Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartman

I believe Jesus is a spirit now.

He was a man when He was on earth, and He returned to his original spirit self when He was resurrected, and went back to His Father.
Nope. Jesus is "flesh and bone" now, and forever. And, he will "change our body to be like his glorious body" when he returns.

Dartman

Meaning, look for the shema in what Paul wrote. It's there. Look at the words in red and blue. Look at the sameness of what Paul is saying. Paul is pointing out something very important for all Jews to see.
Yes, Paul as a Jew, worshiped the same God Jesus and the other Jews worshiped;

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: WE know what WE worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

The Jews have NEVER been trinitarian/oneness!!
Under the Mosaic Law, Israel (which includes the Jews), were God's chosen people. They WERE God's kingdom. The Jews have NEVER been trinitarian/oneness!!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Nope. Jesus is "flesh and bone" now, and forever. And, he will "change our body to be like his glorious body" when he returns.

I knew you will chime in. But I still disagree. I will explain why later. I have to go now.

thanks.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Holy Spirit is the active force by which God gets things done. The same as the force in the Star Wars movies.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
No, that's Buddhism, mysticism....

Cover-7.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame
I knew you will chime in. But I still disagree. I will explain why later. I have to go now.

thanks.

Quite irrelevant that you disagree with this:

Luke 24:39 KJV Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Ephesians 5:30 KJV for we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

dcon

BANNED
Banned
Quite irrelevant that you disagree with this:

Luke 24:39 KJV Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Ephesians 5:30 KJV for we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
That would be in reference to Jesus, not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is simply that, not flesh and blood.

dcon

BANNED
Banned
According to the Bible, flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom, and Jesus is now King of that Kingdom.

Dartman

According to the Bible, flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom, and Jesus is now King of that Kingdom.
Correct.

Jesus is no longer flesh and blood, he is flesh and bone.

Mortal life is mechanically sustained by the blood;

Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Jesus is made/kept alive by his God's spirit.

1 Cor 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Rom 8:11 But if the spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His spirit that dwelleth in you.

glorydaz

Wow...

"For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you. Here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere! Yes, even between the land and the ship."

Yoda

Never LIE to the force. ;)

Acts 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?​

glorydaz

Yes, Paul as a Jew, worshiped the same God Jesus and the other Jews worshiped;

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: WE know what WE worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

The Jews have NEVER been trinitarian/oneness!!
Under the Mosaic Law, Israel (which includes the Jews), were God's chosen people. They WERE God's kingdom. The Jews have NEVER been trinitarian/oneness!!

The Jews were as blind to the truth as you are. Oops, could be why they are cast aside.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Correct.

Jesus is no longer flesh and blood, he is flesh and bone.

Mortal life is mechanically sustained by the blood;

Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Jesus is made/kept alive by his God's spirit.

1 Cor 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Rom 8:11 But if the spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His spirit that dwelleth in you.

Spiritual body is spirit, not flesh and bone.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Jesus was raised from the dead, made immortal, in the same body He had been crucified in, as we also shall be, according to the scriptures.

1Co 15:17 And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!
1Co 15:18 Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished.
1Co 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men the most pitiable.
1Co 15:20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming.

1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption.
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, "THE FIRST MAN ADAM BECAME A LIVING BEING." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
1Co 15:46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

1Co 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption.
1Co 15:51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—
1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP IN VICTORY."

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was raised from the dead, made immortal, in the same body He had been crucified in, as we also shall be, according to the scriptures.

He was risen to be back to His old self, spirit. Jesus was not flesh before God put him to Mary's womb.

You see, no one recognized Him after He was risen, it is because He was not a flesh anymore.

He had to tell them it is Him.

Dartman

No, the myth of Ghosts dictates that ghosts don't have flesh and bone. There is no such thing.
I know, Jesus rebuked the apostles for their superstitious assumption, proving that even in the context of the myth he couldn't be a ghost, since he is "flesh and bone".

But, since you seem to think otherwise, please show where Jesus STOPPED being flesh and bones.
And, I am not asking merely to determine the timing, I am asking for a Scripture that explains your theory.
And, while your at it, a Scripture that explains your theory of "spirit beings". Luke 24 doesn't count.... it's about what the apostles DIDN'T see ... they thought they saw a myth.

john w

Hall of Fame
That would be in reference to Jesus, not the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is simply that, not flesh and blood.

You need to pay attention to the flow, the argument presented. Pay attention:

"Originally Posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
still is a man."
Meshak's response:

I believe Jesus is a spirit now.

He was a man when He was on earth, and He returned to his original spirit self when He was resurrected, and went back to His Father.

So, you asserting that the passages I quoted were a reference "to the Lord Jesus Christ, and not the Holy Spirit" is true, and was my point, but you misstated/misunderstood what Meshak said, asserted, argued.

No scripture asserts that He is not a man, with "flesh and bones," now.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, the myth of Ghosts dictates that ghosts don't have flesh and bone. There is no such thing.
I know, Jesus rebuked the apostles for their superstitious assumption, proving that even in the context of the myth he couldn't be a ghost, since he is "flesh and bone".

But, since you seem to think otherwise, please show where Jesus STOPPED being flesh and bones.
And, I am not asking merely to determine the timing, I am asking for a Scripture that explains your theory.
And, while your at it, a Scripture that explains your theory of "spirit beings". Luke 24 doesn't count.... it's about what the apostles DIDN'T see ... they thought they saw a myth.

then how do you explain why those disciples could not recognize Jesus after He resurrected?

Status
Not open for further replies.