Does the Calvinist Doctrine of Predestination Eliminate Christ and His Gospel?

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course it does. That is the motive behind all religions. If you have been declared by God from the foundation of the world to be saved, then you don't need Christ, nor do you need his Gospel. You have gone from unsaved to saved by the word of God. A declaration by God is the same as when God spoke and declared this universe into existence.

This is why Calvinism is known as the "Christless Christianity" and is an insult to us who have been saved and justified by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We who are saved have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him and his Gospel. It is a humbling thing to recognize that you are a lost sinner and acknowledge that Christ and Christ alone is your savior. This is why the religious are looking for other ways to be saved. They don't want to come by the way of the cross. They, like the Calvinist want to be predestinated so that they don't have to come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him. They won't admit it, but that is what it is all about.

Its not going to work. The only ones that are going to be saved are the ones that profess Christ and Christ alone as their savior. If you add anything to the Gospel, such as works, predestination, obedience, religion, etc, it is no longer the Gospel, it becomes a perverted Gospel, Galatians 1:6-10. There is only one Gospel by which we are saved and it is not the Calvinist Gospel or the Catholic Gospel or whatever Gospel. We are saved and justified by the doing and the dying Gospel of Jesus Christ, plus nothing.

In the Gospel that saves, Jesus embraces our humanity and becomes one with us, but not one of us. By his righteous, sinless life he fulfills God's Holy Law and in doing so offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his law. He does this in our name and on our behalf, just like we did it our selves. It was his life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

That was not enough. Something had to be done about our sins and the sins of the whole world. This is why John wrote, "He is a propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" 1 John 2:2. Jesus, in our name, in our place and on our behalf atones for our sins and the sins of the whole world. All of the conditions for the salvation of fallen man have been met in Jesus Christ. When God accepted Jesus into heaven we were accepted in him. We are complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can stand before God in the judgment as justified. No religion needed. This salvation that God has provided for us in Jesus Christ is a gift from God, it cannot be earned or deserved. Our part is to receive God's great free gift of salvation, no strings attached. John 1:12.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Extremists are found in all groups

Extremists are found in all groups

I have seen two Calvinists on this forum who say that the elect are saved before they believe the gospel.

Take to Calvinism and it will make you stupid!
I have seen an Arminian that actually thinks Jesus Christ existed in heaven with a physical body before He was born of the Virgin Mary.

Talk to an Arminian and it will make you...

Do you now see the foolishness of your statement, Jerry? Extremists are found in all groups of believers. So trying to make some shaming type of point along those lines, keep beameyeremove it in mind. :AMR:

AMR

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

I have seen an Arminian that actually thinks Jesus Christ existed in heaven with a physical body before He was born of the Virgin Mary.

Do you still insist that there is no "cause and effect" relationship between faith and salvation despite the fact that Paul and those who answered the following question said otherwise?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

You do not even understand the most basic truth found in the gospel of grace. All you understand is the false teaching put forth by the Calvinists!

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ignoring Responses A Sign of Carelessness

Ignoring Responses A Sign of Carelessness

Do you still insist that there is no "cause and effect" relationship between faith and salvation despite the fact that Paul and those who answered the following question said otherwise?:
"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

You do not even understand the most basic truth found in the gospel of grace. All you understand is the false teaching put forth by the Calvinists!
Why ignore the actual point I was making? Just once how about actually acknowledging what has been given in responses to your posts.

Now as to your repeat of the same tired topic:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...tic-Nonsense&p=4900344&viewfull=1#post4900344

AMR

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Asked and Answered - Fall of Adam

Asked and Answered - Fall of Adam

No matter what actual point which you made you said that there is no "cause and effect" relationship between faith and salvation. Do you still believe that?
Asked and answered. I fear explanations explanatory of things explained:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...d-His-Gospel&p=4945626&viewfull=1#post4945626

Please take the same time as do I in reading your posts before I respond that you should do for my own.

So, Jerry and Robert, stop with the schoolyard, "You first!" games:

Answer my question and I will answer yours.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Our Lord's Existence Before the Incarnation

Our Lord's Existence Before the Incarnation

Daniel 3:25 is my answer to your question.
As usual, your mere quoting a verse and declaring victory is no substitute for actual hermeneutical analysis of the same.

Nothing therein in the actual theophany exhibited in Dan. 3:25, teaches that Our Lord has always existed with a human body, even prior to His incarnation. You and Jerry are wonderful bedfellows if you are going to claim this. So rather than being tentative and coy, just come out with it and state plainly that you either agree with Jerry or you do not.

Has Our Lord Jesus Christ always existed with a human body, even before His actual birth by the virgin Mary?

Yes or No is all that is required here, Robert.

AMR

Last edited: