DIFFERENT MINISTRIES

DougE

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Jesus was a minister to the circumcision, Israel.

Romans 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

Paul was the minister to the Gentiles.

Right Divider

Body part
Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Romans 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

BINGO!!

1Co 12:5 KJV And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

beloved57

Yes but he preached to jews as well! And Peter preached to the Gentiles first Acts 10

Right Divider

Body part
Yes but he preached to jews as well!

Paul preached the gospel of the grace of God to UNBELIEVING Jews. Woopee!!

And Peter preached to the Gentiles first Acts 10
Acts 10 is AFTER Acts 9.

Act 9:15-16 KJV But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: (16) For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Paul was ALREADY sent to the gentiles BEFORE Peter went to a RIGHTEOUS gentile.

Peter was NOT the first to preach to gentiles... and in Acts 10, Peter was NOT preaching the gospel of the grace of God. Peter was preaching to a RIGHTEOUS gentile.

Act 10:1-2 KJV There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, (2) A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Who were "the people" to whom Cornelius gave "much alms"? (Hint: Israel)

1Co 12:5 KJV And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

Last edited:

oatmeal

Yeah very good

DAN P

Yes but he preached to jews as well! And Peter preached to the Gentiles first Acts 10

Hi B 57 and why did Peter talk to CORNELIUS as in Acts 10:28 , that a Jewish man was NOT to JOIN or come NEAR a FOREIGNER ??

Answer is in Acts 10:35 !!

And why was Cornelius and those with him RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT ?

Then in Acts 10:48 were WATER BAPTIZED , so Cornelius and those with him were BAPTIZED TWICE , WHY ????????

Should be a SOFT BALL for a CALVINIST , RIGHT ??

dan p

Bradley D

Jesus choose Paul to be a minister to the Gentiles.

“Go!” said the Lord. “This man is My chosen instrument to carry My name before the Gentiles and their kings, and before the people of Israel. I will show him how much he must suffer for My name” (Acts 9:15-16).