Dinosaurs

Interplanner

Correct... physical death entered our world when Adam and Eve sinned.

Rather than get your info from someone who is a known compromiser. ...you can get your info straight from the Bible.
Gen. 1:29 "Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so."

That sounds like an argument that you got from Ross? :)

Plants in Gen. 1 are not described as living beings.. 'nepesh'.*

Go on. Is there some mysterious doctrine like this one about why it was OK to eat meat after the sin and judgement? I've never heard of it. I've never heard of fish and creatures in the sea and wild animals that were not carnivores or that suddenly changed to eating meat due to the disruption of mankind's sin. Sounds like a strange twist of Judaism. But I'll listen to what you have to say.

6days

Go on. Is there some mysterious doctrine like this one about why it was OK to eat meat after the sin and judgement? I've never heard of it.
It isn't mysterious... and it isn't a doctrine.
But death entered our world only after man sinned.
Gen. 1:29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.”
Later ...Post flood.
Gen. 9:2,3 "The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything"

Interplanner

It isn't mysterious... and it isn't a doctrine.
But death entered our world only after man sinned.
Gen. 1:29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.”
Later ...Post flood.
Gen. 9:2,3 "The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything"

Sorry, but why is he saying that in 9 when he already had them killed in ch 3?

6days

interplanner said:
6days said:
Death entered our world only after man sinned.
Later ...Post flood.
Sorry, but why is he saying that in 9 when he already had them killed in ch 3?

Chapter 3... sin had already entered the world. God's very good creation was already corrupted. You are correct that it seems the first death after sin seems to be a sacrifice of something pure and innocent to atone for that sin.... a picture of pure and innocent Last Adam atoning for our sin.*

Re. your point about chapter 3..... we were talking about food. *Wouldn't you agree it seems plain from the text that God did not give permission to eat everything until Genesis 9? And that in chapter 1 it seems God has humans and animals on a vegetarian diet. IE. No death before sin?

Interplanner

Chapter 3... sin had already entered the world. God's very good creation was already corrupted. You are correct that it seems the first death after sin seems to be a sacrifice of something pure and innocent to atone for that sin.... a picture of pure and innocent Last Adam atoning for our sin.*

Re. your point about chapter 3..... we were talking about food. *Wouldn't you agree it seems plain from the text that God did not give permission to eat everything until Genesis 9? And that in chapter 1 it seems God has humans and animals on a vegetarian diet. IE. No death before sin?

So why WAIT until 9 to say so?

You're also bordering on the bizarre here by having (now) carnivores NOT eating meat until sin occurs; what did they have to do with man's sin? It's also a bit Saint Francis-esque where he goes and preaches the Gospel to the animals.

The verb of Gen 4:7 is that of a lion ready to pounce for a kill. "Crouching." And I don't think anyone says that keeping flocks and bringing fat portions in 4:2-4 indicates vegetarian diet!

6days

You're also bordering on the bizarre here by having (now) carnivores NOT eating meat until sin occurs; what did they have to do with man's sin?
You keep denying what God clearly says, to try justify your false beliefs.
Who are you trying to pass judgment on God? Were animals effected by mans sin at the time of the flood? Yes of course.
Genesis 6
12 God saw ... all the people on earth had corrupted their ways.
13 So God said ... 17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.
Genesis 7
21 Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. 22 Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. 23 Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out.

From God's Word, it seems quite apparent that there was no death to 'nepesh' (living beings) until after sin entered the world. We know God calls death the enemy, so its hard to imagine Him calling creation "very good" if death was common.

Interplanner, you always add to scripture or spin it to fit your beliefs. But again... God says, "And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” It would seem from that is that carnivore activity did not exist in God's "very good" creation.

The verb of Gen 4:7 is that of a lion ready to pounce for a kill. "Crouching." And I don't think anyone says that keeping flocks and bringing fat portions in 4:2-4 indicates vegetarian diet!
Genesis 4?? Yes, sin entered the world and God cursed creation in Genesis 2