Did Adam Lose His Free Will in the Fall?

Robert Pate

Banned
What scripture says that Adam had a freewill?

It is implied in the scriptures that Adam had a free will.

Adam by his own free will named the animals in the garden

Adam by his own free will sinned against God.

You want to believe that God creates robots.

beloved57

It is implied in the scriptures that Adam had a free will.

Adam by his own free will named the animals in the garden

Adam by his own free will sinned against God.

You want to believe that God creates robots.

When are you going to show me a scripture that says Adam had a freewill? I have been asking for about 10 yrs here, for anyone to show me one scripture that says man has a free will.

Robert Pate

Banned
When are you going to show me a scripture that says Adam had a freewill? I have been asking for about 10 yrs here, for anyone to show me one scripture that says man has a free will.

Do you need a scripture for every common thing that we do?

Some things are so common that you would have to be an idiot not to see them.

You think that you are some kind of a robot with no mind of your own. You make hundreds of choices every day.

beloved57

Do you need a scripture for every common thing that we do?

Some things are so common that you would have to be an idiot not to see them.

You think that you are some kind of a robot with no mind of your own. You make hundreds of choices every day.

Well, I guess it will be 11 yrs!

Robert Pate

Banned
Well, I guess it will be 11 yrs!

I have never met anyone that did not have the ability to chose Christ or to reject Christ.

I have witnessed to hundreds, maybe thousands on a one to one basis. They all could say yes, "I believe, or no I don't believe."

God did not create mindless robots that cant think or make choices.

beloved57

I have never met anyone that did not have the ability to chose Christ or to reject Christ.

I have witnessed to hundreds, maybe thousands on a one to one basis. They all could say yes, "I believe, or no I don't believe."

God did not create mindless robots that cant think or make choices.

I have not met anyone that can show me where in the bible does it say man has a freewill !

Nanja

I have not met anyone that can show me where in the bible does it say man has a freewill !

Neither have I.

On the contrary, scripture declares that God does according to His Will!

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

chek

I'm finding this thread very interesting. I suppose, to approach the question of free-will from a different angle, one might think about the act of original sin itself.

God prohibited Adam and Eve from eating fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. If Adam and Eve have no prior knowledge of good and evil (i.e morality) because they have not eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, how can they be blamed and punished for disobeying God? Surely they don't yet know that obeying God is good or evil, because they have not yet acquired the concept of good and evil. Is the fruit not morality itself?

Does this not mean that regardless of free-will, Adam and Eve have been unfairly punished?

beloved57

Neither have I.

On the contrary, scripture declares that God does according to His Will!

Dan. 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Sure you right Eph 1:11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

All things would include the wills of people. No ones will is free from Gods will of purpose, but all wills are under submission to it and obey it !

Nanja

Sure you right Eph 1:11

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

All things would include the wills of people. No ones will is free from Gods will of purpose, but all wills are under submission to it and obey it !

Absolutely. What God desires is never hindered!

Job 23:13
But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.