than one exhausted from another job to care for himself and his family that he has little time to oversee his church...

HisServant

You haven't answered my question. I know i would rather have a pastor who has the time to be on his knees in prayer and the time to be all into the word of God and time to minister to his congregants than one exhausted from another job to care for himself and his family that he has little time to oversee his church...

So your needs are more important than scripture?

A proper ekklesia is run by a group of elders (a pastor is an elder) that are to share the burdens of the assembly equally. The entire idea of a paid clergy is a hold over from pagan Rome.

Elders are to be brought up within the assembly and tutored by the eldership... seminaries are the work of satan and have hijacked most churches. Pastors are hired from the outside and are not accountable to the elders.... and because they are hired... elders and the congrgation fail to help because afterall... they hired someone to to their jobs for them.

Epic fail and deception.

rougueone

I would ask for chapter and verse. But as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
As you also do with peoples post. You have to be related " GodsWord. '

HisServant

All gifts are temporary and subject to continual reaffirmation by the Holy Spirit through the congregation.... that is abundantly clear as a theme throughout the New Testament. No one has the right to unilaterally claim anything, nor do the have the right to handcuff the congregation by having no other way to earn a living.

The truth hurts... doesnt it?

FYI... the term overseer, elder, bishop and pastor (pastor only appears 1 time in scripture) all infer the function of an elder.

There is no room for a dictator in a congregation... it is the congregation that rules and the elders serve.

Last edited: