ECT DEFINING SACRED TRADITION

SaulToPaul 2

And the Roman Catholic Organization "notion" of "sola pope infallibility."

So there, shill.

Sacred tradition is a neat weapon to have in your arsenal, saint john. It can be unbiblical and something never dreamed of by the first century church, but all you have to do is whip out the ole sacred tradition card.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Your MADist assumptions have been dealt with elsewhere on this forum, and have nothing whatsoever to do with the actual subject of this thread. You're off-topic.
Nope, always on topic. We are in the current dispensation given by Paul. The real Church started with Paul, not Peter.

Cruciform

Nope, always on topic. We are in the current dispensation given by Paul. The real Church started with Paul, not Peter.
Nobody cares about your latest entirely non-authoritative Protestant interpretive fad---it will be replaced by some other contrived and fabricated hobby horse soon enough, and you'll all be running after that bandwagon. :yawn:

Back to Post #18 above.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Nobody cares about your latest entirely non-authoritative Protestant interpretive trend---it will be replaced by some other contrived and fabricated hobby horse soon enough, and you'll all be running after that bandwagon. :yawn:

Back to Post #18 above.

Oh Great Pompous One, you have spoken.

HisServant

12938172_225285737832556_591995375854104853_n.jpg

Comments or Questions?

This just proves that the RCC doesn't want to be accountable to anyone but themselves. Not the Holy Spirit, not the Ekklesia, not to anyone. Simply because it has refused to qualify what the exact traditions the original apostles taught and have used that absence of fact to say whatever it wants and to re-codify it and expand on it to its heart desires.... all for the purpose of bilking money out of its congregants.

Cruciform

This just proves that the RCC doesn't want to be accountable to anyone but themselves. Not the Holy Spirit, not the Ekklesia, not to anyone. Simply because it has refused to qualify what the exact traditions the original apostles taught and have used that absence of fact to say whatever it wants and to re-codify it and expand on it to its heart desires.... all for the purpose of bilking money out of its congregants.
Now post your documented proof for this latest collection of inherently bigoted---and wholly unsubstantiated---anti-Catholic claims.

(Wait for it...)

Dona Bate

And the Roman Catholic Organization "notion" of "sola pope infallibility."

So there, shill.
"Condemnation is ready for scoffers, and beating for the backs of fools" Proverbs 19:29

No exception's mentioned for MADist's or anybody else for that matter....Ouch!

God Bless!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Aletheiophile

Although not catholic myself, I acknowledge that without the catholic traditions we would not have the modern church. I believe that there is annointing and saving grace in the catholic tradition. There would not be the written tradition of scripture without oral tradition, and I am very thankful for the early fathers.

However, I do prefer pre-Vatican II catholicism to post-VII. In fact, I prefer pre-VII catholicism to armenianism and dispensationalism. But it is also important to remember that there is another branch of the early church - Eastern Orthodoxy. I believe that the majority of failings of Catholicism come from the reasons the East and West split: The Papacy and the Filioque.

Luther and the reformers recovered many of the things lost in the split, but in a Western mode. I greatly respect some of the renaissance Catholic scholars like Erasmus and Lorenzo Valla, if only the church had heeded to their criticism.

I can see where there is a proper place for works according to faith. And even that in representing Christ and manifesting Christ we can participate in our salvation, but only because it is our perfection and maturation in being more conformed with Christ. Not that the act itself is the means, but that Christ is the means, manifest in the act.

But there are many aspects of Vatican II that are purely unChristian, such as interfaith principles and denial of the uniqueness of Christ. Cruciform, do you abide by Vatican II?

Cruciform

Originally Posted by SaulToPaul >
I believe Cruciform to be a pompous poor lost religious soul.
...exactly as your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect has taught you to believe.

Cruciform

Even when it is essentially interfaith by giving weight to Judaism and Islam?
I'm no more free to deny or reject any formal teaching of Christ's Church than I am to deny or reject Jesus Christ himself---as the Head goes, so goes the Body (Lk. 10:16; cf. 1 Tim. 3:15). Whether or not I adequately understand or am personally comfortable with---or happen to "like"---a particular doctrine is entirely irrelevant with respect to a teaching's truth-status.

How is that sacred tradition? According to the OP, how does that conform to the strict sense of only that which was given orally by the apostles?
Are you familiar with what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says on this point?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited: