• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Creationists vs "Atheistical Darwinialistic evolutionalists"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Only your religious belief makes you think that the Bible is God's word.

Only God can write a book like the Bible over the course of ~1600 years using 40 different authors and have the main points largely unchanged even 2000 years after it's finished.

Or maybe you think that getting 40 authors to write different parts of the same story, let alone over the course of 1600 years, and have it remain consistent, is easy...

And it isn't only atheists that think otherwise.

I mean, you're a fine example of a Jew who rejects God's word as being God's word, so...

chair

Only God can write a book like the Bible over the course of ~1600 years using 40 different authors and have the main points largely unchanged even 2000 years after it's finished.

Or maybe you think that getting 40 authors to write different parts of the same story, let alone over the course of 1600 years, and have it remain consistent, is easy...

I mean, you're a fine example of a Jew who rejects God's word as being God's word, so...
A continuous culture can and did create such a book.
The problem is that you equate "holy" with "God's word". The bible contains God's words, in that it quotes God. It, in itself, is not "god's word".

I am example of an observant Jew who doesn't fit your Christian idea of who I should be. So what?

chair

Only your religious belief makes you think that the Bible is not God's word.

That is true... all unbelievers think otherwise.
"Unbelievers" includes.. who? Anybody who doesn't believe that the bible is God's Word? In that case- it's a tautology.

marke

The problem is that you equate "holy" with "God's word". The bible contains God's words, in that it quotes God. It, in itself, is not "god's word".

I am example of an observant Jew who doesn't fit your Christian idea of who I should be. So what?
Jews must turn to Jesus for forgiveness of their sins and a new life from God or they will go to hell also.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

"Continuous"

Last I checked, Revelation was written AFTER the destruction of Israel by Rome.

Continuous indeed...

You also ignored my point:

40 IDENTIFIABLE men wrote the books of the Bible, over the span of about 1600 years.

Getting 40 men, today, to write a single book with a continuous storyline (the Bible is written as one continuous story), is impossible, and forget trying to do it over the course of 1600 years with NO MEANS of communication between them.

The problem is that you equate "holy" with "God's word".

Holy means "set apart."

So yes, the Bible, God's word, is set apart from other books.

The bible contains God's words, in that it quotes God.

The ENTIRE BIBLE was authored by God. The 40 authors of the books contained within it were His tools to write it.

It, in itself, is not "god's word".

Correct. The Bible is not "god's word." It is "God's word."

My ideas have nothing to do with it.

Forget us Christians. We're sinful creatures by nature, and imperfect. Look to the One who was perfect for the standard.

Regardless, what I said stands: You are a Jew who has rejected God's word as being God's word.

chair

"Continuous"

Last I checked, Revelation was written AFTER the destruction of Israel by Rome.

Continuous indeed...

You also ignored my point:

40 IDENTIFIABLE men wrote the books of the Bible, over the span of about 1600 years.

Getting 40 men, today, to write a single book with a continuous storyline (the Bible is written as one continuous story), is impossible, and forget trying to do it over the course of 1600 years with NO MEANS of communication between them.

Holy means "set apart."

So yes, the Bible, God's word, is set apart from other books.

The ENTIRE BIBLE was authored by God. The 40 authors of the books contained within it were His tools to write it.

Correct. The Bible is not "god's word." It is "God's word."

My ideas have nothing to do with it.

Forget us Christians. We're sinful creatures by nature, and imperfect. Look to the One who was perfect for the standard.

Regardless, what I said stands: You are a Jew who has rejected God's word as being God's word.
"Revelation" is part of the Christian Bible- not mine. Nor Jesus' Bible. And the Bible isn't a continuous storyline. It has historical sections that follow more or less chronologically, but a continuous storyline? No. Try reading it start to end.

Gary K

Banned
"Revelation" is part of the Christian Bible- not mine. Nor Jesus' Bible. And the Bible isn't a continuous storyline. It has historical sections that follow more or less chronologically, but a continuous storyline? No. Try reading it start to end.
All that post says is that you have zero understanding of the Bible.

The Bible teaches spiritual principles through the stories found in it, and the principles taught in it. The fact that you don't recognize that Revelation was given to John by Jesus says a lot. That makes it a part of Jesus' Bible. He inspired it from Genesis through Revelation.

Like I've said elsewhere all you do when you post is exhibit your ignorance. And the fact that respect for Jesus, the kind of respect that causes a person to follow Him, is the beginning of wisdom says your level of wisdom is basically non existent.

The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48 (gcide)
Wisdom Wis"dom (-d[u^]m), n. [AS. w[imac]sd[=o]m. See Wise,
a., and -dom.]
[1913 Webster]
1. The quality of being wise; knowledge, and the capacity to
make due use of it; knowledge of the best ends and the
best means; discernment and judgment; discretion;
sagacity; skill; dexterity.
[1913 Webster]

This is why you have a big problem recognizing the difference between truth and lies. You have rejected the one and only source of true wisdom. You need to turn your life around and accept Jesus as Lord and Master of your life.

chair

Don't worry about it if you choose not to care. God tells Christians to allow the ignorant to remain ignorant and let God deal with them in His time.
Great! Then you can be happy!
But- why do you guys always try to convert people?

marke

Christians are motivated to tell others about Jesus for at least two reasons. 1. God commands them to preach the Bible to every creature, and 2. Christians do not want others to go to hell.

Gary K

Banned
Do you enjoy watching someone destroy themselves? I don't.

If you see someone walking down a path in the dark that you know ends on a cliff without a guard rail would you warn those you saw walking toward that cliff? I would. Would you? Would you care enough to warn them they are walking towards sudden death?