Creation vs Covenant Creation

iamaberean

The Hebrew word 'Elohim' is plural and does not always pertain to our Lord. This has to be the reason that the scripture below, was translated as God was speaking to someone and that someone had to be other spirits (angels). Jesus is not another God, he is God.
Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

The Hebrew word 'jeh-oa-vaw' is a name, singular, and in all cases it is translated as 'LORD'. So when LORD God is mentioned in the old testament, it is definitely speaking of the one and only God of the Jews.

So when we look in Gen 2, we see exactly who the scripture is speaking of.

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
Jehovah God created the heavens and the earth, it doesn't say Jehovah God created mankind.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Jehovah God formed man, formed is taking something and shaping it. So instead of taking one who had been created in Gen 1, he formed Adam, not mankind but one who's name is Adam, from the ground which had already been created in Gen 1.

I say all of this to point out that Gen 1 is about creation, Gen 2 is about covenant creation. Although I believe God created everything, there is a difference between mankind that was created in Gen 1 and the man named Adam in Gen 2. That is because the scripture itself makes a difference in 'God' and 'LORD God'.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Cross Reference

The Hebrew word 'Elohim' is plural and does not always pertain to our Lord. This has to be the reason that the scripture below, was translated as God was speaking to someone and that someone had to be other spirits (angels). Jesus is not another God, he is God.

The Hebrew word 'jeh-oa-vaw' is a name, singular, and in all cases it is translated as 'LORD'. So when LORD God is mentioned in the old testament, it is definitely speaking of the one and only God of the Jews.

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
Jehovah God created the heavens and the earth, it doesn't say Jehovah God created mankind.

Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Jehovah God formed man, formed is taking something and shaping it. So instead of taking one who had been created in Gen 1, he formed Adam, not mankind but one who's name is Adam, from the ground which had already been created in Gen 1.

I say all of this to point out that Gen 1 is about creation, Gen 2 is about covenant creation. Although I believe God created everything, there is a difference between mankind that was created in Gen 1 and the man named Adam in Gen 2. That is because the scripture itself makes a difference in 'God' and 'LORD God'.

I believe you are attempting to pick dirt out of pepper. Why? Is my question to you?

CherubRam

If you want to get technical, Iahuah is the correct ancient spelling of God's personal name. "Iahuah" in modern English is these days spelled "Yahwah." The Hebrew language did not start using an "e" vowel until after 200 AD. A "DAY" can be an epoch of time.

iamaberean

If you want to get technical, Iahuah is the correct ancient spelling of God's personal name. "Iahuah" in modern English is these days spelled "Yahwah." The Hebrew language did not start using an "e" vowel until after 200 AD. A "DAY" can be an epoch of time.
My point is, what ever the correct spelling is, it is speaking of LORD God!

6days

.....there is a difference between mankind that was created in Gen 1 and the man named Adam in Gen 2.
This is just another attempt to Distort God's Word and sneak in a contrary belief system. And, its another attempt to show a conflict between 2 passages when none exists.

First off... You attempt to create a false distinction between the words 'formed' and 'created'. The two words (formed and created / bara and asah) are used interchangeably in scripture. Both words are often used to describe the exact same event. For example we are told God made the stars, and told He created the stars.

Second.....Genesis two is not contradictory and not a separate creation account. Genesis Ch. 2 fleshes out some of the details of the creation account from the first chapter. While the first chapter of Genesis is God creating, the second chapter provides details of the creation in relation to humanity / Adam and Eve.

Jesus saw Genesis 1 and two as complimentary... not contradictory. In Matthew 19:3–6 Jesus Christ quoted from Genesis 1:27 and Genesis 2:24 as being the same event... the same Adam and Eve.

iamaberean

This is just another attempt to Distort God's Word and sneak in a contrary belief system. And, its another attempt to show a conflict between 2 passages when none exists.

First off... You attempt to create a false distinction between the words 'formed' and 'created'. The two words (formed and created / bara and asah) are used interchangeably in scripture. Both words are often used to describe the exact same event. For example we are told God made the stars, and told He created the stars.

Second.....Genesis two is not contradictory and not a separate creation account. Genesis Ch. 2 fleshes out some of the details of the creation account from the first chapter. While the first chapter of Genesis is God creating, the second chapter provides details of the creation in relation to humanity / Adam and Eve.

Jesus saw Genesis 1 and two as complimentary... not contradictory. In Matthew 19:3–6 Jesus Christ quoted from Genesis 1:27 and Genesis 2:24 as being the same event... the same Adam and Eve.

Saying Gen 1 and Gen 2 agrees is what you and I have been taught, but that doesn't make sense. We are to rightly divide the word and that is what I try to do.

Gen 1:26 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Here God told man, not Adam, to replenish the earth.

Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
Here the LORD God put Adam in a garden eastward in Eden.

I am sorry but these two scriptures do not agree.
God (Jews know that this God was not yet their God) created man and told them to replenish the earth.
LORD God (LORD God is the Jewish Covenant God) formed Adam and put him in a garden.

I am not saying that God and LORD God were not the same, but LORD God was called this when the covenant was made.

Gen 2:23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Nothing said about wife in Gen 1 but in Gen 2 Adam called this female, Woman and she was his wife.