Don't Stay In School

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

True, in fact. Children respond to stability, discipline and attention. In the schools, you get disruption, chaos and an employee running around after 30 kids. Heck, I used to teach classes of 60.

Parents are the best bet. :up:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
True, in fact. Children respond to stability, discipline and attention. In the schools, you get disruption, chaos and an employee running around after 30 kids. Heck, I used to teach classes of 60.

Parents are the best bet. :up:
Children also need substance in their education. If you have a parent or a set of parents who do not need to work but can teach science, language, math, social studies etc. Then perhaps it would work. But most parents have neither the time nor the background to be appropriate teachers
Unless of course, you are satisfied with indoctrinating your children to be religious fundamentalists. I suspect you would be content with that.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Children also need substance in their education. If you have a parent or a set of parents who do not need to work but can teach science, language, math, social studies etc. Then perhaps it would work. But most parents have neither the time nor the background to be appropriate teachers.
If you're not willing to raise your kids, you shouldn't have them.

Unless of course, you are satisfied with indoctrinating your children to be religious fundamentalists. I suspect you would be content with that.
And you're content with kids being indoctrinated with godlessness and evolution. :idunno:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
If you're not willing to raise your kids, you shouldn't have them.

And you're content with kids being indoctrinated with godlessness and evolution. :idunno:

Raised 4, all grown to be responsible adults and smart enough to have rejected your god and to accept the real world, which includes, by definition, evolution.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Raised 4, all grown to be responsible adults and smart enough to have rejected your god and to accept the real world, which includes, by definition, evolution.

Nope. Evolution is just a theory.

And you didn't raise them; you sent them off to random strangers to do all your heavy lifting.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Nope. Evolution is just a theory.

And you didn't raise them; you sent them off to random strangers to do all your heavy lifting.

Yep, a theory as opposed to the myth of creationism. I've been around here long enough to believe you know what a theory means to science. Your use of the term suggests theory means a guess. Another bit of misrepresentation by Stripe, who must think that a knowing misrepresentation is not equal to a lie, or that it is OK to lie for Jesus.

Without knowing my children, my wife or me your last comment is presumptuous and ignorant at the same time.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
As opposed to a definitional part of reality.

That's just your insecurity at play.

You did send them to school, right?

My insecurity? Yet you run your life based on myth of a god who will punish you forever if you do not believe as required. Your fear of picking the wrong side must be overwhelming. Interferes with rational thought.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My insecurity?
Yep. You declare evolution a fact then when called on it, you pretend the other guy has gotten something wrong.

You run your life based on myth of a god who will punish you forever if you do not believe as required.
Nope. Everyone will face judgement for what they have done to the same extent regardless of what they believe.

Your fear of picking the wrong side must be overwhelming. Interferes with rational thought.
Pascal's wager applies in this situation. If I'm wrong, big deal. :idunno:

But if you're wrong...

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are wrong you have lived your life in unnecessary fear rather than embracing the way it is. Your loss.

Fear of what? :idunno:

If you are wrong, you're spending an eternity of separation from your creator.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Fear of what? :idunno:

If you are wrong, you're spending an eternity of separation from your creator.

Sure you know, fear of displeasing your god and incurring his wrath, based on myth. There is no creator so I am not worried.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Fear of displeasing your god and incurring his wrath.
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, but such is His mercy, that while we were still sinners, He sent His son so that we might have liberty through Him.

Liberty != fear.

You need to learn what it is we believe before you make up reasons for you to hate it.

There is no creator so I am not worried.
Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
You need to learn what it is we believe before you make up reasons for you to hate it.

I know what you believe. I don't hate it, for the same reasons I don't hate unicorns. I just think it irrational to base your life on several thousand year old myth.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm a homeschooling mom of 23 years ago. Except for a maybe a few iffy parts, this explains a big reason of why we chose to educate our kids ourselves.

Dont stay in school.

I was taught the things in school that he complains about not being taught.

Consumer math for instance was a required course in my high school, just so we would all be prepared for adulthood. I assumed it was taught in all of them.

Daniel1611

I was taught the things in school that he complains about not being taught.

Consumer math for instance was a required course in my high school, just so we would all be prepared for adulthood. I assumed it was taught in all of them.

I used to date a girl that had a 9 year old daughter, and I helped her with her homework. The garbage they sent her home with was infuriating. I called the school at least once and they had no good answer for it.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I used to date a girl that had a 9 year old daughter, and I helped her with her homework. The garbage they sent her home with was infuriating. I called the school at least once and they had no good answer for it.

Even non-parents are better qualified to teach?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You said Christians run their lives based on the notion that God would punish them over their beliefs, but everyone will face judgement to the same extent for what they have done regardless of what they believe.