Every Argument For The Trinity

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I have heard much about the Trinity in my life. To give it an honest run is to accept or acknowledge all of the arguments for the Trinity. So here I don't want to argue with any of the arguments. But we can talk about them to discuss them.

For example,

Let us make man in our image. It implies more than one, a plural, to God.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I have heard much about the Trinity in my life. To give it an honest run is to accept or acknowledge all of the arguments for the Trinity. So here I don't want to argue with any of the arguments. But we can talk about them to discuss them.

For example,

Let us make man in our image. It implies more than one, a plural, to God.

There were more than one person involved in making man. It seems likely that the Lord speaking: "let us make man in our image", is the same Lord who, along with his two associates, appeared to Abraham in Genesis 18

1And the LORD appeared to him by the oaksa of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day. 2He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men (image of man) were standing in front of him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There were more than one person involved in making man. It seems likely that the Lord speaking: "let us make man in our image", is the same Lord who, along with his two associates, appeared to Abraham in Genesis 18

1And the LORD appeared to him by the oaksa of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day. 2He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men (image of man) were standing in front of him.

Interesting. Is it that there were three that makes it the image of man? When I think plural I think 2 or 3 or more.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Thomas said to Jesus

my Lord and my God!

Thomas was looking at what Paul says of Jesus after he rose from the dead: "He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the all things by the word of his power.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thomas was looking at what Paul says of Jesus after he rose from the dead: "He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the all things by the word of his power.

Maybe if Paul had already said it. No argument here.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Interesting. Is it that there were three that makes it the image of man? When I think plural I think 2 or 3 or more.

In the scripture angels are called men. Although angels are of a different nature(immortal)than mortal man. Interestingly, the figure that was formed from the ground is referred to as man even before the breath of life was breathed into the man. Therefore, man is the image of God and his associates by being formed into a man. As Paul says there is an image of the heavenly and also an image of the earthy. They differ in glory, says he. "We shall all be changed, in the twinkling of an eye" When this mortal puts on immortality.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
Maybe if Paul had already said it. No argument here.

Everything the Father has he has given to the son. All authority in both heaven(angels)and earth(men)are committed to the son. However, when he says "all things" he himself is excepted who has put all things under his feet.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In the scripture angels are called men. Although angels are of a different nature(immortal)than mortal man. Interestingly, the figure that was formed from the ground is referred to as man even before the breath of life was breathed into the man. Therefore, man is the image of God and his associates by being formed into a man. As Paul says there is an image of the heavenly and also an image of the earthy. They differ in glory, says he. "We shall all be changed, in the twinkling of an eye" When this mortal puts on immortality.

An angel can be a man. Because basically an angel is a messenger. But I don't know all the Hebrew words.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Everything the Father has he has given to the son. All authority in both heaven(angels)and earth(men)are committed to the son. However, when he says "all things" he himself is excepted who has put all things under his feet.

What is this about committed to the son? Do you have a verse reference?

csuguy

Hebrews 5:5 In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him,“You are my Son; today I have become your Father.”

1 Cor 15:27-28 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

John 14:28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

John 13:16 Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

John 5:23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

Oh, wait, we were supposed to provide stuff FOR the Trinity. Just ignore such all such scriptures then ;)