Concerning the feasts of the LORD, these are MY FEASTS

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
At the first Passover the lambs were sacrificed on Wednesday Nisan 14 and some years later our Passover was sacrificed on Wednesday Nisan 14.

chair

At the first Passover the lambs were sacrificed on Wednesday Nisan 14 and some years later our Passover was sacrificed on Wednesday Nisan 14.

I like "some years". It is at least 1,000 years. Was the Passover lamb a sin-offering? Was it brought every year as a sin-offering? Read the verses before you answer...

beameup

load of nonsense.
Clearly YHWH states that they are HIS FEASTS.
You can "celebrate" a Feast and yet not have a
clue
to the deeper meaning intended by the
CREATOR of the Universe. They are "His Feasts",
Jews are but participants, acting out the feast rituals.

chair

Clearly YHWH states that they are HIS FEASTS.
You can "celebrate" a Feast and yet not have a
clue
to the deeper meaning intended by the
CREATOR of the Universe. They are "His Feasts",
Jews are but participants, acting out the feast rituals.

...you can also make up any "symbolism" you like out of ancient tribal rituals, and then pretend that you know something the tribesmen are "blind" to.

You could explain the feasts as being related to the Wizard of Oz. It wouldn't make it true, nor would it turn the rest of the world into the "blind "

beameup

...you can also make up any "symbolism" you like out of ancient tribal rituals, and then pretend that you know something the tribesmen are "blind" to.
The ancient tribesmen knew a lot of what these feasts were all about.
Nevertheless, their descendants abandoned God and lusted after idols.
Not to worry though, Messiah will explain it all when He comes.

Solomon: Behold, I build a Temple to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. This is an ordinance forever to Israel. - 2 Chronicles 2:4

These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. - Leviticus 23:4

fzappa13

Correctamundo.

mmm ... no. Not correct.

These feasts are indeed prophetic but they have a threefold fulfillment. Take the Passover as one example. You had that little incident with Moses, another one with Jesus on the same day ... there is another one coming. So it is with all these holy days. A study of the number 3 will not be without profit for a student of the Bible.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I like "some years". It is at least 1,000 years. Was the Passover lamb a sin-offering? Was it brought every year as a sin-offering? Read the verses before you answer...

The Passover observance was for the benefit of the firstborn then and now. No one else was in jeopardy.

beameup

The Passover observance was for the benefit of the firstborn then and now. No one else was in jeopardy.
There are a lot of significant "elements" (like bitter herbs, unleavened bread, etc.) involved in the Passover, besides just the application of the blood to the front door.
Note that the Passover sacrifice is for sin:
But the man that is clean, and is not in a journey, and yet neglects to keep the Passover, even the same soul shall be cut off from among his people: because he brought not the offering of the LORD in his appointed season, that man shall bear his own sin. - Numbers 9:13

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The man's sin was not observing the Passover when he was able to do so. He didn't qualify for the second Passover.

However, Jesus' death provided atonement for sin, but that was not related to the Passover.

chair

There are a lot of significant "elements" (like bitter herbs, unleavened bread, etc.) involved in the Passover, besides just the application of the blood to the front door.
Note that the Passover sacrifice is for sin:

No.

But the man that is clean, and is not in a journey, and yet neglects to keep the Passover, even the same soul shall be cut off from among his people: because he brought not the offering of the LORD in his appointed season, that man shall bear his own sin. - Numbers 9:13

The sin he will bear is the very fact that he didn't participate in the Passover. That is the sin he bears.The Passover lamb is not a sin offering.

beameup

However, Jesus' death provided atonement for sin, but that was not related to the Passover.

Do you have a Bible?
Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened.
For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth
. - 1 Corinthians 5:6-8

Note that Passover precedes the Levitical Laws on blood sacrifice offerings for sin, but the similarities are obvious.

beameup

I do. Do you have any biblical questions?

Doesn't it seem odd when I point out to you, that you make emphatic statements that have absolutely no basis in the Bible? Perhaps your using an "imaginary" Bible, one based on the imaginations of your mind.

For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us - 1 Corinthians 5:7b