Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Does God Have Favorites?

Yes.

1b8tdf.jpg

Ben Masada

Does God Have Favorites?

Find out for yourself by reading the Tanach. If I give you the quotes, I am sure you won't believe it.

Nanja

pate

Of course He does, Deut 7:6-7

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people

Exactly Brother, those verses are a perfect example that God always had a Special People unto Himself:

The Israel of God; The Election of Grace Rom. 11:5 2 Tim. 1:9, the Chosen Seed in Union with Christ Eph.1:4-5; Gal. 3:16, 29; the only People Promised Salvation:

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation:
ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

And they are the Peculiar People spoken of in Titus 2:14.

Titus 2:13-14
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Christ gave Himself for a "peculiar people".

I found that the word peculiar is the Greek periousios and means:

1. that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions

A. a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

περιούσιος perioúsios, per-ee-oo'-see-os; from the present participle feminine of a compound of G4012 and G1510;

being beyond usual, i.e. special (one's own):—peculiar.

~~~~

beloved57

Without the Son, no one has the Father. No one.

1 John 2:23
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [but] he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

Does God Have Favorites?

Find out for yourself by reading the Tanach. If I give you the quotes, I am sure you won't believe it.

Don't you believe that God is a golden calf?

beloved57

Nanja

Exactly Brother, those verses are a perfect example that God always had a Special People unto Himself:

The Israel of God; The Election of Grace Rom. 11:5 2 Tim. 1:9, the Chosen Seed in Union with Christ Eph.1:4-5; Gal. 3:16, 29; the only People Promised Salvation:

Is. 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation:
ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

And they are the Peculiar People spoken of in Titus 2:14.

Titus 2:13-14
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Christ gave Himself for a "peculiar people".

I found that the word peculiar is the Greek periousios and means:

1. that which is one's own, belonging to one's possessions

A. a people selected by God from the other nations for his own possession

περιούσιος perioúsios, per-ee-oo'-see-os; from the present participle feminine of a compound of G4012 and G1510;

being beyond usual, i.e. special (one's own):—peculiar.

Excellent Post!

beloved57

Without the Son, no one has the Father. No one.

1 John 2:23
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: [but] he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

It doesn't say that God "loves" some more than others like you claimed in your false statement.

It doesn't say He doesn't. It states that God has favorites !

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
It doesn't say that God "loves" some more than others like you claimed in your false statement.

You all abuse the sentiment of God's love. You preach it to pacify people with your conflicted theology, but then when Hell is brought up, you have a hard time defending an idea of how a being let's those they love be condemned for eternity.

God loves according to His divine providence, in which he will show another love by condemning the wicked next to them.

Sorry to bust up what appears to be cognitive dissonance in your notions, but the God of the Old Testament smashed the enemies of His people and swallowed them into an abyss. I think you all need to look at the more gritty side of Christianity, as everyone in John Calvin's time- and everyone before- were very aware of such.

Robert Pate

Banned
You all abuse the sentiment of God's love. You preach it to pacify people with your conflicted theology, but then when Hell is brought up, you have a hard time defending an idea of how a being let's those they love be condemned for eternity.

God loves according to His divine providence, in which he will show another love by condemning the wicked next to them.

Sorry to bust up what appears to be cognitive dissonance in your notions, but the God of the Old Testament smashed the enemies of His people and swallowed them into an abyss. I think you all need to look at the more gritty side of Christianity, as everyone in John Calvin's time- and everyone before- were very aware of such.

You think and believe that God is unjust and is sinner just like you.

You cannot have saving faith in your kind of God.

beloved57

You teach that God is unjust because you teach that people Christ died for, took away their sins, that they still wind up lost in their sins!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Sin literally means to 'miss the mark'. If God grants eternal blessings to someone who will become unholy then it is, by the literal meaning, sin.

You believe in a god who makes mistakes, and reduce His sovereignty to the mediocre ways of man. And more so, you see God as a beggar just sitting on the wayside hoping we'll come.

:nono:

That's the key problem to your entire theology and since you apparently cannot address it, these conversations are pointless.

You've been repeating the same thing a thousand different ways. How many anti-Calvinist threads have you made Pate?
And they all end up the same.
It's foolishness :rolleyes: