Did Christ know He was fully God?

glorydaz

Shalom.

Great question. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I do not believe that Jesus is the Father, God, the Father of the Son of God, Jesus. I do not know the term or words fully God. Did Jesus know that He is the Son of God? I believe yes.

Shalom.

Jacob

Then He also knew He was God, even if you don't. All things were created by Him. John 1:2-3. He was with God and was God in the beginning. John 1:1. He became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14.

So, did Jesus know that which John knew and clearly stated?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Then He also knew He was God, even if you don't. All things were created by Him. John 1:2-3. He was with God and was God in the beginning. John 1:1. He became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14.

So, did Jesus know that which John knew and clearly stated?
Shalom.

I do not deny anything that John wrote. I do want to understand it correctly.

I do not know the answer to your question. I believe that Jesus knew who He is.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

I do not deny anything that John wrote. I do want to understand it correctly.

I do not know the answer to your question. I believe that Jesus knew who He is.

Shalom.

Jacob

Well, John makes it clear. His Gospel is the one that stresses our Lord's Deity.

Jesus is the Word that was with God and was God in the beginning. It's His name.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, John makes it clear. His Gospel is the one that stresses our Lord's Deity.

Jesus is the Word that was with God and was God in the beginning. It's His name.

Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.​
Shalom.

I believe in the Deity of Christ as the Son of God. I do not know that with what I know like a level of training or knowledge, that I can approve of what you are saying. I do believe that Yeshua is the Word made flesh. I do not know what to believe now.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

I believe in the Deity of Christ as the Son of God. I do not know that with what I know like a level of training or knowledge, that I can approve of what you are saying. I do believe that Yeshua is the Word made flesh. I do not know what to believe now.

Shalom.

Jacob

Just try to believe what John is saying. Jesus (the Word of God) was with God and was God in the beginning. John 1:1

John says He created all things. John 1:2-3 Then He became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14 See that?

John also tells us that John the Baptist is the one prophesied in Isaiah as the voice crying in the wilderness, "Prepare ye the way for OUR GOD". Notice how it's the Apostle John who makes it so clear that the Word (Jesus Christ) is the same one Isaiah spoke of as OUR GOD.

John 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Just try to believe what John is saying. Jesus (the Word of God) was with God and was God in the beginning. John 1:1

John says He created all things. John 1:2-3 Then He became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:14 See that?

John also tells us that John the Baptist is the one prophesied in Isaiah as the voice crying in the wilderness, "Prepare ye the way for OUR GOD". Notice how it's the Apostle John who makes it so clear that the Word (Jesus Christ) is the same one Isaiah spoke of as OUR GOD.

John 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

Isaiah 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.​
Shalom.

It is possible that you are misusing Scripture. You should think about that.

I do not know if I can read in or substitute Jesus in the first words or verses of John, but I do read and understand John 1:14 (I have) by the time I get to it. That is, we can't read words or an understanding in too early. Rather we should not accept what is not there. With your other verses or Scriptures it is a different issue and I am unfamiliar with it. In John 1 the word was with God and the word was God.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

It is possible that you are misusing Scripture. You should think about that.

I do not know if I can read in or substitute Jesus in the first words or verses of John, but I do read and understand John 1:14 (I have) by the time I get to it. That is, we can't read words or an understanding in too early. Rather we should not accept what is not there. With your other verses or Scriptures it is a different issue and I am unfamiliar with it. In John 1 the word was with God and the word was God.

Shalom.

Jacob

No, it is not possible that I am misusing Scripture. The reason you are having doubts is because you reject the idea that God is Triune. How else could the Word (Jesus) be with God while being God? The answer is because God is a triune being. God is Father, Word/Son, and Holy Spirit. It's why you read Gen. 1 saying, "Let US make man in OUR image." :idea:

You can't run away from these important verses. You can't shove them aside. You can't know your Lord and Saviour until you see what John is saying right there in John 1.

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. Start there. Who is that talking about?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, it is not possible that I am misusing Scripture. The reason you are having doubts is because you reject the idea that God is Triune. How else could the Word (Jesus) be with God while being God? The answer is because God is a triune being. God is Father, Word/Son, and Holy Spirit. It's why you read Gen. 1 saying, "Let US make man in OUR image." :idea:

You can't run away from these important verses. You can't shove them aside. You can't know your Lord and Saviour until you see what John is saying right there in John 1.

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us. Start there. Who is that talking about?
Shalom.

I disagree with you, but I believe that John 1:14 is talking about Jesus.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, you don't understand them at all. You already admitted as much.
Shalom.

I have read or understood them differently or more than one way in my life. That means that I either have something to learn, one way is better than another, or I have lost something that I understood but that I now have a hard or difficult time seeing.

Shalom.

Jacob

glorydaz

Shalom.

I have read or understood them differently or more than one way in my life. That means that I either have something to learn, one way is better than another, or I have lost something that I understood but that I now have a hard or difficult time seeing.

Shalom.

Jacob

Yes, you might jump from being a Jew back to being a Gentile. Who knows with you... be no more children, tossed to and fro, :chew:

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

The word "adoption" is an incorrect translation.

"I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God." (John 20:17)

We have the same Father as Jesus. We are brothers.

Children with the same father are not adopted.

Jacob's Israel was adopted. God's Israel are begotten by Jesus' father.