Demonstrating The Holy Spirit

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
DEMONSTRATING THE HOLY SPIRIT AND THE WORD OF GOD
John 1:1-4
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 He was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
John 14:15-16
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.
16 "And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever--
John 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 12:48-50
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
49 "For I have not spoken on My own authority; but the Father who sent Me gave Me a command, what I should say and what I should speak.
50 "And I know that His command is everlasting life. Therefore, whatever I speak, just as the Father has told Me, so I speak."
John 14:24-26
24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
John 5:37
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
Heb 1:1-2
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:5-10
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Gal 5:24-25
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
John 6:63
63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)
XXXXXXXX To demonstrate the Holy Spirit is to quote the verses(Word). Jesus only spoke the words of God, the Holy Spirit only quoted the words of God. We are to demonstrate and follow their example of obedience to the Word of God.
Paul would demonstrate the Spirit . We are to demonstrate the Holy Spirit> If you stop the verses you stop the demonstration of the Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 2:4-7
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Didn't satan quote verses at Jesus? Was he filled with the Spirit?

I said
Satan quoted old testament verses. The Holy Spirit quotes new testament verses. Satan doesn't quote new testament if he did his kingdom would be divided.

Matt 12:25-28
25 But Jesus knew their thoughts, and said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.
26 "If Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then will his kingdom stand?
27 "And if I cast out demons by Beelzebub, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore they shall be your judges.
28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, surely the kingdom of God has come upon you.
(NKJ)

Bradley D

"If you love Me,keep My commandments" (John 14:15). It is more than just quoting scripture. It is living it that people really notice.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
"If you love Me,keep My commandments" (John 14:15). It is more than just quoting scripture. It is living it that people really notice.

I said
That is one of the down falls of the internet. We cant see how the other one is living. We just get to see their words. We don't even know if their in a good mood or a bad mood when they post.

beameup

Didn't satan quote verses at Jesus? Was he filled with the Spirit?

Yes!
And Satan can "quote" the New Testament to Christians as well.
Peter calls them "fiery darts" of the enemy.

Here are a couple of "fiery darts" that Satan throws at Christians:
"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation" - Heb 2:3a
"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge
of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, - Heb 10:26

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Yes!

I said
Satan does what your doing. Using gross exaggerations, and guile. Satan quotes old testament. The new testament is truth. The darts are deceptions as in gross exaggerations, guile, old testament. The new testament is truth, satan isn't going to throw truth at you.

Eph 6:13-17
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;
(NKJ)

John 17:17
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
(NKJ)

Bradley D

I am not to judge others. What is important is that I make sure I am living God's word as best I can. Early Christians attracted people to Christianity by their lives. Of course one cannot not do that online. Here we discuss the Bible/Theology.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I am not to judge others. What is important is that I make sure I am living God's word as best I can. Early Christians attracted people to Christianity by their lives. Of course one cannot not do that online. Here we discuss the Bible/Theology.

I said
well some are still in the theology. I'm in the revelations of Jesus Christ.
theology is spiritual theory, and theory is guessing.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Theology is the study of God and religious beliefs.

I said
That is what I said. Theology is the milk understanding of the Word.

1 Cor 3:2-11
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

No other foundation, not denominations, not the trinity, not muslims.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Theology is the study of God and religious beliefs.

I said
That is what I said. Theology is the milk understanding.

1 Cor 3:2-11
2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;
3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?
4 For when one says, "I am of Paul," and another, "I am of Apollos," are you not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one?
6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, you are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)

Lilstu

Yes!

Here are a couple of "fiery darts" that Satan throws at Christians:
"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation" - Heb 2:3a
"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge
of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, - Heb 10:26

In your opinion, have you noticed a problem with Hebrews.

Lilstu

I notice that many of your quotations are from John's Gospel
John's Gospel Shows Strong Evidence of being Edited.

Let me show you an example.

John 20:30-31
30 Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.

This was the original ending of John's Gospel.
But there is another chapter in John's Gospel....chapter 21.

John 21:25
25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they *were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself *would not contain the books that *would be written.

This is the ending that we have now in our Bibles for John's Gospel.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I think that your over looking the fact that God put stumbling stones in the bible. Now if God is the one that done it. It cant be called a mistake.
STUMBLING STONES--VERSES (CIRCUMSTANTIAL VERSES)
Rom 9:33
33 As it is written: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stumbling stone and rock of offense, and whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame."
Rom 10:3
3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.