Eternal Security !

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

False statement.

It is scripture.

1 Timothy2:3-6 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

Christ Lived and Died for all the World of His Sheep, or His Elect.

People who are not can become sheep.

Jeremiah 31:18
"I have surely heard Ephraim's moaning: 'You disciplined me like an unruly calf, and I have been disciplined. Restore me, and I will return, because you are the LORD my God.

They automatically become doers of the law through Him their Surety Heb. 7:22; Rom. 5:19.

Those scriptures do not say they automatically become doers. In fact, people were cut off. God warns us for a reason.

But the non-elect, those outside of the Election of Grace, are compelled to keep all the law perfectly or pay the wages for their own sins in the second death Rom. 6:23a; Rev. 21:8.
Those scriptures do not say that.
Now if Christ abolished death for all men 2 Tim. 1:10 without exception, there would be no second death for them to go to, it would have been abolished!

Where do you get that I said Christ saves all men?
Jesus died for all men and they can reject him, and they can go to the lake of fire.

Nanja

gt

Jesus died for all men and they can reject him, and they can go to the lake of fire.

That's teaching salvation by works a person does, which is outright heresy Eph 2:8-9!

When we compare scripture with scripture 1 Cor. 2:13, the all men of 1 Tim. 2:4 that God Wills to be saved are a remnant of humanity Rom. 11:5, the Election of Grace.

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Same goes for the all men that the Grace of God has appeared to Titus 2:11, it's the Elect of all ethnic groups, Jews as well as Gentiles.

And those of:

1 Tim. 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

The all men are the Election of Grace especially [malista], particularly those that believe, is Limited to a Particular people, jew or gentile, who Believe which is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22. But the believing that a natural man does in his own mind [ergon] is a work of the flesh which cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

beloved57

It is scripture.

1 Timothy2:3-6 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

1 Timothy 4:10 (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

People who are not can become sheep.

Jeremiah 31:18
"I have surely heard Ephraim's moaning: 'You disciplined me like an unruly calf, and I have been disciplined. Restore me, and I will return, because you are the LORD my God.

Those scriptures do not say they automatically become doers. In fact, people were cut off. God warns us for a reason.

Those scriptures do not say that.

Where do you get that I said Christ saves all men?

False statements not found in scripture !

beloved57

Paul was speaking about how we do not have to do the ceremonial works anymore.

We do have to obey.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

False comments not found in scripture ! Advocating Salvation by works !

beloved57

The Saints of God are preserved forever, thus ensuring their eternal security Ps 37:28

28 For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

His Saints are any and all who are His Elect, those He has chosen for Himself in Christ before the foundation. Even before they become believers they are His Saints, His favorites ! He has already accepted them in the Beloved Eph 1:6. They were sanctified by God the Father in eternal election and given to Christ Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

And they are preserved post their call to faith, though they shall fall many times before reaching heaven !

beloved57

The Elect, they are preserved while in sin, walking as described in Eph 2:3

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

marke

All for whom Christ died, which were Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Who also have redemption through His Blood with the forgiveness of sins Eph 1:7, they are and always have been Eternally Secured in Christ, Yes even before they become Believers, before they are even Called by the Gospel to Faith Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Before Called buy the Gospel, they had been first preserved in Jesus Christ their Saviour, which preservation denotes their Eternal Security in Christ.
God warns those who think they are saved not to assume they are saved if evidence exists that their salvation is not well grounded and exhibited in the life by evidence of the Holy Spirit. For that reason, God tells us to give diligence to make our calling and election sure so we do not deceive ourselves and find in the end that we never did meet God's requirements for forgiveness and salvation.

2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

beloved57

God warns those who think they are saved not to assume they are saved if evidence exists that their salvation is not well grounded and exhibited in the life by evidence of the Holy Spirit. For that reason, God tells us to give diligence to make our calling and election sure so we do not deceive ourselves and find in the end that we never did meet God's requirements for forgiveness and salvation.

2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
The Saints of God are preserved forever, thus ensuring their eternal security Ps 37:28

28 For the Lord loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

beloved57

Not only were the elect of God preserved while dead in all manner of sins and iniquity, He loved them while in them sins Eph 2:3-5

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ
, (by grace ye are saved)

Nothing can seperate the Elect from Gods Love for them in Christ Jesus, thats eternal security Rom 8:33-39

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us[The Elect] from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

marke

Those who are truly saved will be preserved forever. Those who are not saved but only think they are saved will fall away and never end in heaven.

Hebrews 10:29
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

beloved57

Those who are truly saved will be preserved forever. Those who are not saved but only think they are saved will fall away and never end in heaven.

Hebrews 10:29
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Do you know what preserved forever means ? First study the word preserved !

beloved57

We know the believer is eternally secure because their salvation and believing is done by God, and scripture says Ecc 3:14

14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

marke

What does preserved mean ?
For one, preserved means "kept from falling," as in

Jude 1:24
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Those fake Christians who only think they are saved but who have never repented of their sins and successfully asked Jesus to save them in the manner He prescribed will not be preserved and will most likely fall away when trouble comes.

Hebrews 6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.