Discussion 12th Grade and down

ShadowMaid

I have seen that many other people that I have talked with are interested in some of the debates going on that are 1 on 1. They can talk about it here. :)

Christine

Our discussion is boring? :shocked: If this topic is boring, why are so many of the adults discussing it? ;)

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
It may take me longer than planned for me to post a response Christine. I have a couple things going on for the next week so I'm not sure how much time I can devote to it. Sorry about the delay.

Christine

Originally posted by Imrahil

It may take me longer than planned for me to post a response Christine. I have a couple things going on for the next week so I'm not sure how much time I can devote to it. Sorry about the delay.
That's ok Imrahil. That gives me a chance to finish up a few things that, when finished, will allow me to devote more time to this. :)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Imrahil

Maybe the adults are boring. Who knows?
I'm not boring... of course there are some people who would debate whether I'm actually an adult... :chuckle:

Imrahil

LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Zakath

I'm not boring... of course there are some people who would debate whether I'm actually an adult... :chuckle:
How often do you debate this subject?

Griffin

Howdie everyone, it's my first post here, so I thought this dry thread would be the preferred place for this. I'm in grade 11 in Canada, attend a Private Mennonite school, been raised Christian Scientist all my life, though I should mention I'm a strong athiest.

Look forward to posting more, and figuring out how to get cool stuff on the left, maybe a star.

ShadowMaid

Cool. Welcome to TOL. :) Glad to have you... and I can think of some other people who are happier that you're on their side. ;)

Greywolf

Originally posted by Griffin
Howdie everyone, it's my first post here, so I thought this dry thread would be the preferred place for this. I'm in grade 11 in Canada, attend a Private Mennonite school, been raised Christian Scientist all my life, though I should mention I'm a strong athiest.

Look forward to posting more, and figuring out how to get cool stuff on the left, maybe a star.

Welcome Griffin.

If your interested, you can add an avatar under your username by clicking on the "Profile" link at the top of the page, and then clicking on the "Edit Options" link. You can change your avatar at the bottom of the page. You have to post though if you want stars.

Yellow star= 10 posts
Blue star=100 posts
Green star=1000 posts
Purple star= no life, err... I mean, 10000 posts.

And again, welcome to TOL.

Christine

Welcome to TOL Griffin. I look forward to engaging in a debate or two with you. :wave: :)

Griffin

Unfortunately I missed the public education vs. home school debate; I would have liked to add my private school input. I'm also taking Calculus by home school and went to public school for 6 years.

Anyways, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I think an interesting debate would be the role of religion in schools. The Pledge with "under God", how to approach the teaching of Religious Studies, where do we separate?

Greywolf

Unfortunately I missed the public education vs. home school debate

Actually, you might not have. There is Battle Royal Jr. (big debate) in the works, over homeschooling vs. public schooling (we still have some scheduling conflicts to work out).

I would have liked to add my private school input. I'm also taking Calculus by home school and went to public school for 6 years.

As the only private schooler here (to the best of my knowledge anyway), your input would be very interesting.

Anyways, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I think an interesting debate would be the role of religion in schools. The Pledge with "under God", how to approach the teaching of Religious Studies, where do we separate?

You could start a new thread in the forums if you wanted. I think that that would be an interesting topic to discuss.

Christine

Why don't you start another thread? This topic would be of interest to me, especially since my views may differ from other Christian youth on this board. :)