ECT CONSTANTINE & THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

Cruciform

12208719_1090133221006555_4878760742341809068_n.jpg

HisServant

It was actually Constantine's mother that started all the nonsense and fostered the creation of the Roman church.

She made the trip to Jerusalem and tried to find all the places where biblical events occured and encouraged the erection of shrines and other nonsense and was obsessed with finding holy relics.....no one cared about them or concerned themselves with such nonsense before her.

Cruciform

It was actually Constantine's mother that started all the nonsense and fostered the creation of the Roman church...holy relics...no one cared about them or concerned themselves with such nonsense before her.
[Attention any genuinely interested and honest reader seeing this post: I am now going to require HS to provide actual documentary proof for his above claims, and he is going to do anything at all---changing the subject, ignoring the post completely and pretending it doesn't exist, etc.---as long as it doesn't involve actually posting any real "proof" whatsoever. Ready?...]

Now go ahead, HS, and actually prove the claims highlighted in your statement above. Post your proof.

:yawn:​

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Foxfire

Contrary to popular belief, Emperor Constantine was NOT the first Roman Emperor to openly "tolerate" Christianity.

In fact, he was NOT EVEN the Emperor of Rome at the time of the battle of Milvian Bridge 312 CE. The famous battle where Constantine had his troops paint Chi Rho cross images on their shields.

The Emperor that first encouraged toleration of Christians was Emperor Maxentius, Emperor of Rome who commissioned the construction of the aptly named Basilica of Maxentius just a stones throw from the Forum in Rome to commemorate his tolerance of Christianity in the year 308 CE, .

Who was Maxentius Emperor of Rome? He was the guy on the other side of Milvian Bridge.

Why did Constantine have Chi Rho crosses painted on the shields of his troops? So that the Christian troops under Maxentius wouldn't attack CHRISTIAN IMAGES with as much ferocity.

Constantine, after his victory, commissioned the unfinished Basilica of Maxentius be re-purposed to a monument commemorating that victory. Covering it from end to end with Pagan imagery so the Forum didn't have to look at the Christian symbology.

iu

Cruciform

Contrary to popular belief, Emperor Constantine was NOT the first Roman Emperor to openly "tolerate" Christianity.In fact, he was NOT EVEN the Emperor of Rome at the time of the battle of Milvian Bridge 312 CE. The famous battle where Constantine had his troops paint Chi Rho cross images on their shields.The Emperor that first encouraged toleration of Christians was Emperor Maxentius, Emperor of Rome who commissioned the construction of the aptly named Basilica of Maxentius just a stones throw from the Forum in Rome to commemorate his tolerance of Christianity in the year 308 CE.Who was Maxentius Emperor of Rome? He was the guy on the other side of Milvian Bridge.Why did Constantine have Chi Rho crosses painted on the shields of his troops? So that the Christian troops under Maxentius wouldn't attack CHRISTIAN IMAGES with as much ferocity.Constantine, after his victory, commissioned the unfinished Basilica of Maxentius be re-purposed to a monument commemorating that victory. Covering it from end to end with Pagan imagery so the Forum didn't have to look at the Christian symbology.
Source(s), please.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, though the Christian Church was/is rooted in Judaism.

The one biblical and historical church founded by Christ.

This is that Moses who said to the children of Israel, "The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear. This is he who was in the congregation in the wilderness with the Angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers, the one who received the living oracles to give to us... (Acts 7:37-38 NKJV)​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, it was his mother that perpetrated a bunch of myths that Fox News likes to repeat on Christmas.

Cruciform

The one biblical and historical church founded by Christ.
This is that Moses who said to the children of Israel, "The LORD your God will raise up for you a Prophet like me from your brethren. Him you shall hear. This is he who was in the congregation in the wilderness with the Angel who spoke to him on Mount Sinai, and with our fathers, the one who received the living oracles to give to us... (Acts 7:37-38 NKJV)​
The one biblical and historical Church founded by Christ:
"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven" (Matt. 16:18-19).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+