Don't Stay In School

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Wow. Well, this 9 year old brought home a book to read. She struggles with reading still so I would try to help. This book was called like Alkahrbaadjkah Helps Mommy Make Dinner. "First AlkHrbaadjkah gets out the bljsyhkilm and some krighnithjk and they mix it together."

The books got all these weird foreign words. The kids trying to learn to read English. I can't even tell her how to say this gibberish. I asked the school why they would use such books, especially for children who are just learning to read.

9 years old and "just learning to read"? Hunh, one of the things you should do as a parent from day one is teach your kid to read. You wouldn't want the godless school system to do that would you? And its easy, read to your kid, go to the library, buy books. Takes time.
And if you are a really good parent you might even sneak in a second language, that way your kid would not necessarily think foreign words are gibberish and your kid would turn out smarter than you.

Daniel1611

9 years old and "just learning to read"? Hunh, one of the things you should do as a parent from day one is teach your kid to read. You wouldn't want the godless school system to do that would you? And its easy, read to your kid, go to the library, buy books. Takes time.
And if you are a really good parent you might even sneak in a second language, that way your kid would not necessarily think foreign words are gibberish and your kid would turn out smarter than you.

I definitely would. It wasn't my kid though and didn't meet her till she was 8. It drove me nuts that no one apparently made sure she could read. I read constantly. My house is a basically a library. When I have kids , they'll be homeschooled .

Daniel1611

Wonderful, since you apparently think other cultures not worth the effort any kids you have will be social Luddites. Just what this country needs.

Lol! How you gonna diss me when you don't even know me? Half of the million books in my house are about other cultures, especially ancient cultures. If you teach your children, you would make them presumptuous, elitist tools I'm sure.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Lol! How you gonna diss me when you don't even know me? Half of the million books in my house are about other cultures, especially ancient cultures. If you teach your children, you would make them presumptuous, elitist tools I'm sure.

You're kidding, right? You clearly made fun of another language/culture. And I have taught my children. All 4. Elitist, golly gee, let me ask my oldest, the M.D. who spends part of her vacation with medical teams to Central and South America. But to do that, she had to learn---a different language, imagine!!

Or the youngest who spends part of his time providing pro bono legal services.

Ah well, good luck to any home schooled children you might have.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Nobody said anything about levels of heaven. :idunno:
Except you did, see post #53 where I asked, based on your earlier posts:

"Are there levels in heaven depending on how "good" you were on earth?"

And you replied:

"Kinda."

What are "kinda levels"?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Calling the terms used by other cultures "gibberish" tells us a lot more about you than you probably want us to know.

Yeah. That I'm pretty much half Mexican , and speak Spanish.

Let me guess... some of your best friends are gibberish. Connie might be impressed with that game, but the rest of us aren't.

I sure wouldn't know about anything except white Murican culture.

That would explain why you call what other people speak "gibberish." You offended when other bigots say that about Spanish?

Daniel1611

Barbarian observes:
Calling the terms used by other cultures "gibberish" tells us a lot more about you than you probably want us to know.

Let me guess... some of your best friends are gibberish. Connie might be impressed with that game, but the rest of us aren't.

That would explain why you call what other people speak "gibberish." You offended when other bigots say that about Spanish?

My maternal grandparents are Mexicans. Well, my grandfather is Mexican, my grandmother is part Mexican. So I was referring to my family, not just my friends.

And if we spoke Spanish to people who don't, it would be gibberish to them.

I had to lol when you pulled that liberal garbage "ha I guess you have Mexican friends". No, I have Mexican grandparents. And Mexican friends. Way to be an overly sensitive politically correct elitist and a bigot at the same time, though. That was impressive.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
I feel confident that with time and counseling, you'll get over it.

Get over what? Stripe, just think, if you were able to convince me of Jesus and your God, you would be able to take a heavenly escalator to a higher level. That would be special.
Instead you give up. Ah well. You certainly would not have been one of the 12.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Get over what? Stripe, just think, if you were able to convince me of Jesus and your God, you would be able to take a heavenly escalator to a higher level. That would be special.
Instead you give up. Ah well. You certainly would not have been one of the 12.

Where do you get any warped idea that anyone else is responsible for your salvation or lack of it?

2) Where do you get any warped idea that we get anything special or a higher level of anything if you were to get saved?

3) Why do you think he should respond to your asinine post since you dont know what you are talking about?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Ask the person who told you they exist.

I did, Stripe did not provide any further information. See Post #53.
Stripe had earlier said that everyone would be judged based on what they had done in life. I asked if you were saved, what difference did your good works make, did you get a higher level in heaven if your works were judged better and Stripe said "kinda". Just looking for more explanation. Stripe has not been forthcoming.

There is clearly a split in Christian theology----saved by faith alone and saved by faith and works. Stripe seems to want both.