Dr who?

This Charming Manc

Does the new doctor work for you?

Doctor-Who-Peter-Capaldi-12th-Doctor.jpg

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope ... I don't care for him at all. I didn't begin viewing the show until Christopher Eccleston took over. However, David Tennant made me a fan.

After viewing the first episode with the newest Doc, I took the show off of my DVR.

Last edited:

EMETH

there's only one dr who

18d494nhcvspojpg.jpg

Was he your first exposure to the Doctor? Many fans say (and it has been my personal experience) that the first incarnation of the Doctor you are exposed to usually remains your most appreciated.

In my case it was the third Doctor played by John Pertwee who will always be the defining Doctor. Though your preferred Doctor ranks a close second.

Third Doctor

Here is where my Doctor dies having sacrificed himself and the Doctor's one time mentor shows up to give him a push so he could regenerate into your Doctor.

Regeneration

This Charming Manc

Was he your first exposure to the Doctor? Many fans say (and it has been my personal experience) that the first incarnation of the Doctor you are exposed to usually remains your most appreciated.

I always loved 'our Tom' as a kid, the other Dr's were never quite the Dr. That young lad from all creatures great and small was never really the Dr.

However as a grown up I don't have the association with one of new Dr;'s as much.

However as a grown up is this telly really for me?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Haven't been able to check him out yet. Won't be on neflix for a year or so. He does look more like the "old school Dr's, so I'm hopeful.

EMETH

I always loved 'our Tom' as a kid, the other Dr's were never quite the Dr. That young lad from all creatures great and small was never really the Dr.

To me Pertwee personified the wisdom and (although sometimes hidden beneath a crust) the affection of a grandfather. To me Tom had a lot to live up to though he did it well, numbers 5,6,7 not so much.

You might like this, Anthony Ainley the fourth man to play the Master giving a rundown of the 7 doctors up to that time in his last appearance as the Master. I could see the Master evaluating the doctors like this and am happy with all his descriptions except for Tom.

Destiny of the Doctors

Caledvwlch

I like him so far. Except for that ridiculous Robin Hood dumpster fire of an episode. But Capaldi is grumpy and old and Scottish. What's not to like?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What about companions? Who's your favorite?

Of all the ones I have seen Zoe is mine. But I really like Clara and Amy, too. And we certainly cannot forget Sarah Jane.