Conversations with Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I agree.

To me it refers to the fact that HE is the creator of all living beings called spirits, that were made in HIS image.

It refers to HIS created people no matter where they are living or whether they have a body or not.

I'd say I covered my thoughts of most of these questions in the last couple of posts...Spirits are the individual people created in the image of GOD. We are spirits; we have bodies. The spirit does not change upon the death of the body any more than the body dies if the clothes it wore yesterday are burnt.

I think you are saying that animals do not have and are not spirits.

ttruscott

I am not sure about the things that you are saying. You are saying something about outer darkness that I do not know to be true.
I refer to the meaning of Matthew 22:13 Then the king told the servants, ‘Tie him hand and foot and throw him outside into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

In my inner musings, I wondered where was the darkness 'outer'? If our sinful darkness of heart is inner, what is the outer darkness? It came to me that our reality, our universe, must have an end, and edge so to speak, unless it was infinite. So perhaps the outer darkness is outside of all created reality into the place that had no creation in it until they are sent to reside there...a place with nothing of GOD nor HIS creation in it but them. Yikes.

ttruscott

I think you are saying that animals do not have and are not spirits.

I tend to think that but I do wonder about the Hindus and others thinking that animals have the spirits of corrupt people, ie, fallen spirits. I consider that they may know more about themselves than Christians who as the elect of GOD, do not need to know, that is that some people are indeed born into animal bodies to learn some karmic lessons. Weird...

I do know that the serpent was a little more sinfully crafty than the other animals, implying they were a bit sinful, and that he was cursed above the other animals which implies they were also a little bit cursed for their sins and that when HE decided to cleanse the world of evil in the flood HE included the animals for their sinful violence along with the humans...how that might fit with Hindu understanding of those condemned already on the earth, I dunno - cool eh? Just what does it all mean, :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I refer to the meaning of Matthew 22:13 Then the king told the servants, ‘Tie him hand and foot and throw him outside into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

In my inner musings, I wondered where was the darkness 'outer'? If our sinful darkness of heart is inner, what is the outer darkness? It came to me that our reality, our universe, must have an end, and edge so to speak, unless it was infinite. So perhaps the outer darkness is outside of all created reality into the place that had no creation in it until they are sent to reside there...a place with nothing of GOD nor HIS creation in it but them. Yikes.

Well, I don't follow that. You can choose to believe what you want to, but every belief matters to God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I tend to think that but I do wonder about the Hindus and others thinking that animals have the spirits of corrupt people, ie, fallen spirits. I consider that they may know more about themselves than Christians who as the elect of GOD, do not need to know, that is that some people are indeed born into animal bodies to learn some karmic lessons. Weird...

I do know that the serpent was a little more sinfully crafty than the other animals, implying they were a bit sinful, and that he was cursed above the other animals which implies they were also a little bit cursed for their sins and that when HE decided to cleanse the world of evil in the flood HE included the animals for their sinful violence along with the humans...how that might fit with Hindu understanding of those condemned already on the earth, I dunno - cool eh? Just what does it all mean, :)

Definitely a conversation. I don't believe those things. I think of Solomon when I think about spirits, but I don't know why I do.

ttruscott

Definitely a conversation. I don't believe those things. I think of Solomon when I think about spirits, but I don't know why I do.

Now that you notice the sinfulness of animals, you might make something out of it...or find something out about it.