Did God Save Adam the Same Day He Sinned?

Ben Masada

Do you think Christ played any role in Adam's salvation that day he sinned and was saved?

Samie, I told you already; Adam did not sin that day in the Garden of Eden. He rather made use of the concept of "Catch-22" and ended up by fulfilling God's will.

Ben Masada

Poor me. Am I wasting my time?

I wonder why I am letting you waste my time! Count your blessings for the time of the blessed. When king Balak promised silver and gold to Balaam to curse Israel, Balaam answered and said that for all the wealth in the world, he could not cursed the blessed. (Numb. 22:12)

Ben Masada

Is this explained anywhere in the Tanakh?

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

You won't find the term "Catch-22" but if you undress yourself from the linen of Christian preconceived notions, you will be able to see the truth of Logic. I had read about Ulisses in his way back home and I figured that the writer had read the Genesis allegory of Creation. For instance, when Adam ate of the tree of knowledge, did he die as God said he would? No, because he rather obeyed God's will. Hence, "Catch-22".

JonahofAkron

You won't find the term "Catch-22" but if you undress yourself from the linen of Christian preconceived notions, you will be able to see the truth of Logic. I had read about Ulisses in his way back home and I figured that the writer had read the Genesis allegory of Creation. For instance, when Adam ate of the tree of knowledge, did he die as God said he would? No, because he rather obeyed God's will. Hence, "Catch-22".
I'm having a hard time with this. Is this a Talmudic thought? Where did you come across this?

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Those resurrected in the second resurrection are innocent of sin.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who says God did not save Adam?

God. Adam ate the fruit and died. Now show that he was given the gift of life.

Romans 5

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

Death rained over Adam. Like I said, who says Adam is saved?

daqq

God. Adam ate the fruit and died. Now show that he was given the gift of life.

Romans 5

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

Death rained over Adam. Like I said, who says Adam is saved?

God also says Adam lived:

Revelation 13:8 KJV
8 And all that dwell
["permanent dwellers"] upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Where do you suppose the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world may be found? It is found right after Genesis 4, the book of the dead, which contains the names of Cain and his seed. And why can I say this? Because although the names of Cain and his offspring are written in the Torah they are never said to have "lived", and therefore they are dead, and yet they became "permanent dwellers" upon the earth, (Revelation 13:8), and were cursed to roam the earth as nomad wanderers, (land of Nod, "wandering"). Yet Adam is written to have lived:

Genesis 5:3-5 KJV
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Also concerning Eve:

Genesis 3:20 KJV
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve;
[Chavah-Life] because she was the mother of all living [all life].

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God told Adam he would die twice. When Adam sinned there was no Savoir at that time. Now there is a Savior to spare people from the second death and Adam will have his opportunity for salvation at the Last Day, thanks to Jesus Christ.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
God told Adam he would die twice. When Adam sinned there was no Savoir at that time. Now there is a Savior to spare people from the second death and Adam will have his opportunity for salvation at the Last Day, thanks to Jesus Christ.
John 6:40 KJV -

And the dead in Christ shall rise first

1 Thessalonians 4:16 KJV -

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God also says Adam lived:

Where? You did not show where. Paul says death reigned over Adam. Paul did not contradict himself. Your post has nothing to do with the demon possessed false gospel of Calvinism or say Adam is saved.

daqq

Where? You did not show where. Paul says death reigned over Adam. Paul did not contradict himself. Your post has nothing to do with the demon possessed false gospel of Calvinism or say Adam is saved.

Yes, I did post "where", but you simply chose not to see it:

Yet Adam is written to have lived:

Genesis 5:3-5 KJV
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:
4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
5 And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Also concerning Eve:

Genesis 3:20 KJV
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve;
[Chavah-Life] because she was the mother of all living [all life].

This does not mean they did not physically die. Therefore death reigned as Paul says. Moses also appeared in the transfiguration event before Golgotha, (and that was IN the Land). God is not the God of the dead but the God of the living: Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob therefore lived, even before the resurrection of Yeshua, and that is according to the doctrine of Yeshua. Insinuating that I am a Calvinist after what I have been put through from the likes of Dialm and his Nazi vitriol only shows that you are willing to make things up about people you do not know.

Samie

I'd rather read the Bible this time. I wasted my time reading the link you gave and nothing there about the resurrection you are harping that occurred in 70 AD.

Samie

Did God Implement the Plan of Redemption the Day Adam Sinned?

Yes. Right on the same day man sinned, God implemented the plan of redemption devised before the beginning of time. This plan is revealed in the life, death, resurrection and high priestly ministry in the heavenly sanctuary of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. This is why Jesus is the Lamb SLAIN from the foundation of the world. God saved Adam in Christ the day he sinned and reinstated him to his pre-fall spiritual status. With Adam in Christ, all his descendants are born in Christ and therefore born spiritually alive instead of born spiritually dead in sin. Born spiritually alive being in Christ and part of His Body, they have His Power to overcome evil with good. And all overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life but will be seated with Christ - Who Himself is also an overcomer - in His throne.

This, in a nutshell, is to my understanding, the gospel that Jesus wanted preached to the world just before He comes again. Matt 24:14.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Did God Implement the Plan of Redemption the Day Adam Sinned?

Yes. Right on the same day man sinned, God implemented the plan of redemption devised before the beginning of time. This plan is revealed in the life, death, resurrection and high priestly ministry in the heavenly sanctuary of our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ. This is why Jesus is the Lamb SLAIN from the foundation of the world. God saved Adam in Christ the day he sinned and reinstated him to his pre-fall spiritual status. With Adam in Christ, all his descendants are born in Christ and therefore born spiritually alive instead of born spiritually dead in sin. Born spiritually alive being in Christ and part of His Body, they have His Power to overcome evil with good. And all overcomers will not be blotted out from the book of life but will be seated with Christ - Who Himself is also an overcomer - in His throne.

This, in a nutshell, is to my understanding, the gospel that Jesus wanted preached to the world just before He comes again. Matt 24:14.

No, the plan was implemented from eternity past.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

iamaberean

I'd rather read the Bible this time. I wasted my time reading the link you gave and nothing there about the resurrection you are harping that occurred in 70 AD.

Luk 21:5 And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,
Luk 21:6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
Luk 21:7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Luk 21:33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
Today's Christians do not relate heaven and earth as being the temple of God and God's people, but the Jews understand it.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
The new heaven and earth (temple and people) replaced the old heaven and earth (temple and people} and there was no more sea (separation of Jews and Gentiles}.

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

The destruction of Jerusalem and the temple in 70 AD is a historic fact and there is no need for a message from God to confirm it happened.