Eternal Security

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You failed to quote the 1 Cor 10:13 scripture from God that I used that "says so".

Liar. I quoted YOUR POST which contained it, and therefore "quoted it."

Just those convinced that God is real, and that His scriptural words carry weight.

No, not all of them, even if they do believe that.

Hoping

Banned
Liar. I quoted YOUR POST which contained it, and therefore "quoted it."
I stand "technically" corrected.
Are you a lawyer?
However, had you used the 1 Cor 10:13 verse ("There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."), in your post, every reader would have been able to see that it wasn't "me" saying that if they had put their faith in God they wouldn't have told the lies, stole the stuff, or committed the adultery.
The faithful look for, and use, the escapes God graciously provides.
No, not all of them, even if they do believe that.
Our POVs on faith differ.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I stand "technically" corrected.

That's enough for me.

It proves you aren't perfect, and that you aren't sinless.

Are you a lawyer?

No, however:

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:31&version=NKJV

However, had you used the 1 Cor 10:13 verse ("There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."), in your post,

The fact that I included it in my quote of YOUR post was enough.

every reader would have been able to see that it wasn't "me" saying that if they had put their faith in God they wouldn't have told the lies, stole the stuff, or committed the adultery.

Wouldn't have?

No, the verse says nothing of the sort.

And no, only you seem to see that, and it's because you've completely ignored (to your detriment, somewhat ironically) the verse immediately before it. Allow me to show you what it says:

Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. - 1 Corinthians 10:12-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians10:12-13&version=NKJV

First of all, your pride has gotten the better of you. You need to humble yourself before God, before you fall.

Second, to excerpt the underlined portions above:

"God . . . will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able..."

"God . . . will also make the way of escape..."

So that, when you are tempted:

"You may be able to bear it..."

1) God will not allow temptation beyond our capabilities, but that doesn't mean we WILL overcome the temptations.
2) When we ARE tempted, God has made available a way of escape, but that is no guarantee that we WILL take it.
3) We will be ABLE to bear it, but that's completely different than saying we WILL bear it.

There's uncertainty in the text regarding man's abilities, because Paul knows that we still inhabit fleshy bodies that are prone to sin, even if we are new creatures, spiritually.

There is NO GUARANTEE that we WILL WITHOUT FAIL overcome temptation, or take the escape route given to us by God, there is only the guarantee that the escape route exists.

If you can't understand that, then you need to relearn what the difference is between "will do" and "able to do" is.

The faithful look for, and use, the escapes God graciously provides.

Not always, and there are plenty of examples that show otherwise.

Our POVs on faith differ.

Yet I can provide countless examples of true believers, professing Christians, who still sin. All you have is yourself as your proof, your standard, and that's not a very high bar, let alone a good one.

Hoping

Banned
That's enough for me.
It proves you aren't perfect, and that you aren't sinless.
I've never claimed God also made me perfect in my spelling or reading the minds of, say, other posters.
Do you really feel it is a sin to misidentify a person?
You aren't a Pharisee are you?
LOL
No, however:
Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:31&version=NKJV
Does that have something to do with the conversation?
The fact that I included it in my quote of YOUR post was enough.
If you were aware of my scriptural reason for my answer, why did you ask "Because you say so?"
Scripture "said so".
Wouldn't have?
No, the verse says nothing of the sort.
I see that God provides escapes from temptation.
The faithful rejoice in those escape paths.
The unfaithful ignore them and commit sin.
And no, only you seem to see that, and it's because you've completely ignored (to your detriment, somewhat ironically) the verse immediately before it. Allow me to show you what it says:
Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. - 1 Corinthians 10:12-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians10:12-13&version=NKJV
It seems odd that you can understand the firs verse but not the second.
Only the rebellious will reject God given aid to forsake acting on a temptation.
First of all, your pride has gotten the better of you. You need to humble yourself before God, before you fall.
I can't do that by committing sin.
Second, to excerpt the underlined portions above:
"God . . . will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able..."
"God . . . will also make the way of escape..."
So that, when you are tempted:
"You may be able to bear it..."

1) God will not allow temptation beyond our capabilities, but that doesn't mean we WILL overcome the temptations.
It does if e take the "escapes".
2) When we ARE tempted, God has made available a way of escape, but that is no guarantee that we WILL take it.
The real nature of man will determine if they follow God or not.
3) We will be ABLE to bear it, but that's completely different than saying we WILL bear it.
I fail to find accommodation for sin anywhere in Jesus' or Paul's teachings.
There's uncertainty in the text regarding man's abilities, because Paul knows that we still inhabit fleshy bodies that are prone to sin, even if we are new creatures, spiritually.
My vessel is not in control.
My Godly oriented mind is.
There is no uncertainty.
Men follow who they serve.
There is NO GUARANTEE that we WILL WITHOUT FAIL overcome temptation, or take the escape route given to us by God, there is only the guarantee that the escape route exists.
You are correct, if you have not repented permanently of sin.
If you can't understand that, then you need to relearn what the difference is between "will do" and "able to do" is.
I don't accommodate sin.
I follow the lighted path.
Not always, and there are plenty of examples that show otherwise.
You and I have differing opinions on faith.
Yet I can provide countless examples of true believers, professing Christians, who still sin. All you have is yourself as your proof, your standard, and that's not a very high bar, let alone a good one.
Name one man in Christ who serves the devil.